Author Topic: strength increase = muscle increase?  (Read 38084 times)

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
Re: strength increase = muscle increase?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 07:20:00 am »
lol!
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 03:46:18 pm »
I like the idea of working out, but get bored easily. I did read a great book though about Static Contraction exercises, which said muscle & bone strength is set by the maximum loading they encounter - with this theory there is no need to actually move the muscle, just incremental daily increases in forces develops bulk.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »
Ill have to try that miker,thanks
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 08:18:55 pm »
I like the idea of working out, but get bored easily. I did read a great book though about Static Contraction exercises, which said muscle & bone strength is set by the maximum loading they encounter - with this theory there is no need to actually move the muscle, just incremental daily increases in forces develops bulk.
Limited range of motion during any type of exercise produces limetid range results. You only get stronger in the position you exercise and a narrow area arount that. Go for full range exercise for full range benefits. Focus on the position of maximum contraction, only there will you aver contract the largest possible number of fibers similtaniously.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline freezerburn

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:58 pm »
Limited range of motion during any type of exercise produces limetid range results. You only get stronger in the position you exercise and a narrow area arount that. Go for full range exercise for full range benefits. Focus on the position of maximum contraction, only there will you aver contract the largest possible number of fibers similtaniously.

Completely true. 

Furthermore, applying high forces in extreme ranges of motion increase the number of sarcomeres and stimulate the muscle fibers to GROW longer so they can generate greater forces at these extreme ranges...this has to do with how the actin and myosin filaments overlap (kind of like having more oars in the water).  Also, rate of contraction is important, if you move the weight too quickly with improper form, you end up using momentum to move past a weak spot.  Funny though, trying to move the weight at a maximal rate fires the most fibers.  This is why maximal loads are required so you can not generate enough momentum to coast past the weak range of motion.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 11:50:00 pm »

Warning - really weird woo woo statement about to occur.

A long time ago Miker I didn't want to go to the gym but wanted muscles so I decided to go at night in my dreams instead. I would have dreams of working out. My husband was totally flabbergasted when I started to develop muscles.

Now I'm too lazy and bored to even work out in my sleep! Ha. So I have to use my conscious Will instead to do it 3 dimensionally.

But the mind is powerful Miker. Very powerful.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 12:08:20 am »
Dor?True story? lol

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 01:41:00 am »
As true as my name.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 02:19:24 am »
Well i need to ask Mr.Sandman for a Dream then. lol

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:51 am »
Well i need to ask Mr.Sandman for a Dream then. lol

You have to be able communicate well and be in cooperation with your subconscious mind - and your subconscious mind can't be lazy too. ;)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
Hey freeze and hit it raw... What do you think of hit smith machine squats? I'm very tall and With regular old fashioned barbell squat I barely feel my legs working because of very bad leverage factors my legs are too long and lower back torso short... I Tried smith machine and oh my god I must say j felt my legs for the firs time in my life and because it was on a smith machine I didn't afraid to go to insane failure and even get more negatives... After which set I did legprresses to failure and Jesus Christ I couldn't walk nor have sex for a week... As soon as I started squatting in smith machine my legs grew enormously I used to believe that old fashioned squats are best for various reasons but not anymore! My very bad leverage factors didn't allow me to hit the legs real raw but now I know what to do!! Kill them legs first time on my entire life they feel murdered and hammered I can't run or jump for the whole week my legs just fail!! I am growing at enormous rate right now my Bodyweight got to 105kilkgram range right now and only because I'm tall it still looks like I'm skinny...

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32:35 am »
I now understand why I wasnt real heavy my entire training history... My legs simply nevehad real raw work my bad leverage factors never allowed me to concentrate on the legs instead I felt like my lower back was getting the whole chunk of the work... What I want to hear from you hit it raw and freeze is that you approve smith machine..

Offline freezerburn

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 12:11:32 pm »
If it works for you, it works for you.  I would say don't throw unassisted squats out the window though.  The smith is really not a lot different than doing a machine hack squat, which I have had much success with in my old days of huge ;)

Offline Philski

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »
So does that mean I have put on some muscle? I cannot tell just by looking at myself.  My scale weight remains the same.
you need to check your body composition

here is a free one:
 http://www.flexyourmuscles.com/HowtoCalculateYourBodyFatPercentage.html

you can find other ones too, or buy one of those scales that tell you this info

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 11:08:56 pm »
Nice pic dor

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 10:25:36 pm »
T
Nice pic dor

That's Muriel Siebert - not me. I've been putting up pics of powerful women, changing them often, as a running joke with Wodgina. But thanks! :D

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 03:51:32 am »
Are you increase more strength and muscles then you can join the Gym is really best way to build your muscles very well and improve more strength very well. And you also eating more fresh food and avoid more fatty food is really badly increase more weight and increase more weakness.

I'm guessing Henry that English is not your first language. Your second sentence did not make much sense to me. Would you mind please trying again.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:33 am »
Are you increase more strength and muscles then you can join the Gym is really best way to build your muscles very well and improve more strength very well. And you also eating more fresh food and avoid more fatty food is really badly increase more weight and increase more weakness.

Hey henrywronger. What's your first language? You seem to be having some trouble using english.

Also, how do you eat. What raw paleo foods are you eating? How do you prepare your meat?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 04:02:35 am »
Hey henrywronger. What's your first language? You seem to be having some trouble using english.

Also, how do you eat. What raw paleo foods are you eating? How do you prepare your meat?
It's a bot, they don't eat food..

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 04:04:14 am »
It's a bot, they don't eat food..
Ah. So it just takes a bunch of key words and throws them together then?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 04:15:08 am »
Mods, are these Sig-link spammers bots or just peeps payed to spread the links across the web, or both? Just a curiosity.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 07:44:26 pm »
It maybe be real people, you can get for little money as many as hundreds of guys in Bangladesh for example to do this kind of stuff.
In the end they are not much better than computer bots anyway.
And this kind of advertisement does more harm than good in my opinion.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:54 am »
But what could they be selling except confusion? It's not like they mention a product.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »
So does that mean I have put on some muscle? I cannot tell just by looking at myself.  My scale weight remains the same. I do not do measurements because measurements are hard to do and are inconsistent.
Absolutely, it does. Your just leaner. Your burning body fat! Congratulations

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:23 pm »
Absolutely, it does. Your just leaner. Your burning body fat! Congratulations

I weigh about 140 lbs, but I look 15 pounds lighter, because it's all muscle, for the most part.

Eating high-quality unfrozen raw fish and meat really builds my muscle tissue, even if I don't do much weight-lifting.

I've always built muscle easily, but it's even more true eating this way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk