Author Topic: coffee,sugar,diet sugar  (Read 15744 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: coffee,sugar,diet sugar
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 12:09:07 am »
No, neither shooting nor negativity was present in my response.

Addiction and cravings have physiological and behavioral components. Understanding each facet of "addiction to carbs" clears things up.

Physical cravings for carbs in an insulin-resistant metabolism is not true addiction; it is starvation. In other words, the body is not converting carbohydrate foods to available energy. Rather, it is storing carbs as body fat. Excess protein intake will also be converted to stored body fat. Limiting carbs and proteins produces a short-term heightened starvation, but this is not the same withdrawal as true addiction. It would make sense to support the conversion with something like acetyl-L carnitine, if one wanted to support the process of burning fat for energy. Endorphins are not involved in the process.

Behavioral addiction may also be present. There are many ways to overcome behavioral addiction, such as meditation, support from others, CBT, desensitization therapy, hypnosis, etc. (I'm not recommending any particular one of these, I'm just sayin'.)

Research references are abundant. Check out the bibliography of books by Taubes (or even Richard Atkins) for more references than you could possibly need.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 08:28:29 am »
Blachrino - were you referring to Eveheart's post?
Anywho - I'm still interested. Are you still around? How ya doin'?

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:49:32 pm »
Yes i am Dor,and i fight it is!! My big issue is not eating raw,but being able to keep it up financially.I have 3 small children and a ex wife that every chance she gets,will try to ruin me. well that another story. lol but what im trying to say  is,because the food consumed on this diet is beneficial,its expensive and sometimes i cant do it.Its very frustrating.
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »
Hey eve,
I read your post and i understand,i think i took it the wrong way.I also read your recent post and the valuable info. that it entailed.Thanks
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »
Dor Ill get that info for you.The dlpa also helped my ADD.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 03:40:16 am »
BR - there are gradations of beneficial diets. There are diets that will stop your diabetes without being so expensive too. Because that's not about raw paleo, I'll pm you.

Have you tried yet to source some inexpensive organs/fats? It's not easy for me but people here say that they can get those sometimes for free or almost free. There have been some threads with ideas on how to make the diet more affordable too.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »
Coffee is like rotorouter to me. It smells soooooooo good. However one cup and about 25 minutes later I'mm off to the loo. It really does a job on me.

Be a bit careful with liquorice. Small amounts are OK, but in males, it will cause breast growth and even breast issues normally found in females. I seem to recall this conversation previously Dorothy. I knew someone who was eating it and ended up with breasts forming on him. They were extremely tender.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 03:05:02 am »
Yes Al - man boobies aren't pretty!  :o  ... and also don't take licorice if you have high blood pressure as it can raise the pressure and don't take it if you potassium deficient or eating a diet low in potassium.

It's really great for me as my blood pressure is on the low side, I eat TONS of high potassium foods and being a woman - man boobies aren't an issue. lol. 

But very good points Al. I should always put those caveats. Or maybe I should put it at the bottom as a signature. When it comes to herbs especially as a suggestion one should always check side affects and contraindications. Google makes that oh so easy!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »
Yes Al - man boobies aren't pretty!  :o  ... and also don't take licorice if you have high blood pressure as it can raise the pressure and don't take it if you potassium deficient or eating a diet low in potassium.

It's really great for me as my blood pressure is on the low side, I eat TONS of high potassium foods and being a woman - man boobies aren't an issue. lol. 

But very good points Al. I should always put those caveats. Or maybe I should put it at the bottom as a signature. When it comes to herbs especially as a suggestion one should always check side affects and contraindications. Google makes that oh so easy!
Thanks for the further information.

Herbs are generally inoffensive but copious quantities over long periods can be potentially difficult. They do have an early warning system like everything we ingest. They start to taste bad when they are no longer useful.

The good thing about herbs is that they have buffers within them to help with healing .

Unlike the allopathic model which goes for the active ingredient, a medical model which is based on making money as one can patent it and then mass produce it. The DIN system is devised not to increase health, but to increase profit. The resulting drug is synthesized so it can be mass produced at a very low cost also maximizing profit.

However a single drug attacking a problem is like driving a unicycle compared to driving a Mercedes.

The buffers in the herb surround the active drug with chemicals that act as both enhancing agents for the desired result as well as modifiers that reduce the difficulties or deleterious side-effects associated with the active ingredients. Herbs tend to act slowly and more gently.

That's why different herbs may be used for a medical issue, but one is better.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 03:28:29 am »
So true Al, so true. Perfect example is aspirin which can eat away at the lining of your stomach whereas white willow from which they derived it has no such side negative side affects - but it does have some positive ones like helping to cure cancer. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk