Author Topic: Freelee's brother jumped ship.  (Read 46458 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Freelee's brother jumped ship.
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2013, 07:05:39 pm »
When I first went raw in 2002, it was on a diet of raw fruit, salad greens, coconut oil & nuts. I looked amazing, slim, glowing skin, BUT after 1 year I felt my skin was dry & my hair was dry too.
One night I woke up craving raw egg yolks even though they were not part of my raw diet. But I HAD to have them! So I went downstairs & into kitchen. I cracked open 5 eggs, separated out the whites & drank down the 5 raw yolks. I wanted more so I had 3 more yolks. It was my body telling me: GET OMEGA 3 FATS NOW!
Yes, especially DHA, most likely. I have seen multiple stories like this. The human brain/mind seems to have a survival mechanism to assure it gets enough DHA, vitamin A and other vital nutrients.

Had you ever eaten separated yolks before and did you know at the time that they contained plenty of omega 3 fat?

When I posted my story on raw vegan message boards....WOW..... I got blasted for even suggesting people need Omega 3 from animal products! Some said it was disgusting, gross, I was a loser, a bad person for eating animal substances
I also got blasted for suggesting egg yolks would help supply much needed B Vitamins .
Typical response. Not surprising.

The one food I personally don't do well with (cooked or raw, soaked) are grains or heavy starches.
I wouldn't rule out resistant starches until you've tried them. Google tatertot or otzi and "resistant starch," if you're interested.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Freelee's brother jumped ship.
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »
When I first went raw in 2002, it was on a diet of raw fruit, salad greens, coconut oil & nuts. I looked amazing, slim, glowing skin, BUT after 1 year I felt my skin was dry & my hair was dry too.
One night I woke up craving raw egg yolks even though they were not part of my raw diet. But I HAD to have them! So I went downstairs & into kitchen. I cracked open 5 eggs, separated out the whites & drank down the 5 raw yolks. I wanted more so I had 3 more yolks. It was my body telling me: GET OMEGA 3 FATS NOW!
After I ate them I felt so much better & I slept deeply. From that point on i felt the yolks were something my body needed, so I ate at least 3-4 RAW egg yolks daily.
My hair & skin became smooth, soft & I got so many compliments.
When I posted my story on raw vegan message boards....WOW..... I got blasted for even suggesting people need Omega 3 from animal products! Some said it was disgusting, gross, I was a loser, a bad person for eating animal substances
I also got blasted for suggesting egg yolks would help supply much needed B Vitamins .
Luckily a couple of Raw leaders came to my defense (Nazariah was one. He told his own story about temporarily losing the use of his legs due to Vit B deficiency on a raw vegan diet. He was cured after adding raw egg yolks, raw goats milk back into his diet).
Needless to say I do NOT recommend a RAW VEGAN DIET (whether low or high fat) & I DO recommend a RAW PALEO DIET (being sure to have either raw egg yolks &/or raw salmon for Omega 3 etc) with addition of some Cooked veggies in winter.
The one food I personally don't do well with (cooked or raw, soaked) are grains or heavy starches.

Yep.  I remember a guy from Florida back in 2002 on a raw vegan forum reporting that the only thing that completely cured his Lyme symptoms was raw egg yolk. He was vegan otherwise, but the yolks really worked for him.  A lot of people gave him crap about it, but he politely continued to assert his case.

When did you start eating RAF regularly? Where are you from?  I started raw mostly-vegan in 2001, and added raw shellfish/fish in 2005, and have continued to try different meats, fish, organs, etc. ever since.  I mainly eat seafoods for my flesh foods, a lot of fatty fish and shellfish.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk