Author Topic: weird sensation at night  (Read 12852 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: weird sensation at night
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
Can you eat garlic scapes raw or do you have to cook them. I just looked up "scapes" because my leeks made some. They say that leek scapes taste a lot like asparagus. Do garlic scapes taste like garlic and have the same healing properties?

dorothy you may never read this but there are leek scapes on the farm, i noticed when they go to flower they form a large inner stock instead of the rings of a leek that are usually present, the white inner part of this stock is absolutely delicious...perhaps the same texture as a tender fresh asparagus but very sweet and juicy and mildly leeky tasting, from the root up the inner stock is super sweet and the more towards the flower the more spicy the flavor becomes.  super delicious, very sweet, definitely edible

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: weird sensation at night
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 08:19:02 am »
I saw it!  :D

I actually spent some time here at the forum today - even though I'm supposed to be doing other things! Not good... But now I'm glad. Thanks Jessica!

I'm going to plant leeks. I had some but my chickens got into that garden and decimated them. Only raised beds from now on. Those chicks are dextrous! Next year they will have their own chicken proof bed. Did you know that leeks should always be planted with carrots because they keep away the carrot aphid? My chickens got the carrots, the leeks and the garlic and onions which were all so perfectly planted together according to the rules of companion planting. Too bad the chickens didn't obey the rules. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk