Author Topic: I love salt  (Read 68348 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I love salt
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2013, 08:40:30 am »
once again, more excuses with no proof of someone dying from just one session of drinking too much milk.

shall I start pulling up examples of someone dying from just one session of drinking salt water or water so you can see what real proof looks like?
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2013, 11:22:27 am »
than you for such a wise comment. I have learned so much from it.

Dude, it was so generalized because you have so many areas to learn about regarding this diet. I've seen all sorts of crazy things work to heal people.  High dairy, zero dairy, high salt, no salt, high fruit, no fruit, all meat, almost-zero meat, etc., etc..

I've probably read close to half a million posts on various nutrition forums over the last 14 years. People vary tremendously in what works for them. Even one single person (as Iguana wisely points out) can change over time.  This is especially true when you're eating a large amount of a specific food every day for many months/years. I cycle on/off various foods pretty regularly. I imagine you will eventually have to cycle off dairy for a while, for instance.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »
Yes, water in large amounts can be toxic.  There was a sad case near where I live about 25 years ago where a mother forced her young son to drink over a gallon of water very quickly, as a punishment.  It killed him.

That doesn't mean all the animals you can see drinking from rivers/streams in nature shows are harming themselves.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:17 pm »
i can show many cases of people dying from drinking too much water or salt water in one session.

That's not what we are talking about.  Too much of anything is not a good thing.
We are talking about your nonsense claim that water in moderate amount is harmful.

Also, there is no proof that few gulps of sea water is harmful as well. I've done it so many times and it felt great.  I'm not claiming that everyone should do it.  It just works for me.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »
IM so sick of all this talk on here of people drinking water from the ocean. I dont want to call anyone a liar but the fact that I got so sick for weeks after one gulp combined with the fact that any source iv ever found on the  confirms my experience that drinking the ocean is incredibly dangerous i must call bullshit on iguana and van saying they drank ocean water and were fine.

Please show me some evidence other than your anecdotal evidence which I do not believe.

Iv never come across anyone who has said anything other than drinking salt water is highly dangerous.

http://www.marineinsight.com/misc/marine-safety/10-effects-of-drinking-salt-water-of-the-sea/

Theres just one article listing the side effects of drinking ocean. I had most of these when I had just one gulp.

Sorry guys but I reiterate, im calling bullshit on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXeORVIoU9Q
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »
Salt is a hot topic for sure as this is a 2012 thread.

I have had a change of heart. I was listening to someone talking about drinking lots of water, so I decided to try it. Normally I cannot stand the stuff and also cannot handle salt at all, but I decided to try 1 to 2 litres in the AM with about a teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt in it.

Dr Batmangalich https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xweziIaUMo

BTW I have not watched this video, but have read his book entitled "Your Body's Many cries For Water". He says to take the salt first before you drink the water as it absorbs the water better, but I simply cannot throw down that much salt and chase it with water.

I have found that drinking the water in the AM before having anything to eat seems to be a good idea as my urine is pretty much clear and surprisingly I do not seem to urinate for awhile after drinking the water which makes me postulate that the water is not just rushing through me.

I haven't tried all of the other varieties of salt, but definitely would not use commercially available rock salt.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2016, 12:00:42 am »
I certainly don't expect to reach a consensus on salt because salt's role in the body is so complex. Even if we eliminate "junk" salt that has been iodized and anti-caked, even if we control for mined salt vs evaporated salt, even if we consider the rest of the diet and lifestyle, salt can either enhance or weaken biochemical processes in ways that differ for each body's landscape.

Whether we are starting new "salt" threads or dredging up old ones, the information is useless unless each person looks at their own body's salt cycle: ingested salt, circulating salt, and excreted salt. For example, too little circulating salt is often the cause of too little hydrochloric acid in the stomach, yet people often take hydrochloric acid supplements without correcting the salt deficiency. 

I had an interesting experience during a hospitalization a few years ago, when the on-call doctor diagnosed me with hyponatremia (low level of salt in the blood) at the end of a week of hospital food. The medical treatment she prescribed was to limit water intake to slow down excreted salt. (LOL, get the irony here? Instead of giving me more ingested salt, they tried to slow down the excretion of salt.)

I am fussy about salt. I use it in a dietary way, not in a culinary (flavor enhancer) way. In some salty foods, the only significant flavoring is salt - as in chips or the little flavoring packets that come with ramen noodles. I like mined salt, evaporated salt, and black salt. I buy salt in a Korean market that carries an entire aisle of various kinds of salt. I believe that good salt helps my digestion function perfectly, helps me sleep better, and puts me in a better mood.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2016, 12:21:31 am »
what about the watercure guy, dr ''batman''?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2016, 12:43:52 am »
what about the watercure guy, dr ''batman''?
Hi PA,
That is the guy that I linked to in my post. His actual name is Dr Batmangelidj. There are a few YTs on/with him.

Basically I think that what he says is correct, simply because most PPL eat such a gawd-awful diet nowadays that for the most part, just upping their water intake and throwing some good quality salt in to remineralize and increase actual absorbtion will help clean out the crap they have been building up for years. That in itself will clear out the vast majority of illnesses. The missing part is just to re-nutritionalize ;D the body.

Salt's other purpose which most PPL miss is that it is important for motivating digestion. Hydochloric acid or the building block of stoamch acid is created with salt.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 12:54:38 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline the6step

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2019, 10:09:40 am »
This svrn guy saying salt is bad, never really elaborated on why the salty liquer inside oysters, is different from salt. They're both sodium, and both "salty". Also: "blood" is salty people. Guess what? We probably didn't "cleanly" drain the blood from our prey before eating the meat. There was blood mixed in, acting as a "salt topping" of sorts. I know I'm reviving an old thread but... I'm surprised no one touched on this.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2019, 01:21:52 pm »
This svrn guy saying salt is bad, never really elaborated on why the salty liquer inside oysters, is different from salt. They're both sodium, and both "salty". Also: "blood" is salty people. Guess what? We probably didn't "cleanly" drain the blood from our prey before eating the meat. There was blood mixed in, acting as a "salt topping" of sorts. I know I'm reviving an old thread but... I'm surprised no one touched on this.
I have had no problem in the past consuming lots of raw blood from raw wild game carcasses(vacuum-packed) which had lots of natural salts in the stuff. On the other hand, I get a nasty toxic reaction in my mouth if I consume any more than tiny amounts of salt on rare occasions, and feel unwell afterwards. Table-salt/sea-salt is something entirely different from natural salts in raw blood, from my own experience.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2019, 11:54:10 pm »

"The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got It All Wrong--and How Eating More Might Save Your Life"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk