Author Topic: Raw meat becoming increasingly disgusting  (Read 10556 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw meat becoming increasingly disgusting
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »
Exactly the topic subject! The more beef I am eating the worse it is getting  -v

I basically hate the taste of raw beef now. The raw liver is fairly tasteless, but I am tending to make myself raw liver curry and that's pretty nice. The kangaroo is better tasting than the beef but is still getting pretty sickly, and lamb no better. I couldn't afford to have salmon or fish every night, and I can't live off organs because I would probably OD on something like Vit A, plus they are 'oversatisfying' by which I mean I eat a little then I am 'satisfied' even though I am still quite hungry.

What do I do?!

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw meat becoming increasingly disgusting
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:10:40 pm »
If your instincts tell you to eat something else, do not force yourself on raw beef or lamb.

Instincto thing kicks us back to reality.

There is a time for everything.

I myself had a fling with: oysters everyday, tuna everyday, blue marlin everyday, beef everyday, horse everyday... durian everyday... it's a cycle that of course we all must realize.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:46:17 pm »
Well, I guess I want some inspiration - what to eat?

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »
You're expecting someone else to tell you what to eat???

I guess people here could tell you what NOT to eat: cooked food and dairy. So feel free to pick whatever you like from the rest :)

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »
Well, I guess I want some inspiration - what to eat?

What do I eat besides beef?

Lots of various sea food... go to the wet market, pick and taste an enormous variety. (squid, clams, oysters, shrimp, crab, various fish big, medium, tiny... etc.)
Various other red meats like goat, lamb, horse, duck, chicken.
Lots of various fruits... sweet and non sweet... every month there is something in season in my country.
Lots of raw root crops.
Lots of raw vegetables.

I didn't have beef for almost a week.
So this dinner I felt like eating beef... with salty tiny whole fish with innards that is fermented... with fermented ginger... it was satisfying.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline jinna86

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »
I have a similar but slightly different issue in that all the meat I'm eating tastes really bland and tasteless to me.  I've had chicken, beef, bison, lamb organs, and salmon and it's all starting to taste the same.  But in my case, I think a dash of salt will solve the trick.  Do most people eat everything plain, or do they occasionally add salt and spices?

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:40 pm »
I usually eat plain.

If the meat does not taste good to me I don't eat it.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:46 am »
Add spices occasionally but be careful not to overdo it. They will get old after a bit also. Let your taste buds be your guide. Try all of the different meats and cuts of meat. Some cuts of meat are not tasty.

I disagree with the assessment to avoid dairy. If someone like dairy go for it.

Everyone has their own taste buds and nutritional requirements.
Cheers
Al

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:46 am »
I agree with listening to your body.  If it doesn't feel right, don't eat it.  You probably don't need it.  I disagree with eating root tubers raw.  Same with raw veggies unless you can stomach them.  Experiment with different things and see what instinctively sounds good to you?  How about some word association?

-FRUIT
-SOFT cooked veggies (peas, carrots, potatoes) with raw olive oil or butter
-RAW NUTS
-RAW EGGS

I mean just don't force anything.  My diet shifts all the time.  Another thing you might try is a "rotation diet."  I often get hooked on certain foods. (carrot/celery juice, raw eggs, etc) and then get sick of them mentally and physically.  Rotate what you eat on a 3-4 day cycle.  Or eat something for a few days then go off for a few days.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 04:13:46 am »
Some raw veges aren't bad. You can mix them also or juice them. Just make sure not to mix them with other foods.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 06:43:28 am »
Raw vegan diet is delicious. Even cooked vegan tastes great. U can try them. For short time they work for me. For long term,  vegan diet is a killer.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:44 am »
Raw vegan diet is delicious. Even cooked vegan tastes great. U can try them. For short time they work for me. For long term,  vegan diet is a killer.
Not sure if I would go along with it being a killer. Not overly healthy with a very slow deterioration maybe.

If someone has crazy notions, I believe any diet can be suicide.
Cheers
Al

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:10 am »
I only survived raw vegan for 2 months.  raw fruitarian in 2 months.  I felt I may have wasted away in the next month... that's why I could only last that long.  Some people can go raw vegan longer.

Going on temporary raw vegan or diluted juice fasting is a good thing for me.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:47 am »
I was a (cooked) vegan for 23 years and only changed as an experiment. I had no serious issues that I was aware of.

I cannot imagine being a raw vegan or fruitarian.
Cheers
Al

Offline AlphaCog

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
In addition to what other has suggested try getting your meats from different farms/areas of your country as their mineral content might be different. It might give you a new taste.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:55:32 pm by AlphaCog »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
Exactly the topic subject! The more beef I am eating the worse it is getting  -v

I basically hate the taste of raw beef now. The raw liver is fairly tasteless, but I am tending to make myself raw liver curry and that's pretty nice. The kangaroo is better tasting than the beef but is still getting pretty sickly, and lamb no better. I couldn't afford to have salmon or fish every night, and I can't live off organs because I would probably OD on something like Vit A, plus they are 'oversatisfying' by which I mean I eat a little then I am 'satisfied' even though I am still quite hungry.

What do I do?!

Large pizza and a 6 pack. Cheap, filling/bloating
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:16 am »
Bleargh, I just threw up my breakfast... I got the eggs down fine (they were cage eggs and didn't taste that nice, but were ok), and then tried to get down some grass fed cow heart and puked... I am not getting the hang of this raw meat thing :( I am surprised you havent had more people like me?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 10:33:40 am »
Organs are hard to get down IMO
Cheers
Al

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 10:42:39 am »
Bleargh, I just threw up my breakfast... I got the eggs down fine (they were cage eggs and didn't taste that nice, but were ok), and then tried to get down some grass fed cow heart and puked... I am not getting the hang of this raw meat thing :( I am surprised you havent had more people like me?

This breakfast, I had a slice of organic dragon fruit, then a slice of wild avocado.  Then I felt like eating a raw organic salad for a change and this salad had different leaves, carrots, and zucchini. At the end of it I had tea from malunggay / moringa as my supplement.

I did not eat animal food this breakfast. Why?  Because I did not feel like it.

If I didn't feel like eating animal meat and I ate animal meat, then I would have thrown up myself.  I ate bad chicken liver one time and I threw up.  I ate bad oysters one time and I threw up and had diarrhea at the same time. Throwing up is the body's self defence against bad food.

The technique to raw animal food is to eat it only when truly hungry for it.   Eat organic and wild... and choose healthy meat.  My own kid at 9 years old knew that when ravenously hungry, raw meat tastes good!  There are days I don't feel like eating raw animal meat and that is absolutely fine.  There are days I do not like eating anything period... and that is fine... some people here do intermittent fasting.

And if your animal food sucks, or when your veggies or your fruits suck, you have to find better sources.  I am sure you don't just pick ANY fruit... you just don't go and eat ANY vegetable... you CHOOSE the better ones.

These days I've come to appreciate the "father" of organic farming in the Philippines because he grows the best tasting veggies and fruits... better tasting than the other organic growers.

I've also come to appreciate beef from a specific wet market.  Lamb from new zealand in a membership shopping place.  I've come to appreciate beef bone marrow from a specific wet market.

I've also come to appreciate fresh raw sea food from various wet markets and various sellers.

You have to broaden your choices... taste and taste and taste.  If I had gotten stuck with factory caged eggs and factory beef... I'd have been miserable.

(last night I had 2 raw squids and some raw tuna sashimi)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:53:04 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »
well! I have tried marinading and it is coming along great! Garlic and italian herbs and tomato and a Few other things thrown on kangaroo, and then fridge-dried for a day is really nice. A side of yogurt and some herbal tea!
Eating fillets is much more satisfying than mince, and also I am eating things cold!! You all say to eat it room temperature, but I think cold just tastes better!
Also: I think I just don't like beef (muscle or organs or anything!)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 04:39:37 pm »
Another update:
The kangaroo gave me an upset stomach, and I think it was mostly to do with it's super low fat. I had some salted butter and half an hour later the pains went away.

Tasting different sources and cuts really is good advice! I am enjoying this brand of lamb loin chops! I would dip it in olive oil and salt, and serve with a side of sour cream. I definitely rather things slightly cold (15 degrees or so).

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 09:18:49 pm »
Wow kangaroo!

What does it taste like? Is it wild? Can you buy it?
Cheers
Al

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:53 am »
Kangaroo is interesting because it is so familiar when raw. When I first had it, I explained to people it tastes like how I imagine beef SHOULD taste.
More accurately, kangaroo raw tastes like a quality beef steak cooked rare. This is funny because I like rare beef, but hate raw beef, and cooked kangaroo tastes nothing like cooked or raw beef (it's very tangy).

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »

Oh yikes! No, not beef? I have a suggestion! Don't eat beef! Eat those other foods that you enjoy. A little FREE advise, KIS (keep it simple)!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 07:15:24 pm »
Wow kangaroo!

What does it taste like? Is it wild? Can you buy it?

Can't farm Kangaroos...no  fat, smells bad...tastes good.

The meat is a dark red.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk