Author Topic: very weird and awesome experience when I spotted wild deer  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
very weird and awesome experience when I spotted wild deer
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:47:06 am »
I have a very strange experience to tell you about. I was taking my dog for a walk. I was standing still in grass right by a forest. I spotted a deer run out of the grain fields and into the forest. This deer was very close, so I'm sure that played a role in my experience. I've seen wild deer but never this close.

At that moment I felt something very strange, a heightened awareness. Basically my eyes felt wide open, and I felt as if I couldn't close them even if I tried. Everything was so vivid. I had NO THOUGHTS during this. My mind was quiet during this whole experience and even after. I actually still feel it now but less. It's kind of what people strive for during meditation but way better because it was natural. The feeling was sort of euphoric, I felt a burst of energy, and my eyesight and hearing were perfect. I could see and hear everything clearer than I ever have, without a single thought. I spotted another deer and without thinking about it, sneaked up on it, very slowly, and with a knife in my hand. During this whole experience, I didn't feel as if "I" was actually doing anything, I felt like it was my instincts. I had no idea any of this would happen.

The deer eventually ran away and I stayed there a good 5 mins just staring around, with very quick movements of my head when I heard a sound. Anything that looked like a deer in my peripheral vision would cause me to quickly look at it with eyes wide open and vision so clear it's ridiculous. It actually reminds me of how cats hunt.

When I returned home, I couldn't sit still, and I could not really converse with anyone. I still felt the energy in my blood, and I felt as if I couldn't control it. My wife's sister was over at my house and apparently went to the bathroom. I heard a door slam and immediately felt as if someone broke into the house, so I grabbed my knife. I tried to open the bathroom door and it was locked, so I was preparing to kill someone. I went ran into the living room to tell my wife to stay back and I noticed that her sister was gone. At that moment I calmed down.

I think a huge cause of this euphoria/adrenaline rush was that I was VERY hungry. I haven't eaten at all today and it's 10:30 at night. This actually happened only an hour ago. I think my instincts were preparing me to kill that deer. I didn't even think about it once, I instinctively sneaked up to them. Seriously, this was probably the BEST feeling I've ever had in my life. I actually felt like an animal. And this was NOT just in my head. I didn't even think about this ever happening. I had no thoughts, extreme awareness, both in vision and hearing, and I felt for once that LIFE was driving me and not "me". I did hear about this adrenaline rush that people in the wild feel, and that is a similar feeling to being on drugs, if not better. I've never done drugs, so I can't compare it.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this?

CitrusHigh

Re: very weird and awesome experience when I spotted wild deer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:40:12 am »
Yep, that's totally the reason I'm always promoting wilderness awareness skills, because they rekindle your instincts and presence in nature, leading to these types of experiences and eventually transforming the way you perceive reality permanently!

Have you been practicing your wilderness awareness skills or did this happen spontaneously because of spending time in nature? One is just natural after spending time outdoors without a schedule, the other is a conscious honing of that state of mind/being.

If it just happened spontaneously, you can improve the frequency and duration of that state of mind by reading and practicing the works of Jon young, ingwe, Tom Brown Jr., Tamarack song and other authors on the old ways.

This morning I was walking the cows out to their temporary pasture paddock and I looked off to my right in an alley of grass there was a Doe with two Fawns standing there just as red as cedar and looking a little surprised and nervous, but not leaving. Since they didn't run off immediately I assumed they accepted me as one of the cows and I started "grazing" and behaving like a ruminant, looking up in the direction of sounds from time to time and then going back to pulling at the grass. They stayed long enough that I sat down to enjoy them. Not long after they trotted off, but they were no more than 50 yrds away for the majority of the time. Close enough that it totally caught me off guard when I first looked over at them. I always feel grateful for these up close encounters. I've had way closer and way more bizarre, but this was a treat because fawns are so precious, and to see them with mama, all the more!
Also I can't tell you how pleased I am that you had this experience AND shared it with us! You should feel proud, because it's a sign of progress in body language and energy as well as brain patterns, stillness of mind, and the forest is feeding back to you, accepting you as part of her instead of apart from her, big compliment!!! Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:49:56 am by Thoth »

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: very weird and awesome experience when I spotted wild deer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:35 am »
Both exeperinces are wonderful. I have had amazing experiences, but I can't seem to make them happen. Everything lines up, or it doesn't.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk