Author Topic: improving skin  (Read 4907 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
improving skin
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »
just wanted to share that i have noticed some real improvements in my skin.

since eliminating foods im allergic to and also eating copious amounts of raw meats and fats my skin has progressively gotten smoother, softer and much less dry.  after a while i was able to use just a light bit of olive oil to keep my skin moist, but after about 3-4 years eating raw and really focusing on high quality meats and fats i no longer have to use anything on my skin to keep it soft and moisturized.  i also dont sunburn which is pretty unheard of out here as we have a lot of intense sunshine.

i grew up in colorado and have lived here the majority of my adult life.  it is EXTREMELY arid high altitude desert

while growing up and before eliminating allergenic food (grains, nuts, most legumes, most fruits and some vegetables) i had pretty painfully dry skin.  scaly in places (mostly shins and ankles) as well as tight and dry in others (lower back) especially during the winter as i spent a lot of time in the cold and at high altitude.  i would also have chapped lips and sometimes blemishes.  as well as those little bumps on the back of the arm. also facial rashes would flare up from time to time when eating allergenic foods, too high carb or being under stress.

i generally had to slather up with balms and lotions, and be careful that they werent also irritating.  they basically made my skin look normal, but that was the extenet of the benefit, no healing. as soon as i would shower my skin would be bone dry.

i stopped eating shitty foods and added better quality meats and fats and immediately noticed a difference.  the bumps on the arms dimished and disappeared, legs were definitely less dry and the lower back itchy stretchy feeling went away.  blemishes would come and go as i have been adjusting diet and stress. but i was able to start just using natural oils to keep my skin moisturized.  by controlling my blood sugar through lowered carb intake, eliminating alcohol, regular meals and a few round of herbs i was able to get rid of the rashes. 

dry brushing also helped to removed old dead skin, i dont have to do that so often any more, maybe once or twice a month instead of once or twice a week.  i shower in the coldest water that is comfortable and only a few times a week at most.

my skin has generally seemed to tighten and heal and has really excellent texture, lol!  i know its not just me being vain, i get compliments which i general dont expect seeing as i am a totally low maintenance person and only trying to achieve health, not vanity!  i am really happy not to have to consider even purchasing oils for the skin, as long as i am eating properly the body responds and takes care of itself :) 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:25:11 pm by jessica »

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: improving skin
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »
Awesome testimony!  Thank you and congratulatioins!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »
Excellent post. Thanks Jessica.
   I have very dry skin, and I get pimples. I've been raw, but I cheat, since Oct 2011. I burn to a crisp and then peel, with minimal sun exposure. All depressing.  Still, some of the fine lines in my 40yr'o skin are diminishing. Even though I didn't paint a pretty picture. My skin looks damn good for 40, with 17 years of type 1 diabetes and general stress.
    I use health food store sunscreen for now, and slater with raw oils constantly, but I hope to achieve similar results after longer no-cheat time on raw foods.
    I bathe a ton. I use cool or cold water, but I'm wet 2-4x/day. I love to swim, soak, and shower. I still use soap on my essential areas, but my skin has smoothed out so I don't need soap to shave. I think of how you said you don't bathe daily, in an older post and I think that is another part of why your skin is healthier.
     I hope to build a sweat lodge in my backyard this winter. I'm going to try cold therapy in snow and lodge for purification and bathing. I think that would be a great supplement to raw food  for my skin, but hot summer and cold water, go well together, for now.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:12 am »
Good for you jessica! Your another testament and success story for the RFD. The best thing for me about the RFD is the results. No diet or program has every given me that!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 08:02:11 am »
wOOt!

The best way to moisturize is from inside. ;D

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:18 am »
Congrats sister!
I burn to a crisp and then peel, with minimal sun exposure. All depressing. 
I have found consumption of raw saturated animal and plant fats, and direct application to the skin, to be helpful with this. I burn much less than I have over the past 20 years or so.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline rebeccazadeng

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:09 pm »
thanks for sharing the testimonials, experience is really good.. will try to catch you....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk