Author Topic: Overpopulation is a  (Read 27165 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Overpopulation is a
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:02:18 am »
Total population of Earth 6,553,289,000

Average population density of Earth: 44.0 persons per square kilometer (5.62 acres per person)

that's way too many people to sustain carnivorous diet.  i'd estimate 1b would be just right.

The Overpopulation Myth is a Distraction from
Our Real Problems: Poverty and War

i say it is exactly the opposite, poverty and wars are the results of overpopulation.  there are over 2000 ethnic groups and only about 200 countries.  conflicts are inevitable when there is not enough space for every ethnic group.  think of it as two packs of wolves trying to share the same area.  one will destroy the other.  there is no other way.  humans are exactly like that.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:33:23 am »
You never fail to out-cynicize my expectations for you ys! ROFL!

First off, we've had wars for thousands of years, long before the population was at your arbitrary 1 billion mark.

Also if you read the page, and if it is accurate, it is saying that the 6.55 billion population, if all living in North America, would get about an acre per person. Leaving the rest of the world unihabited. IF that is true, then with the whole world inhabited, we've got plenty of space if everyone would spread out a bit. Overpopulation is NOT a myth under our current system of living densely packed together, but certainly tenable with permaculture principles and unity consciousness. We'll get there....in spite of the best efforts of cynics like yourself! jeesssus christ.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:44:24 pm »
Overpopulation is not a myth. We are already experiencing increases in food-prices all over as a result. We are also destroying entire species in the tens of thousands as a result of overpopulation and technology. The claim re acres per individual is also meaningless since much of the Earth's land surface is not accessible to humans(nature reserves, Antarctica is only allowed to be visited by a tiny few each year, then there are deserts which can hardly handle lots of people living on them etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »
Even thought the videos sounded so wise and believable, I think they were just another bunch of sound-byte hidden agendas.

Populous areas create a "civilized" living pattern within cities, with food coming from the outlying areas. That was shown in the videos as population being beneficial. True, the urban/rural template is delightful... until overgrowth of population causes the city to implode. That was NOT shown, and the inference was that it does not happen.

Overpopulation is a ... reality.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »
People like me and Sabertooth are willing to carry on the burden of inheriting the earth with our descendants.

Who is volunteering themselves to be eliminated for our benefit?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:51 pm »
Overpopulation is a ... reality.
Of course it is. This trend started with the mastery of fire and increased exponentially ever since the Neolithic era. Currently, it's only because of the cheap energy provided by oil that the agriculture can feed 6,5 billions humans and their pets.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:27:07 pm »
People like me and Sabertooth are willing to carry on the burden of inheriting the earth with our descendants.

Who is volunteering themselves to be eliminated for our benefit?

We don't need volunteers. What we need is WWIII whereby all nuke-bearing nations wipe out all major concentrations/areas of humanity, especially those with birth-rates above 2.1.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 04:46:17 pm »
We don't need volunteers. What we need is WWIII whereby all nuke-bearing nations wipe out all major concentrations/areas of humanity, especially those with birth-rates above 2.1.

You are targeting my nation at TFR 3.0 circa 2012, Tyler.  But my city's fertility rate is 1.5. Somehow my people do not like your solution.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:04 pm »
You are targeting my nation at TFR 3.0 circa 2012, Tyler.  But my city's fertility rate is 1.5. Somehow my people do not like your solution.

Well, not all Filippinos  are  happy with the overpopulation problem, and are seeking ways to solve it.

http://getrealphilippines.com/blog/2011/05/overpopulated-philippines-reduced-to-panhandling-for-foreign-investment/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/15/philippines-overpopulation-crisis

We need to cull the herd! There are so many humans out there that NEED to be put down so that other species can survive, and so that other humans can live in a less  overcrowded environment(not possible in the UK right now, other than in the Shetland Isles/Channel Islands and the like). Why can't we issue  an IQ test that forbids anyone  below 105 IQ from breeding? That would wipe out at least 50-60% of the world's population!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:04:52 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »
Yeah and while we are proposing barbaric solutions that hurt innocent people, how about this one:

Or we could get rid of all single, child less people, since they don't have a purpose in life.

I have more good solutions...

Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:20 pm »

Why can't we issue  an IQ test that forbids anyone above 105 IQ from breeding? That would wipe out at least 50-60% of the world's population!
Ah, IQ tests!  ;D You probably mean under 105, don't you?

Don't worry, nature itself will somehow take  care of this problem. It's not our duty to solve it, even more so messing up with barbaric solutions as you suggest! I hope you're kind of teasing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:05:19 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:02 pm »
Ah, but these single childless people are greatly helping to contribute to the environment by not producing dozens of useless, environment-destroying humans, so they are the good guys and do indeed, therefore, have a purpose in life. What's needed is to destroy/put down those who produce more  than 2 children per couple, especially since they are usually(though not always) those who have far less value as a human being than others. I have seen this myself in real life:- those couples who have remained childless or had only one child have almost always turned out to have more value as human beings than those having tons of children.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »
Ah, but these single childless people are greatly helping to contribute to the environment by not producing dozens of useless, environment-destroying humans, so they are the good guys and do indeed, therefore, have a purpose in life.

You are only trying to save yourself, because you are not only child-less but also live in a part of the world that is easily taken care of with a flood  l)

What's needed is to destroy/put down those who produce more  than 2 children per couple, especially since they are usually(though not always) those who have far less value as a human being than others. I have seen this myself in real life:- those couples who have remained childless or had only one child have almost always turned out to have more value as human beings than those having tons of children.
Alright, slay me in case I will get pregnant with a third.

But beware:
Why can't we issue  an IQ test that forbids anyone above 105 IQ from breeding? That would wipe out at least 50-60% of the world's population!
In case you meant under 105, I will have to fulfill my duty and bless this world with much more, extremely intelligent spawn.
I am raising Raw Paleo babies, so make way...

CitrusHigh

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »
Think of all the past civilizations that are now kaput. Like iguana said, we will be put in our place if we don't smarten up, so no worries, let's try to be nice to eachother huh!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »
We'll get there....in spite of the best efforts of cynics like yourself! jeesssus christ.

no need to bring in jesus when you do not agree with someone else's opinion.
overpopulation is a real thing to me.  because of so many people land is so much expensive so i cannot afford to buy a farm at this time.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:04 am »
Jesus of nazareth! not sure why that is of importance.
Land is expensive and has nothing to do with overpopulation, and everything to do with the federal reserve and the corrupt government of this country. Also you might not be able to afford land just precisely where you want it, but I guarantee there's rich, farmable land out there in your price range.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:11 am »
You are only trying to save yourself, because you are not only child-less but also live in a part of the world that is easily taken care of with a flood  l) 
  Christ, you've got religion re the mention of a flood. God doesn't exist.
Alright, slay me in case I will get pregnant with a third.
  All actions have consequences. You will pay for overpopulating the world through increased population density, with extra costs in the form of accomodation, your grandchildren eventually being forced to live 12+ to a room etc.
But beware:In case you meant under 105, I will have to fulfill my duty and bless this world with much more, extremely intelligent spawn.
I am raising Raw Paleo babies, so make way...

Rawpalaeo does not guarantee increased intelligence. For all I know, your grandchildren might be crippled 80 IQ morons. Not a long shot, given that dysgenics studies have shown that the rate of genetic diseases have slowly risen every generation since medical technology has advanced, and that the average intelligence of all populations has slowly sunk every generation due to welfare etc. benefitting the morons while the intelligent have stopped breeding. I could mention a study which showed that the more intelligent a woman is, the less likely she is going to have children. As I recall, it was for every 10 IQ points above the average, a woman's chance of having children halved. Think of the film "Idiocracy" for a more accurate portrayal of the future.

All harsh words, but, sadly true. We really need to nuke the 3rd world into oblivion, and treat our own citizens with harsh tests to see if they qualify for pregnancy or not. No more crack-whores getting low IQ, retarded children en masse etc.!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:04:17 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:14 am »
Ah, IQ tests!  ;D You probably mean under 105, don't you?

Don't worry, nature itself will somehow take  care of this problem. It's not our duty to solve it, even more so messing up with barbaric solutions as you suggest! I hope you're kind of teasing.

Dear God, I'm caught doing the same sort of silly mistakes I accuse  other members of doing all the time re bad spelling etc. Mea Culpa. And, no, I'm not joking. Anyone who has read Gibbon's "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" and Spengler's works,  would see what I mean.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:37 am »
  Christ, you've got religion re the mention of a flood. God doesn't exist.  All actions have consequences.

Christ, I wasn't serious. And I am not religious either. It was a joke.

You will pay for overpopulating the world....bla bla bla.....bla bla... intelligent have stopped breeding. I could mention a study which showed that the more intelligent a woman is, the less likely she is going to have children. As I recall, it was for every 10 IQ points above the average, a woman's chance of having children halved. Think of the film "Idiocracy" for a more accurate portrayal of the future.

this study?

Possible Reasons of Low Fertility Rates in Intelligent People

There are a few possible reasons why more intelligent people have fewer children or no children at all:

Less intelligent women tend to get married at an earlier age, which gives them more time to procreate.
Education of women; studies have shown that women with higher education degrees have fewer children. This is due to the fact that a woman who attends college will spend some of her reproductive years studying and building a career.
Contraception availability; intelligent people are aware of their contraception options, while less intelligent people may ignore their options and may have unplanned children.
The income of the couple will also affect fertility: the higher the income, the lower incidence of children. Intelligent people may be able to get higher paying jobs.

Read more: http://www.fertilityproregistry.com/article/fertility-and-intelligence.html#ixzz23dhISJem
Seems to be affected by the "choices" more intelligent people make. It does not mean women with a higher IQ would have a harder time getting pregnant if they try at a young age. Diet also plays a role in fertility. It would not make sense to be this way naturally, since nature would want the best to reproduce.

All harsh words, but, sadly true. We really need to nuke the 3rd world into oblivion, and treat our own citizens with harsh tests to see if they qualify for pregnancy or not. No more crack-whores getting low IQ, retarded children en masse etc.!
Allright, you will have to take on the administration of the forum then, because Good Samaritan will be "nuked into oblivion".... l)  (that was a joke)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 02:33:38 am »
Actually I second that study showing more intelligent people are less likely to have more kids. It's deffinitely not the case 100% of the time. But I've noticed most of my friends (girls) with kids got pregnant really young. Likely from making the mistake of not using birth control or condoms.

While most of the girls I know without kids are in college, studying to become lawyers or doctors. So they won't have kids (most likely) till after they finish school. Which would easily put them in their 30's.

Not to menion they'll probably want to work on their careers too.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:49 am »
Rawpalaeo does not guarantee increased intelligence. For all I know, your grandchildren might be crippled 80 IQ morons. Not a long shot, given that dysgenics studies have shown that the rate of genetic diseases have slowly risen every generation since medical technology has advanced, and that the average intelligence of all populations has slowly sunk every generation due to welfare etc. benefitting the morons while the intelligent have stopped breeding. I could mention a study which showed that the more intelligent a woman is, the less likely she is going to have children. As I recall, it was for every 10 IQ points above the average, a woman's chance of having children halved. Think of the film "Idiocracy" for a more accurate portrayal of the future.

We really need to nuke the 3rd world into oblivion, and treat our own citizens with harsh tests to see if they qualify for pregnancy or not. No more crack-whores getting low IQ, retarded children en masse etc.!
My experience is that generally (not always) the female end of a relationship tends to have a somewhat higher IQ. It seems to be a function of thinking a lot. Which of course can be a problem also. ;D

Interesting the studies you mentioned Tyler. Consider that the people doing the study would be doing a bit of self-congratulating, considering that no doubt the researchers had to spend their parents money getting a college degree and now they want to show the world that intelligent (college degreed) people are baby-free and that is how intelligent people act. Sort of a snobbery, as if they are above all this diaper nonsense, because they are members of the feted intelligentsia. This type of self-congratulatory babble is reminiscent of the Phrenologist mumbo-jumbo.

What I see is that IQ as is well known is a poor judge of intelligence as it is a culturally biased and long since discarded by anyone of "intelligence".

What these studies say to me is that when women spend too much time trying to appear intelligent their opportunities to procreate are frittered away. If that is what they want perfect, but the reality is you can see these women in hordes in a big rush to have babies when their age is such that having children with serious disabilities is a real possibility or requiring medical intervention to even conceive causes them to live in regret.

I am not suggesting that all women want babies but generally that is an undercurrent.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:16:00 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 03:14:27 am »
The problem is not overpopulation but over concentration of population in certain areas. We're due for a Spanish flu breakout of some variety, or maybe a war, or maybe Armegeddon, who knows. I think it's inevitable.

Groups of peoples historically act like the people on Easter Island eventually.
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:58 am »
Allright, you will have to take on the administration of the forum then, because Good Samaritan will be "nuked into oblivion".... l)  (that was a joke)

LOL, this is becoming funny  ;D

And don’t forget that the most populated 3rd world nations, namely China and India (Pakistan too) also have a good nuclear arsenal… so they may nuke London, LA, NYC, Paris, etc. into oblivion as well in retaliation - just in case those cities haven’t already been  flooded.  >D (that's a joke too)

What I see is that IQ as is well known is a poor judge of intelligence as it is a culturally biased and long since discarded by anyone of "intelligence".

True, my raw paleo cat is undeniably more intelligent than some humans but he would score rather badly at an IQ test, I guess.  ;) (another joke)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:35:24 am by Iguana »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:40 am »
OMG I admitted that generally women are smarter.... Is it too late to say "just kidding" ???  :P :o ;D

If my memory serves me correctly the phrenologists said that orientals are more intelligent. So they may not be waiting to retaliate, maybe they'll be preemptive ... so Tyler no need to bone up on your computology.  ;D
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk