Author Topic: raw milk benefits  (Read 6807 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
raw milk benefits
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:16:47 am »
Howdy folks.

I haven't really mentioned this much, but I've sort of been eating more of a SAD diet than a raw paleo diet.

My finances are rather prohibitive, I've recently downgraded from my previous job. So I'm eating one, maybe two raw paleo meals daily tops. Unlike when I had a good amount of income and every meal was raw. :(

I have a really good source of raw, grass fed cows milk. And I had a dream last night that I was drinking raw milk. So I'm looking into adding it to my regimine.

What are your takes on raw dairy?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raw milk benefits
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:10 am »
Make sure it's grassfed, and fermented.  You will probably want to supplement with magnesium, to balance out the excess calcium.

I eat some fermented raw grassfed cream regularly.  I don't eat the rest of the milk, just the fermented cream, because I want to avoid the calcium, and get as much fat and fat-soluble vitamins as I can.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:16 am »
I like cows butter and cheese but i dont digest the milk well. Anything from a goat works great for me and sheep is tten times better than even that. I think dairy takes a bit of getting used to so id start drinking a lot of kefir and eating a lot of cheese to give ur gut the proper bacteria to digest dairy well. I love dairy.
-----------

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:58:48 am »
Deboss, the milk has casine in it. Even the highest quality milk has this. You may consume the cow milk, but if u feel ur head and thought process is getting vague,  stop drinking this then. So, I m not saying here NO, but be aware and if u r fine even after consuming a month or so, then please, come back to this post and let us know.

The reason I m very careful drinking milk here, 'cause, if u google the information of milk and mental health, there are so meny scary things u can read about the effects of casine in mental heath. People could be wrong and u r the only one to judge. Good luck.
bugs or country chickens

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:37 am »
Yes stuff like casomorphin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casomorphin) is what keeps me away from milk/cheese. Still eat raw butter sometimes though.
I don't like the idea of being sedated.
It pretty much always constipates me, and I believe this morphine stuff just ends up sedating the intestines so they can't move the food properly. If you eat fiber or other stuff that stimulates the bowels you may get away, but I don't eat pretty much any fiber and it's always a disaster.

Gluten in grains similarly release morphine, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliadorphin, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_exorphin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:50:38 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:44:10 am »
Deboss, the milk has casine in it. Even the highest quality milk has this. You may consume the cow milk, but if u feel ur head and thought process is getting vague,  stop drinking this then. So, I m not saying here NO, but be aware and if u r fine even after consuming a month or so, then please, come back to this post and let us know.

The reason I m very careful drinking milk here, 'cause, if u google the information of milk and mental health, there are so meny scary things u can read about the effects of casine in mental heath. People could be wrong and u r the only one to judge. Good luck.

Thanks for the input. On my regular diet I eat regular dairy, so raw dairy I assume wouldn't make a big difference.

I know casein and gluten are a big no no for schizophrenia. But I'm eating both on my sadiet. When I get the finances I'll be off both, and back on my raw-scd diet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:49 am »
I haven't really mentioned this much, but I've sort of been eating more of a SAD diet than a raw paleo diet.
What a surprise. Most people in this forum are in your shoes. No wonder their are so many people in need of help with their issues.

My finances are rather prohibitive, I've recently downgraded from my previous job. So I'm eating one, maybe two raw paleo meals daily tops. Unlike when I had a good amount of income and every meal was raw. :(
We don't need to know your finances, or the reason you do what you do. That's your personal business. Sounds more like an excuse to me. The RPD is not that expensive to follow. Unless you are accustomed to eating cup of noodle soup every day. Do you think we all eat filet minion every meal? This diet is cheaper then being on the SAD diet! Make better food choices, and you won't have to switch back and fourth.

What are your takes on raw dairy?
None Paleo. If your going to eat dairy, at least stick to raw cream or butter. JMO

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:19 am »
Really cheap RPD food ?

meat & fat off-cuts & scraps
fish heads & offal
raw carrots, potatoes...
eggs
old food

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:56 pm »
Yeah he seems to think that only the most expensive grass-fed in the wild mountains meat and organs are worth eating, and everything else is worse than SAD. Sounds like a bad excuse to me too.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 03:10:25 pm »
its should at least be grass fed.
-----------

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 12:37:17 am »
Hi,

I use raw milk too and it helped me with getting rid off candida.
A way to make it extra powerfull is to let the raw milk  get warm at room temperature and let it sit for at least 24 hours.
After that its soured. This is also called yogurt and if u drink this it will help your body to get rid off any bacteria that u might have.

Bless.
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk