Author Topic: Low Carb Raw Paleo Forum  (Read 9095 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Low Carb Raw Paleo Forum
« on: October 21, 2012, 07:24:18 am »
How about a forum for a Low Carbohydrate Raw Paleo Diet?

LC RPD = RAF + Low carb RVF (eg weeds, green leafy vegetables, stalks, flowers, buds, shoots, bark...)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Low Carb Raw Paleo Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:31:55 pm »
Not really necessary as most rawpalaeos are low-carb anyway, by default.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:05:10 am »
Wouldn't that be the moribund Carnivorous/ZC forum I used to moderate?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:53:53 am »
How about a forum for a Low Carbohydrate Raw Paleo Diet?

LC RPD = RAF + Low carb RVF (eg weeds, green leafy vegetables, stalks, flowers, buds, shoots, bark...)

That would be the Omnivorous Raw Paleo Diet: "Animal products with some veggies, berries, and non-domesticated, wild fruits added to the mix." I'm the moribund moderator of Carnivorous/ZC Approach, wherein are featured robust discussions such as http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/another-reason-why-the-term-'zero-carb'-is-an-abomination-and-carnivory-superior/.

TD's statement covers the gist of all RPD: once you stop eating the starches of agriculture, you are automatically somewhere in the range of low carb.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:19:25 am »
OK thanks Eveheart, I'll check out the Omnivorous Raw Paleo Diet forum as you suggest :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »
That would be the Omnivorous Raw Paleo Diet: "Animal products with some veggies, berries, and non-domesticated, wild fruits added to the mix."
Ah, you're right, of course, based on that, though that description reads more like facultative carnivore to me, but that's the official forum description. I think of omnivore including things like underground roots and tubers that are edible raw and more plant foods than a facultative carnivore would eat. Bark is probably also not a carnivore food. Berries and fruit drops are, though, for facultative carnivores like coyotes.

I'm the moribund moderator of Carnivorous/ZC Approach, wherein are featured robust discussions such as http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/another-reason-why-the-term-'zero-carb'-is-an-abomination-and-carnivory-superior/.
Touche Eveheart. :) I'm sorry, it was a rather hamhanded remark by me. I didn't mean to imply criticism about you at all, if that's how you took it. If anyone made it go moribund, it was me, because it happened largely under my watch and my intent was actually to poke fun at myself.

TD's statement covers the gist of all RPD: once you stop eating the starches of agriculture, you are automatically somewhere in the range of low carb.
That's probably true of most raw Paleo folks, maybe not all, I don't know. I'm relatively LC myself, depending on your definition.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 10:35:14 am »
Touche Eveheart. :) I'm sorry, it was a rather hamhanded remark by me. I didn't mean to imply criticism about you at all, if that's how you took it.

No criticism taken, none whatsoever. IMO, there is very little to say about eating an animal diet. For me, the watchwords are Eat enough fat, Eat enough salt, and Eat the whole animal. My idea of a high-carb meal is a dozen oysters.

Far from being moribund, Carnivorous/ZC Approach is a goldmine of RPD information. I was poking a bit of fun at myself, the old [moribund] one.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 03:32:46 pm »
IMO, there is very little to say about eating an animal diet. For me, the watchwords are Eat enough fat, Eat enough salt, and Eat the whole animal. My idea of a high-carb meal is a dozen oysters.

Hi Eveheart - that would make a perfect introduction to the ZC forum,  it would be great to have this comment sticky, to show how simple this can be  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk