Author Topic: I need your advice re: PCOS (women health issue)  (Read 12086 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I need your advice re: PCOS (women health issue)
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:48 am »
Even if she’s not too thin, when fasting the body uses it’s own fat as a fuel – at least until there’s no more. Since this fat is packed with toxins accumulated over years of modern cooked standard diet, using it as the only fuel releases those toxins in the lymph and blood  stream at an accelerated  rate. Such a detoxination at an uncontrolled runaway speed is dangerous and can lead to severe problems.

I admit it's possible to overdo fasting, but generally, I've had excellent results with it.  I've done up to 4 days at a time. I haven't fasted for several years, but I'm considering doing one on my next vacation from work.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »
I suspect iguana is partially correct re fasting's benefits being mostly for those eating cooked food diets as it gives the body time to healh/detox. That said, I have personally noticed some fasting benefits years after going rawpalaeo. My mind becomes sharper, likely because fasting causes ketosis?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »
Some aboriginal peoples have developed their systems to seem to need the cycle of fasting and gorging, like some animals such as snakes. Whether this is an adaptation or a natural human way is of course hard to say.

There has been studies done in the past on aboriginals who had serious diabetic issues in which they realized it was the abundance of white man's food that caused them to have issues. Previously they food sources were feast or famine.

So this goes into the mix and for some people, particularly those with chronic illnesses, fasting may actually be a good idea.

However for persons with low body fat or small features, fasting can be dangerous and counter-productive.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:51 pm »
However for persons with low body fat or small features, fasting can be dangerous and counter-productive.

Like someone with a small nose, small mouth?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:36 pm »
    Like someone with a small nose, small mouth?
I meant a small person, generally thin, with typically smaller features. Not someone with only a small nose or mouth. There is a way to say this properly but it's too early in the AM LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 02:13:25 pm »
I suspect iguana is partially correct re fasting's benefits being mostly for those eating cooked food diets as it gives the body time to healh/detox. That said, I have personally noticed some fasting benefits years after going rawpalaeo. My mind becomes sharper, likely because fasting causes ketosis?

The clear-headedness is one of my favorite benefits. it's too bad that I'm usually too tired/mellow when fasting to write down the insights I get. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk