Author Topic: IBS ,hemorrhoids, spastic colon  (Read 12501 times)

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
IBS ,hemorrhoids, spastic colon
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:55:37 am »
What would be the ideal food choices (and ratios of protein/carb/fats) for someone with a super tense colon and internal prolapsing hemorrhoids that are always swollen? they are swollen and large b/c toilet time turns into 30 minutes of pushing with fist on left side of stomach to get the bowels to move and never fully empties :-(

should one take most or all fibers out? Or cook veg rather than raw? eat a lot of fat and some protein?
i've read several things from high fiber to no fiber to be a raw vegan to no plant foods only meats and a lot of fat grams to blend all food up like baby food...
so what really works? 
Im thinking raw paleo may have some answers to making the bowel run nicely??? just not sure what form of raw paleo is the best for this condition?
help, please......
please share some knowledge with me.....

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: IBS ,hemorrhoids, spastic colon
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:25:21 am »
Hi Pumpkin,
My irritable bowel became happy on eating raw grass fed animal foods and raw green leafy vegetables - say 50/50 for example.
Surprisingly fiber was not required to provide good bowel movements, and 100% raw animal food was also OK.
I would especially eat a lot of raw kidney and liver since these contain the substances that help with toxin elimination, and I have found them to encourage bowel motions.
Eating fermented raw animal and vegetable foods, including high meat (see high meat topic), will ensure that you have a good range of digestive bacteria (which may have died off from antibiotics or junk food etc).

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:11:21 am »
Thank You Alive! 

i used to eat a lot of raw salads (raw vegan for 10 yrs) but they constipate me and bloat me   -\

But if i eat raw meat, i should have "easy & fast" Bm's?  Would it  be normal to not have a BM but a couple of times a week? 
Does your body fully use the meats so there is no waste matter (but bacteria) to get rid of? 

One more question - i've been vegan most of the last 20 yrs. thinking this would fix my bowels up. I'm a slow learner  -[ 
How do i transition into this life style of no meats and mostly veg. diet to raw meats with a little veg?  I'm a little scared of it messing/shocking my system???

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:49:17 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:31 am »
The more raw meat you eat, the smaller and less frequent your bowel movements will be.  Those who eat only raw meats report bowel movements happening once every alternate day or so, I think. Best to eat "high-meat" as soon as you've gotten used to fresh, raw meats:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:02 am »
i have "eat to live" book so i have the formula for high meat...but im not sure how my stomach would process that.

so you recommend someone who is coming from raw vegan (i did 8/1/1 for a couple of yrs. that destroyed my health) to go straight to a mostly raw meat high fat diet with very little plant matter (like A.V.s book of recipes)? 
what has shown to work best for the digestive system switch up?  gradual transition adding in meats at veg. meals or jump in with both feet to AV's diet of raw animal foods?   

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:26 am »
Look, every one is different, so needs different dietary variations. You might find GS's alternative-health-type method works for you, or Lex Rooker's all-animal-food, no plant-food diet is best or whatever.

That said, given your above complaints, it's probably best to avoid AV's main ideas. That is, don't touch raw dairy, and avoid the raw veggie juice for now.

"High-meat", incidentally is so chock-full of bacteria and is already predigested by the bacteria, so that your body doesn't have to do much to digest it. I found, during experiments where I ate only "high-meat", that very little came out the other end, as it was already predigested.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 08:44:54 am »
Thank you Tyler :-)
you gave me some ideas to work with :-)

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 11:09:59 am »
Mono-eating may be right for you right now. I believe in this way of eating mainly (although I'm not 100% strict on it) and I've noticed much, much better bowel movements since starting. I've had hemorrhoids since very early age due to bad, bad bowel movements for most of my life due to bad, bad diet, and I suspect I have them on the inside too. I've found that in the last few months I've had much less problems! Try and give just eating one type of healthy raw food (be it that a nice serving of meat, or a tummy full of carrots, a belly full of apple) at a time, until you feel you no longer want to eat that food (but of course learn to know your limits!) The idea is to eat either within the same food group at any one time, or what I like to do quite often, just single foods. Really helps you to eat quality food. I regularly down entire big cucumbers for breakfast, or two big bell peppers, etc.

The recent addition of sprouted almonds are giving me a much better consistent quality of bowel movements than I can remember.

My diet is rather high in plant foods, and I seem to do quite well on them digestion wise as opposed to not, so maybe don't rule out the "low" plant foods idea. Today I've eaten a bunch of cabbage, a pound of strawberries, handful of sprouted almonds, and soon I'll have god knows how much watermelon. But I also just ate half a pound of meat with some egg yolk, so I'll be waiting a few hours. Mixing food, now that I mono-eat mainly, has a big impact on me. Makes me feel heavy and sometimes bloated.

I only have one movement per day, and I think that's really all you need as long as each are quality, enjoyable movements. Which mine very much are! :) Toilet time should be a time to look forward to, not a painful experience. I hope my suggestions can help you!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:15:42 am by Barefoot Instincto »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:02 pm »
I find that fatty raw fish seems to digest really well for me, and make my BMs very easy.

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:49:40 am »
thank you guys ;D

the only thing that has moved my bowels in eh past was stimulant laxative/bowel cleanse that had cascara sengrada in it. ever since then they have not worked on there own - lead to hemorrhoids. 

im looking into "God Herbs" from Dr. Morse site.
he has bowel formula's.
most have stimulant cascara sengrada but they say their blend is strengthening and building not dependent forming.
haven't decided if i would try this?? 

By the way, not brave enough to go with high meat (yet).  but everything else im eating is fermented - veggies, liquids, and fermented nuts too.

im going to have to get surgery on the roids and since im not going # 2 well now - Lord knows what will happen after surgery or even getting the rubber band method would worsen constipation in my mind.  how in the world can one have a BM with rubber bands in them, even if they have perfect working bowels! 

most of you probably have no experience with any of this i know.
But i left my shame at the back door and had to put this out there just incase someone else has anything they can share with me....

thanks for reading my crazy story  -\

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 11:55:05 am »
Hi,  I'd wait till you get you system moving before you go into surgery.   So often constipation happens with surgery, bad news for Hemroids.   I suggest you try cassius pods.  Iguana can comment too on their effectiveness.   You can buy them from Sunfoods/david wolfes on line site.   Start with one and find your limit.  suck on one or more till they are clean of the material that surrounds the sharp disc underneath.  Do this first thing in the morning before eating, and then wait at least an hour before eating.  Don't increase the number too quickly for using too many WILL expel  too much too quickly, which is also damaging to colon etc.. 
  They are very cleansing.  You may find that your hemroids are not a problem when you go raw and your body has a chance to heal and cleanse.  That's the way it is for me.   If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  I have used them for years, have some now, but don't find the need to use except for infrequent times.   

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 06:51:15 am »
I'd also suggest trying to focus on deep breathing throughout the day (I've been logging a good 4 hours per day of this). Your diaphram is connected to so many things. Your organs, even the bottom of the spine. It should really start to give your bowels a good moving.

Another would be to blend up single types of vegetables and fruits and eat them that way. I started doing this last night and was able to down an entire head of lettuce in just a cup. Tonight for dinner I'm going to blend up a bunch of tomatoes!

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »
I Won't eat vegetables while I live in colder place. Nature also detect what to eat. In cold winter lettuce, tomatoes...? Come on guys...

My mom's hemorrhoids finishes after ONE APPLICATION of HIGH MEAT.
bugs or country chickens

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 02:36:36 am »
Then in my opinion, you're really missing out, Raw. I believe epigenetics have conditioned us for this type of stuff (not to mention our roots are tied to Africa, and thats what are genes expect) and I find that I do a lot better with it, then without it, in winter or not. Who's to say that tomatoes or lettuce couldn't have been stored for quite awhile in colder temperatures, DUE to the colder temperatures?

Just because we had to go for long periods of pretty much only meat likely quite often, BECAUSE we had to, doesn't mean its the absolute best for us when we have the option to include plant food in our diet (and a decent amount of it, too!).

I personally would never decide to not go without plant foods, even for a few days.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »
Then in my opinion, you're really missing out, Raw. I believe epigenetics have conditioned us for this type of stuff (not to mention our roots are tied to Africa, and thats what our genes expect) and I find that I do a lot better with it, then without it, in winter or not. Who's to say that tomatoes or lettuce couldn't have been stored for quite awhile in colder temperatures, DUE to the colder temperatures?

Just because we had to go for long periods of pretty much only meat likely quite often, BECAUSE we had to, doesn't mean its the absolute best for us when we have the option to include plant food in our diet (and a decent amount of it, too!).

I personally would never decide to not go without plant foods, even for a few days.

Eskimos.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:07:10 am by TylerDurden »

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 01:54:29 am »
Eskimos.

Just because we had to go for long periods of pretty much only meat likely quite often, BECAUSE we had to, doesn't mean its the absolute best for us when we have the option to include plant food in our diet

I didn't say I don't think I can't go without plant foods, I think its simply very unhealthy compared to nature's treasure trove of plants at your doorstep, working properly with a diet that includes a decent amount of animal products.

I've also heard that Eskimo's actually eat a fair bit of plant food, too, because there are different kinds of edible plant foods even way up there. Seems pretty damn logical to me that they would take efficient use of all foods in such an environment.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 01:59:56 am »
I didn't say I don't think I can't go without plant foods, I think its simply very unhealthy compared to nature's treasure trove of plants at your doorstep, working properly with a diet that includes a decent amount of animal products.

I've also heard that Eskimo's actually eat a fair bit of plant food, too, because there are different kinds of edible plant foods even way up there. Seems pretty damn logical to me that they would take efficient use of all foods in such an environment.

Stefansson's year-long experiment. Lex Rooker.  Shall I go on? 

You said "for even 3 or 4 days."  Maybe for some people, even 3 or 4 days is too long for an all-animal-products diet, particularly in a very hot climate.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:07 am »
You can go on, but I won't be convinced.

A year is nothing compared to several full life time's of experimentation. Things may not go wrong for decades on an animal product diet. There's also a difference between living and feeling good, and living and thriving. If you can't live from childhood to old age, with many of those years being of Olympic athlete quality, on an only animal diet then we shouldn't be relying on them almost entirely when that potential can't be reached, especially when we have the option to be partaking in some many healthy substances found within plant foods.

Maybe it can be done on all animal? Maybe a person can achieve amazing results. I've no evidence to say it can, and evidence or not, I personally believe its just really not right and your body knows that and suffers for it. I've very strong evidence to say that a diet that includes plant food all year around produces incredible results in many people and makes them live beyond 100, in a lot of instances very healthy. The thing all these old people do that ties them the most closely to each other? Everyday they eat generous amounts of fresh plant food.

A person on a raw animal diet may simply be experiencing benefits for a very long time because of the elimination of unnatural substances in their diet, making it much more pure. That doesn't mean its anywhere close to optimal given the alternative.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 12:52:09 pm »
You can go on, but I won't be convinced.

A year is nothing compared to several full life time's of experimentation. Things may not go wrong for decades on an animal product diet. There's also a difference between living and feeling good, and living and thriving. If you can't live from childhood to old age, with many of those years being of Olympic athlete quality, on an only animal diet then we shouldn't be relying on them almost entirely when that potential can't be reached, especially when we have the option to be partaking in some many healthy substances found within plant foods.

Maybe it can be done on all animal? Maybe a person can achieve amazing results. I've no evidence to say it can, and evidence or not, I personally believe its just really not right and your body knows that and suffers for it. I've very strong evidence to say that a diet that includes plant food all year around produces incredible results in many people and makes them live beyond 100, in a lot of instances very healthy. The thing all these old people do that ties them the most closely to each other? Everyday they eat generous amounts of fresh plant food.

A person on a raw animal diet may simply be experiencing benefits for a very long time because of the elimination of unnatural substances in their diet, making it much more pure. That doesn't mean its anywhere close to optimal given the alternative.

Oh believe me, I view diets high in meat with great suspicion.  I almost never actually eat meat, less than once a month.  pretty much all my animal protein comes from raw wild ocean fish and shellfish.  I also eat around a pound or more of fruit a day, mainly avocados and bananas, and honey as well.

GCB's wife died from cancer while eating lots of raw meat, and many Tibetans in India have gotten very ill eating their meat-heavy diets in that hot climate, after being evicted from Tibet.  I personally feel that climate/season/temperature should be a big guide in terms of how much meat to eat. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »
Well, the above claims re too much meat are somewhat unlikely  given Lex's experiences among many, many others.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »
Well, the above claims re too much meat are somewhat unlikely  given Lex's experiences among many, many others.

I personally think Lex is on a long, long pendulum swing right now.  I went through a couple of years after my fruitarian days where I basically couldn't eat fruit at all.  Fruit would cause emotional agitation, panic attacks, anger, etc..  That becomes less true over time.

My guess is that Lex would be able to tolerate carbs much better if he had been doing raw paleo for the last 30 years or more, for instance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk