Author Topic: How to get started eating raw paleo  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
How to get started eating raw paleo
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »
Hi, Im a 19 year old canadian girl. I was in a car accident, suffered a severe traumatic brain injury, and have been struggling with my health ever since. I was very quick to turn away from modern medicine after they had failed me numerous times throughout my recovery. I have been trying to work towards a raw meat diet ever since I obsessively read about the concept almost a year ago. My boyfriend and I are both doing poorly health wise, and are both very interested in getting started. We just cant figure out how. Where do I get the meat? What are the actual real risks? How do I avoid them? Please someone help, Im desperate!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: How to get started eating raw paleo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:05:29 pm »
Welcome.

Try to find meat of wild animals, if possible directly from hunters. Mature it hung in a fridge at least a week and up to 2 months for a better palatability. You can accelerate this maturation by placing it in the air flow behind a fan. You  should be able to buy wild caught fresh ocean fish about anywhere. Live shellfish also. Fruits, vegetables and unshelled raw nuts are available everywhere as well: prefer overripe, not good looking fruits. Those can be very cheap or even free. Suppress all processing, mixing, spicing.

Tell yourself and the others you're doing a limited duration experiment for about a week or two and do it properly, 100% raw. After this period you'll be able to either abandon this experiment or re-conduct it for a somewhat longer duration, and so on. 

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:26 pm »
Everyone's version of raw paleo is different.

But some general things you want are grass fed meats. For example grass fed beef, lamb, buffalo, goat, etc. Wild animals are good too. Wild caught fish is the best type of fish.

Parasites in grass fed meats is almost nonexistent, so no need to do any special preps. I freeze wild caught fish for 2 weeks before eating it to kill parasites.

For food safety, check out http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »
Instinctos usually avoid freezing because our early experiments repeatedly showed it can cause some troubles (generally minor, but troubles anyway) and negatively affects the taste and consistence of food. Parasites have never been a problem during more than 40 years (26 years for myself) of 100% raw nutrition including ocean fish and meat of animals living in a not too polluted environment. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:19:40 pm »
Have a look at the first posts of all these threads:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

The above threads should contain all you need to know as to where to get high quality raw foods, what foods are better than others etc.

Once you've gotten used to fresh, raw meats, you might find this useful, but only then, not before:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk