Author Topic: Marinated Mushrooms with Raw Steak  (Read 4550 times)

Offline Suoaei

• Forager
    • View Profile
Marinated Mushrooms with Raw Steak
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:16 pm »
Right now this is one of my favorite dishes!
Start the mushrooms ahead of time; the prep is very simple, but it takes an hour or two to work. First slice up some mushrooms and put them in a jar. Add enough  apple cider vinegar to coat all the mushrooms when you stir them. Also throw in a splash of olive oil (or whatever oil you use).
Add your preferred flavors: today I used sliced onion and garlic, and fresh thyme. Everything goes in the jar together; make sure all the mushrooms get wet with vinegar, and then leave it for an hour or two. The mushrooms will absorb the flavors of everything in the jar, and they will shrink and put out water just like when you cook them! Delicious.
I like this served with fresh raw steak. It's also good for disguising the flavor of stinky raw meat that's been in the kitchen for a while!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Marinated Mushrooms with Raw Steak
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:18 pm »
It sounds very tasty.  I would use less vinegar and more oil for the marinade, but it sounds good and tasty.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:57 pm »
mmm...  this sounds good...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:13:34 am »
I'm going to have to try that with my shiitakes once I'm done freezing them for another week as a precaution to kill off any would be parasites.

How about adding them to some raw liver and onions? Maybe I will try that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk