Author Topic: How to eat raw steak?  (Read 26289 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to eat raw steak?
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »
centrifuged is not raw in my opinion. I will make a seperate thread for this.

i also dont understand why you would centrifuge it instead of just eating it the way it came.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 12:19:23 am »
anyway, back to the freezing.

probly the biggest indication of its harm is that the parasites are killed by it which everyone knows.

the article I posted also states how freezing seperates the water in foods from everything else such as the water being seperated from the protien which inhibits its ability to be absorbed.

we should all know by now that one of the main benefits of raw food is that it is mostly water and all of the nutrients in the foods we are bound with water wich is one of the things which greatly aids in digestion.

to take away this aspect of raw foods (all nutrients being bound to water) is to greatly reduce the benefits of raw foods.

had the article been written from a raw food perspective they would have mentioned this but since it is from a processed cooked food perspective, this becomes irrelevant since cooking takes away moisture from the food anyway.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:26:34 am by trollofthedungeon »
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 12:33:01 am »
cherimoya_kid, you and others, notably tyler durden are so obviously trolls that I must consider that saving you from your folly is impossible.

We already have a William thread in the Moderator forum.  We've all ALREADY agreed that banning you is acceptable.  The next step is simply to ban you.  I've got nothing against you, personally.  However, we can't have one set of rules for you, and another for everyone else.  Other people who troll for cooking here get warned and banned.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 12:38:10 am »
http://www.pfionline.com/index.php/columns/cold-chain/86-physical-and-biochemical-changes-during-freezing-and-frozen-storage

This particular article is totally bogus.

Under Biological and Chemical Changes section it does not say anything about chemical changes.  NOTHING AT ALL.  It only talks about biological changes of micro flora which does not apply to meat.  Meat is sterile.  It only gets contaminated with micro flora if it gets in contacts with other surfaces such as butchering table or unclean knife.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:04 am »
We already have a William thread in the Moderator forum.  We've all ALREADY agreed that banning you is acceptable.  The next step is simply to ban you.  I've got nothing against you, personally.  However, we can't have one set of rules for you, and another for everyone else.  Other people who troll for cooking here get warned and banned.
Exactly. Next time, banning is permanent.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:43 am »
This particular article is totally bogus.

Under Biological and Chemical Changes section it does not say anything about chemical changes.  NOTHING AT ALL.  It only talks about biological changes of micro flora which does not apply to meat.  Meat is sterile.  It only gets contaminated with micro flora if it gets in contacts with other surfaces such as butchering table or unclean knife.

first of all, exactly which part of the article is bogus?

and my understNding is that nothing is sterile except what has been sterilized.

either way, my focus in this article was not that part but rather what I talk about in my last post, i.e. the seperation of water during freezing as well as death of parasites.

-----------

William

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 04:07:31 am »

Plonk.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 06:33:52 am »
William, just let go of the rendering part.  I appreciate you here for you are a living experiment for us all when it comes to low or zero carb,  don't let yourself get banned, just let go of the rendering part.  You have good stuff to offer.  Van

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 09:14:44 am »
William, just let go of the rendering part.  I appreciate you here for you are a living experiment for us all when it comes to low or zero carb,  don't let yourself get banned, just let go of the rendering part.  You have good stuff to offer. 

You said it.  This is exactly what I think.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 09:28:27 am »
From William's point of view, rendering worked for him.
But William, please do not claim rendering is raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2013, 10:27:42 am »
From William's point of view, rendering worked for him.

Yes, and he MAY be the one in 1000 people that that's worked for.  However, the VAST majority of people will do better with unheated fat, and that's just a fact.  I wish he'd recognize that.  William, I wish you'd recognize that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:44:18 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2013, 11:38:37 pm »
I dont understand what possible benefit you can get from turning suet into tallow.

why did he claim we should render our fats?
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 11:56:03 pm »
I dont understand what possible benefit you can get from turning suet into tallow.

he claims he can't digest the connective tissue in suet, but can digest the tallow.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:54 am »
As to making pemmican a healing tool, then that is good news since many people are raw phobic until they die.   
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 01:13:30 am »
first of all, exactly which part of the article is bogus?

Most of it.  Baseless claims with no references - cannot be peer reviewed.  Any serious article must reference pubmeds or similar.  Otherwise it is as good as he said/she said.

and my understNding is that nothing is sterile except what has been sterilized.

I meant flesh is free of foreign objects such as bacteria, fungus, other non native organic and inorganic matter.  When flesh gets into contact with surface (any) it gets contaminated with bacteria, fungus spores, etc.

Viruses on the other hand are native objects of the flesh.

I also never heard of beneficial parasites.  My understanding is parasites are non symbiotic with humans.  Again, I have not seen any serious paper suggesting otherwise.
And since when a tapeworm is a desired companion?  Tyler and GS surely did not appreciate it.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2013, 01:14:58 am »

Tallow can last much longer with no need to refrigerate.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2013, 02:07:08 am »
Tallow can last much longer with no need to refrigerate.
I have had several pieces of dried raw suet which never decayed at all, even after many weeks. All that happened was that they got a bluish-greenish tinge on the surface(mold/fungus?), that was it.

Re beneficial parasites:- You really need to study the hygiene hypothesis which has many studies linked to it which show that parasites definitely do have many benefits as regards human health. And from what I've read, we are all saturated with beneficial parasites, called "flukes " etc.,  it's just that scientists prefer to call them "symbionts" instead.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:37 am »
Most of it.  Baseless claims with no references - cannot be peer reviewed.  Any serious article must reference pubmeds or similar.  Otherwise it is as good as he said/she said.

I meant flesh is free of foreign objects such as bacteria, fungus, other non native organic and inorganic matter.  When flesh gets into contact with surface (any) it gets contaminated with bacteria, fungus spores, etc.

Viruses on the other hand are native objects of the flesh.

I also never heard of beneficial parasites.  My understanding is parasites are non symbiotic with humans.  Again, I have not seen any serious paper suggesting otherwise.
And since when a tapeworm is a desired companion?  Tyler and GS surely did not appreciate it.

like I said, please pick any part of the article which you think is bogus and explain why. Saying most of it does not count.

also things like pubmed mean nothing to me since they are full of lies.

either way, my focus in this article was not that part but rather  the seperation of water during freezing as well as death of parasites.
-----------

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2013, 02:21:29 am »
And from what I've read, we are all saturated with beneficial parasites, called "flukes " etc.,  it's just that scientists prefer to call them "symbionts" instead.

That's possible, I'm not denying things I don't know.  But I think everyone would agree that tapeworms and roundworms are not the symbiotic kind.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2013, 02:21:55 am »
also please use google to see how many people have used tapeworms medicinally.
-----------

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2013, 02:34:41 am »
either way, my focus in this article was not that part but rather  the seperation of water during freezing as well as death of parasites.

Again, this article does not say water separation degrades nutrients in any way.  I do not see any problems with water separation.

also please use google to see how many people have used tapeworms medicinally.
Haha, and how many people are using quackery and calling it medicine?
Google is just a collection of he said/she said.
If information cannot be peer reviewed or does not have reputable references then it is as good as quackery.

For examples, there are pubmed that scientifically show cooked animal food is not as good as raw.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2013, 02:50:40 am »
ys you're just wasting your time.. troll has his own ideas and interpretations of the world and there's no way anyone could ever prove to him different.

Water separation btw: aging meat also gets most water out of the meat -> aged meat is also very unhealthy just like frozen?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:03:24 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2013, 03:10:51 am »
Again, this article does not say water separation degrades nutrients in any way.  I do not see any problems with water separation.
Haha, and how many people are using quackery and calling it medicine?
Google is just a collection of he said/she said.
If information cannot be peer reviewed or does not have reputable references then it is as good as quackery.

For examples, there are pubmed that scientifically show cooked animal food is not as good as raw.

like i asid before, I think for myself rather than just take what an article says as my own opinion. In this case it says that water seperates from everything else during freezing. I was able to conlude that this is detrimental because of my knowledge of the fact that one of the things that make raw foods so easy to digest is that all of the nutrients are bound to water. One of the reasons cooked food is so bad is because the moisture is removed.

We must retain the structure of the water in our foods and their being bound to nutrient. Take that aspect away and it is no longer raw.

and once again you did not point out any specific part of the article you disagree with.

also, this means nothing to me because I dont care about studies but if you could post me those studies on pubmed about cooked vs raw meat I would appreciate it for uses of helping people who still believe in "science"
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:07 am »
ys you're just wasting your time.. troll has his own ideas and interpretations of the world and there's no way anyone could ever prove to him different.

Water separation btw: aging meat also gets most water out of the meat -> aged meat is also very unhealthy just like frozen?

i thought you agreed to stop trolling me.

aged meat only loses up 20 percent moisture from drying. You also get the added benefit of increased microbial and enzyme activity which are both decreased in freezing. THis is not the same thing at all as all of the water in a particular piece of meat seperating from the nutrients which is much more harmful.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk