Author Topic: What IS the cause of Eczema? or is it a combination?  (Read 14655 times)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
What IS the cause of Eczema? or is it a combination?
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:58 pm »
I am searching endlessly for a cure for eczema..following mostly GS's advice on it right now..

But I am just so unsure, because I was essentially BORN with it (got it like when i was 2 or 3, along with asthma)

now i really am raising this topic, in hope of those who've solved their problems to give me a clue, answer, or even something to read at..

Im so lost, and I don't know where to go now.

Symptoms along:
Eczema
Low energy
Low sex drive
Erectile dysfunction (no morning wood, can't get hard by my own)
Hair loss (receding hairline)
Brain fog in the morning

I really don't understand how can eczema be so complex..there's literally like 500 sites saying 10000 different reasons for it

Im on a raw paleo diet already, drinking water kefir to balance good bacteria, exercising regularly
what is missing..?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What IS the cause of Eczema? or is it a combination?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:02:29 pm »
My 2 nephews get eczema when their breastfeeding mother eats wheat or msg.

Their mom is now fully aware.

Leaky gut is a big contributor.

How old are you?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:08:02 pm »
hey GS thanks for reply
im 19 right now turning 20 soon
but i've had it since i was a kid, gone and came back when i was 15
asthma completely gone on cooked paleo, but now eczema is still here
i don't understand this ..

I've had great info from your site, but im very much confused as to the determining factor..

thanks for putting in your precious time in helping me out in the journal as well, really appreciate it

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »
Have you ever done any fasting?

If your eczema gets better on  a 3 day diluted orange juice fast, then leaky gut is a prime suspect.

Some people get rid of their leaky gut with bone broths.  Some get rid of leaky gut with long fasts. Some get rid of leaky gut with high meat probiotics in primal diet.  Some with raw milk fasts.

Your symptoms sound like candida.  My brother at the height of his psoriasis did 4 vco detoxes 3 days each time to get rid of his candida and commercial ice cream addiction.

It is nice to know you have improved your health by solving your asthma.  A congratulations is in order.

How long have you been raw?

What is your raw daily diet like?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »
How long have you been on a raw paleo diet? And what does your diet look like?

In my opinion, if you want to get rid of eczema, you should go low carb. That means eating mainly animal fat and (organ) meat and fish. Cut out eggs. The only fruit I would recommend are berries, and avocados if you like them.

Another huge factor is sunlight. Get as much sun exposure as possible when it is available. My eczema would sometimes miraculously disappear in summer, only to return again in the winter. Which brings me to my next point: (central) heating. I find that the use of central heating in the winter dries out the air, which dries out your skin. An air humidifier really helps with this.

I assume you've already ditched the soap, shampoo, deodorant and all the other usual shite that the average person uses. If not, do it now. There shouldnt be any need to shower so much, unless you are working in a mine or something.

Replace tap water with spring water (avoid plastic bottles).

If you smoke and/or drink, give it up.

Perhaps cod liver oil would be useful to boost your omega 3 levels.

Also, if you are using any medication from a doctor for your eczema, I would seriously consider stopping the use of it, because most (if not all) make the situation worse.

I used to have eczema all over my body, but now it's pretty much all gone. But if you have a bad case of eczema you should not expect it to go away over night; it took me about 2 years to get rid of mine, but having said that, it took me a while to figure out that low carb was key, as well as the importance of a humidifier in winter.

I also had asthma by the way. That disappeared very quickly after beginning a raw paleo diet; havn't used an inhaler in almost 3 years now.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:53 pm »
no i haven't done long fastings yet, maybe i should start doing those
i did try a half day fast from waking up till afternoon (vco detox)
and it gave me some crazy diarrhea with white cloud

I've been raw since jan 05, about 75% to 95%? only cuz i still find it hard to withstand from time to time when im freezing cold to not eat hot food

raw diet mainly consists of ground beef, some cheaper cuts of steak (chateau briand), liver

For some reason marrow bones are hard to deal with as the fat is all solid and i find it rather hard to adapt to the taste
but ordering tmr for more cuts of fatty beef, maybe that'll help

Im using water kefir already to try and combat candida, cuz fasting is only realistic on days that i have no classes

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:56 pm »
How long have you been on a raw paleo diet? And what does your diet look like?

In my opinion, if you want to get rid of eczema, you should go low carb.

Another huge factor is sunlight.

I assume you've already ditched the soap, shampoo, deodorant and all the other usual shite that the average person uses.
Replace tap water with spring water (avoid plastic bottles).

If you smoke and/or drink, give it up.

Perhaps cod liver oil would be useful to boost your omega 3 levels.

Also, if you are using any medication from a doctor for your eczema, I would seriously consider stopping the use of it, because most (if not all) make the situation worse.

Now that it's winter it's so hard to get sunlight expose on skin, especially given my hands and feet are cold as hell
im pretty much doing all the things you said, i cut out alcohol, soap and stuff, only do my laundry with soap + detergent booster, until i find something better

low carb since long time ago on cooked paleo, now on RPD since jan 05..
maybe i'll buy some cod liver oil too..

bottled spring water sounds a bit hard to do..but i'll try to put that on the list
i do drink spring water from plastic bottle, made into water kefir..
but i've yet to find fair priced glass bottled spring water...at least not for a student

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »
I use soap nuts for laundry.

What made you decide to use water kefir to combat candida? If the sugar is not all used up during fermentation then I would think it would make the situation worse.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »
Upon reading some sources, more or less all of them recommend probiotics as balancing strategy with the candida in the gut, supposedly to help leaky guts

among them water kefir is one of the easier to make ones, and also tastier so i tried

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:33:26 pm »
Upon reading some sources, more or less all of them recommend probiotics as balancing strategy with the candida in the gut, supposedly to help leaky guts

among them water kefir is one of the easier to make ones, and also tastier so i tried

As far as I know, the best thing for candida and leaky gut is eating foods that are absorbed in the upper digestive tract. Complex carbs, and undigested carbs go through the digestive tract and feed candida, other bad bacteria, and cause leaky gut.

Trying just SCD legal carbs (raw ones), raw animal foods, and fermented foods would be the best bet for leaky gut I think.

http://pecanbread.com/p/how/candelimdiet.html

"The most troublesome "candida trigger foods" are grains and starchy vegetables, which are eliminated while on SCD. "

http://www.livestrong.com/article/132990-specific-carbohydrate-diet-leaky-gut-syndrome/

"The main purpose of the specific carbohydrate diet is to restrict energy from intestinal microbes that live inside the body and cause health problems. At the same time, the diet focuses on maintaining the health of the body's digestive enzymes. This is done not by limiting all carbohydrates, but by eating only certain carbohydrates and avoiding others."

Basically, when you eat a raw version of SCD. You absorb pretty much everything from the foods you eat, except fiber and cellulose.

If you want to resolve your leaky gut and candida symptoms, consider a month trial period of eating 100% raw and SCD legal.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »
Just had dinner with my 72 year old mother in law.
She said her past eczema was due to 15 teeth filled with amalgams / mercury fillings.
When the biological dentist removed those, she was able to heal with various detox protocols.
She does vco detoxes and does master cleanses.
She's not on raw paleo diet.
She's more on paleo diet plus rice... but not so well disciplined outside of the home.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 10:09:49 pm »
I would try some vitamin D supplements, especially the Now brand.  This has really helped my eczema-like skin problems.  If you go high-fat/low-carb, this increases the effectiveness of the vitamin D.

Also, don't use soap or hot water on your skin, and don't bathe every day.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:06:20 pm »
thanks for the input guys
currently going to try the candida protocol first then, taking it step by step
going all raw again (not today cuz lack of food) starting tmr when my meat arrives
sad thing these meat are all frozed up and i have yet to have resources to be able to buy fresh meat + fish everyday

Offline yeetingt

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 09:40:35 am »
I am searching endlessly for a cure for eczema..following mostly GS's advice on it right now..

But I am just so unsure, because I was essentially BORN with it (got it like when i was 2 or 3, along with asthma)

now i really am raising this topic, in hope of those who've solved their problems to give me a clue, answer, or even something to read at..

Im so lost, and I don't know where to go now.

Symptoms along:
Eczema
Low energy
Low sex drive
Erectile dysfunction (no morning wood, can't get hard by my own)
Hair loss (receding hairline)
Brain fog in the morning

I really don't understand how can eczema be so complex..there's literally like 500 sites saying 10000 different reasons for it

Im on a raw paleo diet already, drinking water kefir to balance good bacteria, exercising regularly
what is missing..?
Have you tried Oil Pulling therapy? It is said to cure Eczema too.

You just take 1 tablespoon of Sunflower or Sesame oil (these are the only recommended oils) first thing in the morning on empty stomach for 15-20 minutes.

Swish the oil in your mouth as you would with a mouthwash and make sure you don't swallow.  Your saliva will mix with the oil and is said to release out enzymes that pulls out toxins and pathogens entering the blood stream through the root canal.

When you are done you spit it out and the oil will turn milky and thin. This means that it has been contaminated with toxins and many microbes. For more information, I read about this two years ago on this website www.oilpulling.org

Good luck. ;)
Ted   

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:58:11 am »
so far I think my cause is really candida, due to symptom reliefs after a day of VCO detox
I will definitely read more about Oil Pulling then, thanks Ted

Just an update:
Slowly narrowing my cause to Candida, And find more and more improvement if i follow a clean diet
I don't know about other people, but VCO seems to work fine for me now
not too much irritation, but it just gives me diarrhea (not immediete though so I dont think its a bad reaction per say)
Feces has bubble-ly white cloud in it, not just once but several time

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 06:14:11 am »
My brother in 2007 of his deathly psoriasis did 4 x 3 day vco detoxes.

Those white stuff seem to be the candida / yeast.

How many days of vco detox you are able to do?

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 06:18:37 am »
Im only able to do 1.5 this time, Often at times when I need food to function (such as sports)
I'll try to make it a longer and weekly cleanse, let my body rest

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:37 pm »
Eczema is a form of self injurious behavior to relieve stress (the scratching act).

It's the same as self mutilation. You get a rush of endorphins by scratching through the skin. There is zero pain during the act even though it should be painful.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 12:19:08 am »
Wod you either have a strange sense of humor or are out of your mind.  Sure it may be auto immune, implying that he body is attacking itself, this self injurious.  But I believe most of the injurious patterns we inherit from a few generations back, be it through degradation of health through food source, environment or lifestyle.  So we come into this world already somewhat broken and are further taught ways to mistreat ourselfs because our parent  and their parents couldn't recognize the source of their pain was their own actions and therefor couldn't change and couldn't heal.  We are the sensitive souls who have chosen to recognize this pattern and change instead if suffer.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:38 pm »
It's theory of mine, makes sense to me, so yes could be crazy.

It does relieve stress and feels really good (at the time). Except the next day.

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 09:41:58 pm »
Hey Jessica,

I  never considered auto immune disease as self injurious but you are right, it's the body attacking itself. I was thinking of someone who's personality changed the same time as they were diagnosed with diabetes 1 and a gent who had survived sexual abuse in the military but was now covered in psoriasis (looked very painful).

Psoriasis, eczema, diabetes and asthma are more likely to be diagnosed in those who self harm.

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk