Author Topic: fat/oil promotes aging?  (Read 22429 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: fat/oil promotes aging?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 09:18:12 pm »
The point was that eating  fructose leads to more formation of AGEs in the blood even if the actual food itself does not contain much in the way of AGEs. So omnivores are more immune as they eat less fructose.

This makes a lot of sense, after reading about how proteins and fructose bind to each other.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:59:30 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »
Tyler and CK, Thanks for responding.

Yes I got the point about eating fructose. But my question remains: What kinds of carbs do the omnivores eat that are better than fruits/vegetables?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 12:54:14 pm »
I would look at starchy raw root crops as staples.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »
Tyler and CK, Thanks for responding.

Yes I got the point about eating fructose. But my question remains: What kinds of carbs do the omnivores eat that are better than fruits/vegetables?
   I don't think raw fruits and raw vegetables are "bad" per se, I just don't think they should be consumed in large quantities without any raw animal foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 11:58:53 pm »
joy why does there have to be a source of carbs that is better?  why cant the answer be that the lack of carbs is better.  its such an american idea that there always has to be a better option of something that doesnt really work, like chemically laden low fat this and carb free that food subsitutes.  sometimes to heal and for health we have to take an element away from the equation.

William

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 09:02:24 am »

My guess is that these items have high AGEs because they contain a large amount of fat/oil.

Advanced Glycation End products refer to glucose+protein , and what happens to it. There is no source of that nasty stuff in any fat  or its component EFAs that I know of.

So when I saw in the list that butter, which has no glucose or anything else to glycate is high in AGEs, I assumed that this is junk science.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:40 am »
   I don't think raw fruits and raw vegetables are "bad" per se, I just don't think they should be consumed in large quantities without any raw animal foods.

AGE = protein + glucose

Animal foods have much protein.  So, animal foods + fruit/vegi = protein + glucose = AGE

Raw fruit and raw greens or other low-calorie vegi contain little protein. So how come raw fruit/vegi consumed without animal foods could result in a large amount of AGEs?

joy why does there have to be a source of carbs that is better?  why cant the answer be that the lack of carbs is better.  its such an american idea that there always has to be a better option of something that doesnt really work, like chemically laden low fat this and carb free that food subsitutes.  sometimes to heal and for health we have to take an element away from the equation.

Jessica, the problem is that I feel I aged at an unusual rate this past year when I mostly consumed low-carb raw animal foods. The first four months I ate high-fat and was in ketosis. (Granted, I ate much raw cheese which might be a big mistake.)  The second half of the year I ate more protein, without any dairy. Neither appeared to bring obvious health benefits.
Maybe some people such as I  just need fruit/vegi.

Advanced Glycation End products refer to glucose+protein , and what happens to it. There is no source of that nasty stuff in any fat  or its component EFAs that I know of.

So when I saw in the list that butter, which has no glucose or anything else to glycate is high in AGEs, I assumed that this is junk science.

Interesting idea. Will any science mind respond to this?

I would look at starchy raw root crops as staples.
Now I recall RPD allows raw root crops.
BTW, what is the reason that raw root crops are considered good for health?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 12:41:31 pm »

Jessica, the problem is that I feel I aged at an unusual rate this past year when I mostly consumed low-carb raw animal foods. The first four months I ate high-fat and was in ketosis. (Granted, I ate much raw cheese which might be a big mistake.)  The second half of the year I ate more protein, without any dairy. Neither appeared to bring obvious health benefits.
Maybe some people such as I  just need fruit/vegi.

Interesting idea. Will any science mind respond to this?

The measurements of AGEs are not theoretical, unlike nearly everything William has ever said here.  They are simply lab-based measurements, done under strict conditions.  If you doubt the science, then read up on the process of testing specific foods for AGEs. It's solid.

I imagine the cheese did not help.  I'm also concerned that you may have been overeating protein. Can you remember the amounts of all foods you were eating, on average, for the last 6 months or so?.  If you can, then it's fairly simple to calculate protein as a percentage of total calories.  You don't want to go over 30% of protein as total calories.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 01:32:43 pm »
Thanks, CK.
Does overeating protein age people?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 03:50:56 pm »
william, as usual, is spouting lies. Cooked fats do indeed contain advanced glycation end products, indeed cooked animal fats contain  higher levels of such toxins far more than any other foods. Even worse, they also contain ALEs(advanced lipoxidation end products) which are the result of cooking rapidly oxidising the fats in a harmful way.

william, incidentally, I'm getting sick of this  constant nonsense of yours. One more such outright lie and you get banned permanently.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »
Thanks, CK.

It's going to differ from person to person. Some people seem to be able to tolerate a higher amount of protein without problems, like TylerDurden.  However, it can easily cause problems for many people if you go below 20% or above 30% of total calories. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 11:01:11 am by cherimoya_kid »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 11:26:20 pm »
to me it seems fat would do the oppisite, and promote youth.  if you think about what protects your skin, its fats, sebum, keratenoids, they keep the skin moist, hydrophilic so it doesnt absorb the outer world and loose its tenacity, protect your heart, liver, kidneys, make up your brain, and also collagen, which i dont know are they fat, are they amino acids? that keep the body supple and along with amino acids keep the body flexible and muscular and with the addiction of minerals make up our structure.  the best source for all of this is raw animal meats and fats, hands down, because in the most basic sense we are raw animal meats and fats, its basic building blocks the body can easily assimilate.  if only we had access to blood i and amazingly nutrient dense soil we wouldnt really need any mineral supplimentation, as minerals make up our structure so the sea providith weeds to help us remineralize.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 01:11:55 am »
Of course, overeating of anything is detrimental.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:12 am »
Thanks to all who responded. Thanks for helping me ponder upon  these questions and find answers.

William's argument raises my question: Why does pure fat or high-fat food (even in the raw state) contain so much AGE?

Butter (23340 KU per 100grams)
Raw cashews (2723)
avocado (1577)
Raw pumpkin seeds (1853)
Raw sunflower seeds (2510)
Mayonnaise (9400)
Extra virgin olive oil (10040)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 05:47:39 am »
i doubt that the butter is from raw milk.

olive oil is highly processed, i wonder how fresh olives would score?

also avocados are a ripe fruit, i think the ripeing process has something to do with it
and also cashews and sunflower seeds are generally steamed open and probably rancid by the time they are tested. 

the mayonaise, if its anything like the chemically laden shit they sell at the regular grocery store, shouldnt even be considered a food source.

critical thinking.......its a thing.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 06:42:38 am »
 As jessica said, the butter is not raw and is highly likely to have come from a cow fed on grains, so would inevitably have lots of AGEs in it.

Cashew nuts are routinely preheated. It wouldn't surprise me if raw pumpkin seeds were, too. Plus, seeds contain antinutrients, enzyme inhibitors etc., so might well have AGEs in them already.

I suspect that raw fat from wild sources has negligible amounts of AGEs in it.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:26 am »
If AGE is the product of protein plus glucose, why would fat have any AGE, whether rancid or not?

Also will someone answer my previous question regarding the article cited by Tyler:

"AGE = protein + glucose

Animal foods have much protein.  So, animal foods + fruit/vegi = protein + glucose = AGE

Raw fruit and raw greens or other low-calorie vegi contain little protein. So how come raw fruit/vegi consumed without animal foods could result in a large amount of AGEs  (larger than omnivores' diet)?"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:11:55 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 07:22:06 am »
It's perhaps a simplification that AGEs  only equals protein plus glucose. There are also ALEs(advanced lipoxidation end products) which are also considered to be a type of AGEs - in this instance, though, it's just toxic oxidised fats, no protein or glucose involved.

As explained by Eades previously, the point re vegetarians is that while they eat foods that are low in AGEs, the end result is that they end up with getting higher amounts of AGEs in the body. After all, the human body contains lots of protein and also lots of glucose in the form of blood. So, the  usually higher levels of blood-sugar in the blood of vegetarians would encourage more AGEs being produced in the body.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 08:10:56 am »
Thanks, Tyler.

And thanks, Jessica and all others who contributed answers to my questions.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
Something to consider too.. Getting high EMF exposure dries out your cells and makes you age faster... I can recognize it when I have been spending too much time in front of my laptop = the reason why I have switched to old fashioned computer, all wired, with little EMF radiation. I have a meter and I was shocked how bad  my laptop was.

So if you are spending much time in front of the screen.. or otherwise spend much time in a high EMF environment, your skin will age faster. Check, wifi, Iphone, smart meters.. towers.. etc..
The amount of EMFs is increasing every year... we need to take care our home and work places have as little as possible. Of course we cannot escape it 100% as it is everywhere today, but we can do a lot still to minimize and protect us.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 09:23:41 pm »
I have a meter and I was shocked how bad  my laptop was.

Which EMF meter do you use? Could you recommend any brand?

Löwenherz

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »
Inger, thank you for the tip. I will stay away from my laptop computer as much as possible.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 04:15:30 pm »
Which EMF meter do you use? Could you recommend any brand?

Löwenherz

I can only tell that the meter I have works quite well! It is a Trifield 100x meter and measures magnetic, electric and radio wave radiation.
It cost me (us, we share it with my parents) around 200 € but you can get them for 120 $ in the USA, eBay has a lot of them, they just do not ship here. I got mine from the UK.

It does not measure very effectively radiowaves but it does it hold very close. The meters that are effective for that are way more expensive me thinks. There are a lot of different meters out there and many that cost way more but this is great as a starter!

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »
Inger, what about "old-fashioned" home telephones and CD players? What about cordless home telephones? Do they have high EFM?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 03:38:46 pm »
Inger, what about "old-fashioned" home telephones and CD players? What about cordless home telephones? Do they have high EFM?

Old fashioned wired home telephones are quite okay. CD player is bad, also using headphones.. I stopped using those too. Cordless home telephones are really bad and I immediately throw away the one I had given my parents last year.. with my parents agreement for sure. I would never use those they radiate very strong. Also "baby watchers" are very bad, never ever use those.
LED lamps are very bad too. If I use any lamps today they are only old fashioned low watt bulbs.
Dimmers are really bad too...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk