Author Topic: A warning re honey in the USA  (Read 3082 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: A warning re honey in the USA
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:33 am »
"Chinese honey was arriving in the US disguised as other sweetening products,"

Apparently it's not so much a warning about US honey, as about US sweeteners that are called something else (presumably "sugar" or "natural sweetener" or something?) and are really underpriced honey that the Chinese are dumping on the US market, so as to destroy competitors so that they can later raise prices once they have a sweetener monopoly. I doubt many of us are eating much in the way of processed products that contain added sweeteners, but it is interesting info.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk