Author Topic: What is your job / area of knowledge ?  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
What is your job / area of knowledge ?
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:21:16 am »
It would be nice to know each other job. It could also guide us to the knowledgeable person if we need some info or help on a particular matter. It’s not necessarily a job, someone may be competent in an area without it being his or her job.

For example, we know that GS is a computer engineer, so if we have a question or a problem about a computer, we can ask him.

To start with myself, I’ve an oenologist diploma, but I’m totally incompetent in that field since I never practiced and forgot almost everything I had learned. The wine making techniques have also probably evolved since I obtained my diploma in 1966.

The same year, I’ve got my heavy trucks driving license and I spent a major part of my live driving all kinds of trucks in Switzerland, in Europe between Portugal to Finland and Ukraine, from England to Iraq, Kuwait, Iran and Saudi Arabia. I mostly drove for companies, either as an employee or on my own (billing for my hours of service), but also had my own trucks (one at the time) from 1974 to 1977.

Stopped that job in 2002 and since then I work at home as an automotive technical writer. I don’t know anything about electronics, being particularly specialized in engine and transmission technology. Still there are a lot of things in these topics that I’m ignorant about.

François
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:45:14 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
Re: What is your job / area of knowledge ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:42:00 am »
I am a software (SmartPhone, Web Applications) and website developer, and I spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time sitting down, unfortunately!

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 04:31:18 am »
I earned a PhD studying energy systems, and now teach classes at the nexus of energy systems and food systems. I also do consulting work in food and agricultural systems, and occasionally in biofuel development.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:46:35 am »
the last three years i have been working as an organic farmer during the season, and hustling by doing permaculture/farming consulting or working at health food stores over winter.  the start of the farming season is SOON! i cant wait! 

previous to that i worked for organic health food stores for 8 years, studied microbiology and psychology at university and really got into ethnobotany and plant identification.  i spent the majority of my free time studying the diverse landscape of the mountains i grew up in, observing patterns, climatology, and biology.   ive studied and participated in all different forms and scales of agriculture and permaculture and am most interested in the relationship between humans, other creatures and our environment.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:28:13 am »
Pretty much most of my professional life has been about designing artificial legs,,  not only the ones worn by Oscar Pistorius, but everyday legs that you can still be active on.  I now have my own foundation, Second Wind, that I'm about ready to launch two prosthetic products (high tech legs and socket interface comfort material ) for developing world amputees (mostly being land mine victims).  I do some theatre and improv work, but of course on a local non paying level. 

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »
I'm doing computer science, at the moment both researcher in a university and leading R&D in a company.
So I could probably help people around computer-related stuff as well.

Some years ago (during high school) I was loading and unloading heavy stuff into trucks (without using machines). Very hard work but it'll make you seriously strong :) Computers and sitting on the other hand..

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 01:07:59 am »
I own and run my own company www.filipinowebservices.com : website development, maintenance, backups, email providing, dedicated server providing, internet marketing, SEO and reputation management.  We are subcontracted and paid on a monthly basis by several local companies.  I'm a linux network administrator.  I used to program accounting software using dbase / clipper.

I've been itching to find the time to write ebooks on my healing experiences and opinions and healing protocols and the works of my healer friends.
I do some charity healing for family and friends.  Saved a good number of them enough to write it in my business card: "healer" and my website www.curemanual.com

I mix my pro-life advocacy with healing and diet and waldorf education philosophies in my dedicated fatherhood thing... know a lot about curing infertility... if you want to know about how to make your women pregnant.  Ask me. www.fertilityhelp.net

I'm pretty good with dating girls.  Filipino girls only.  Filipino girl psychology.   Also an amateur sociologist on Filipinos.

Astronomy, the Electric Universe and catastrophe and saturnian cosmology interests.

I took up Mechanical Engineering in college and was quite adept at tinkering but it doesn't make money for me at present.  So I refrain from doing it unless I have to.

Previous work, I've been HR manager to some hundred or more employees. 

Previous work, I have managed 2 gas stations.  And managed 2 tire shops with mechanics. 

I've done engineer / tech support work for wheel aligners, wheel balancers and tire changers and tire repair tools like patches and wheel balancing weights.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:24:37 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »
Thanks Micelte, Eric, Jessica, Van, aLptHW4k4y, GS.

So we know you  better and esteem you more since we’re now aware of you skills, experience and knowledge. Anybody else willing to share?   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 02:01:09 am »
Im a public speaker. I discuss topics like relationships/drugs/alcohol/exercise/diet with adolescents and teach them not to assume everything they read or hear from other people. I basically teach them to think for themselves and become aware of their own patterns.
I am also a personal coach for adolescents helping them to reflect on their behaviour but also on deeper levels.

My goal is to get people in balance and teach them it is good to experiment and make mistakes, but always be respectfull and acceptive of others.
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 04:42:40 am »
I am an expert on raw food nutrition.  ROFL

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »
Owner of a business managing risk, hazardous materials, environment.

Interested in opportunites in Africa at the moment.

Would like to own a business in a beautiful area maybe a boutique hotel/pastrol lease/resort

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

William

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 08:43:59 pm »
Literate. Mother showed me how to read at age 4 (1941), so I escaped the horror of that part of the school system, and was able to see school for what it was. It's worse now.
Electronics, starting as radio operator for Gov't of Canada (1957), progressing through half-baked technician to fully baked customer engineer/field tech/computer technologist (hardware). Including two years as radio officer on foreign ships (1963), an excellent way of being exposed to alien cultures, including their food. (English food is, um, how to say, different. ;)  )
Electronics is still progressing through physics and astrophysics with the help of H.L. Mencken, Charles Fort, I. Velikovsky and J. McCanney.
Recommend reading the latter's latest book "Comets", available for cheap on his website only:
http://www.jmccsci.com

"Life is a struggle, not against sin, not against the Money Power, not against malicious animal magnetism, but against hydrogen ions."
 H.L. MENCKEN
http://www.lakesidepress.com/pulmonary/books/physiology/chap7_1.htm

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 01:50:39 pm »
I'm a milk pirate on the high seas of grass and briars.

Also been accused of being a hipster farmer.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 02:20:15 pm »
I'm a milk pirate on the high seas of grass and briars.

Also been accused of being a hipster farmer.

I do not understand this.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk