Author Topic: Raw meat only... for now?  (Read 23841 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw meat only... for now?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 05:37:52 am »
Poncho, this time of year, the goats are mostly eating hay, not green grass.  If milking they are also most probably eating grains to produce milk.  Thus your experiment, may be tainted by using milk this time of the year.  I own and have milked and lived primarily on goats milk for about 14 years.  They only ate Green food, and seven day sprouted grains, and seaweed.  I can say that after a while, my body had had enough, and now it doesn't work for me.  But at the time, it seemed to be a Godsend.    My advice is to start with small amounts, on an empty stomach when hungry.  Also kefir and raw goats yogurt work better if you can make them.  If you've been off dairy for some time the essential lactose eating bacteria will still be present from birth in your large intestines, but in Very small numbers.  You can grow that colony by starting slowly and increasing the amount of milk as their numbers grow. Otherwise you'll end up probably with a lactose intolerance experience.    Again, kefir and yogurt take care of that as those bacteria present predigest the lactose into lactase for you.  But, you also end up with a more acidic food.   My favorite experiment result, after many years, was to take kefir and mix it with equal parts fresh raw milk.  It would then have the texture and flavor of cream, much less acidic.  Good luck.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 05:44:59 am »
aajonus's credentials are just about as good as gcb except i think hes healed even more people.
Yeah? What experiments did he perform? What theoretical breakthrough did he offer? A fake diploma, an incredible tale of coyotes feeding him, 300 $ for 15 minutes consultations, a theory half copied on GCBs and altered, distorted…

GCB has never pretended to heal people: once the causes of their health troubles are removed people often self-heal. 

and he says that dairy is 100 percent fine.
Let him say…

credentials mean nothing. all that matters is ones own experience because 10 people who all seem equally qualified can give you 10  completely different perspectives that all seem equally logical.t spp
We discussed this before. Science and technology became very specialized and we generally have to refer to experts in each specific areas.

how many raw vegans seem just as qualified yet spout complete garbage.
There’s a huge difference between “seem” and “are”.

anyway, what do you sugest I drink when im thirsty if water makes me feel like crap.
Ask the animals around you, they probably know better.  Or have a Red Bull, it'll make you feel great.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:32:45 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 07:01:32 am »
Im just desperately trying here and its very hard for me to gain weight. I would hope that anyone human knows that there are nearly zero females in this world that want to be obese. I know of only one. So I think its safe to assume that I dont plan on consuming milk long term, especially if I have never liked it before. I just want to stop watching the numbers on the scale drop and hearing negative worried comments from everyone around me. Im just trying everything, thats what lead me here in the first place. Its like Im not even allowed to speak here, only listen, because the paleo elders rule. Its weird. I just want to talk to some experienced people about a way of eating.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 07:03:42 am »
I personally don't think much of aajonous either, iguana. I got an invite from a friend to go to one of his primal pot luck events. And when I saw only an hour of it was free, I thought what the heck. His books are also rather expensive. The book I got for schizophrenia only cost me $15 with shipping, his of $30+.

Also I've read some horror stories about people who got advice from aajonous and got serious food poisoning. The fact he still touts that fake diploma says a lot too.

Poncho, have you been eating just muscle meats and organs? When I first started I get unnaturally skinny from eating just lean meats and eggs. That's probably ethers happening to you now.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 07:06:00 am »
The problem is not that I dont know what to eat, its that I cant eat much of anything without being in excruciating pain that seems to get worse with each slip up.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 07:10:44 am »
You seem to be on the defensive....

Have you been able to measure out your meals and see exactly how much of each food you've been eating? What helped me was using a calorie counter and seeing how much of various foods if have to eat to reach about 2000 calories.

When I did the math with just gras fed meats, getting up 2000 calories meant id have to consume an unrealistic amount of protein. how ever when I added the beef fat/suet it stopped being a problem.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:59 am »
haha Im not! I have found that if Im eating raw meat, I can eat any amount. With raw organic honey and garlic if I want. But I cant tolerate anything else. Nothing.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:33 am »
oh raw animal products are fine too, forgot to mention that

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:40 am »
haha Im not! I have found that if Im eating raw meat, I can eat any amount. With raw organic honey and garlic if I want. But I cant tolerate anything else. Nothing.

If you can tolerate raw meat, you'll likely be able to tolerate raw beef fat. contact your source for food and ask if they will send you some. It's usually cheap or free.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 08:15:59 am »
I will do that tomorrow! Good suggestion :)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 08:22:48 am »
That should help put weight on you and help you feel better. Odds are if everything gives you trouble raw dairy might not be the exception.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:48 am »
i did meat only for a while (about a year, but with some experimenting on occasion) because it was the only food i could tolerate.  when i ate like this my digestion was normal, but anything else and i was in pain, my colon spasming, and i'll spare the rest of details.  i agree with troll, and had found a way to enjoy organs too.  little by little i've been introducing more and more foods. i'm almost where i want to be, not quite yet though.

my experience with goat milk/goat milk kefir: i tried goat milk and did fine with it. i loved the calm i got from drinking warm milk.  i then tried kefir thinking that if raw milk was fine, then kefir would be even better.  what a disaster! i don't know why... maybe the acidity?... kefir is awful for me.   i still did well with raw milk though, but later on when i tried to increase the amount of milk, i didn't do so well :/    so i just stopped altogether.  the only reason i was drinking it is because i really enjoyed the calm of raw warm milk.  i must just like the opiates :D, and that would have kept me drinking it if it worked for me.  but i stopped rather quickly, i don't think it's a food for me.  that said, there are members here from time to time who get incredibly healing results with raw milk, so i think it's an individual thing. 

fermented cabbage to this day is not good for me. i love it!, but it goes right through me seemingly undigested.

raw butter was extremely healing at one point. it lost it's magic for some reason :( 

ground flax seeds are soothing to the intestines. i don't like the idea of eating nuts or seeds on any regular basis, but my body does so well that i eat a small amount a few times per week.  i'll stop as soon as my body doesn't need them anymore.  regular flax seeds have a laxative effect, but are also soothing.

honey depends on the brand, but i stopped eating it because it's too addictive for me.  i didn't notice any digestive benefits.

good luck!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 09:51:41 am »
Were you able to find raw beef fat?

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »
not yet this is a pretty slow time. apparently beef is no longer in season? Im gonna have to do some searching

William

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »
not yet this is a pretty slow time. apparently beef is no longer in season? Im gonna have to do some searching

Might try calling the local abattoirs. Grass-finished beef looks and smells different, so they would know.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:55 am »
Yeah? What experiments did he perform? What theoretical breakthrough did he offer? A fake diploma, an incredible tale of coyotes feeding him, 300 $ for 15 minutes consultations, a theory half copied on GCBs and altered, distorted…

GCB has never pretended to heal people: once the causes of their health troubles are removed people often self-heal. 
Let him say…
We discussed this before. Science and technology became very specialized and we generally have to refer to experts in each specific areas.
There’s a huge difference between “seem” and “are”.
Ask the animals around you, they probably know better.  Or have a Red Bull, it'll make you feel great.

he discusses many of the experiments hes done in his books which im not sure if you have read.

What he charges for consultations or lectures is irrelevant. If youw ant a consultation or lecture then pay what he asks for it, if not dont come.its that simple.

and diplomas mean nothing. If seeing some letters at the end of his name makes someone try raw animal foods who wouldnt have tried it without those letters then i think thats great. For me letters at the end someones name makes me trust them less.

and red bull makes me feel like crap.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:49 am »
if you want to gain weight goat milk is the way to go. it is known to cause weight gain. It certainly helped me.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:06 am »
if you want to gain weight goat milk is the way to go. it is known to cause weight gain. It certainly helped me.

Yeah, it really does help weight gain.  Avocados do too, but not as much.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 07:09:45 am »
Not having a car is really setting me back here. I found a source, but I cant get to it. haha

CitrusHigh

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:26 pm »
Can you just kill something wild Poncho? A squirrel, rabbit, fowl? If so, then just go kill your own food, no car required, though not an option in the city, not for lack of food animals but for lack of sanitary food for them, ie cheese its don't work so well in a squirrel's digestive system.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »
Not having a car is really setting me back here. I found a source, but I cant get to it. haha

Other options: get a ride from a friend, rent a car, take a taxi or bus, ride a bicycle, ask someone to deliver. Yes, you pay for some of these, but just chalk it up to the price of food. Don't forget: meat stores well if you hang the muscles up in your fridge, so buy a whole bunch at once if it's hard to get there. True, there are all sorts of obstacles, but there is always one more solution than there are problems.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 08:33:09 am »
Haha car rentals dont do me much good since I'm missing the license part.  I subway everywhere, but I can't subway to america. Friends have jobs and lives. I can see if theyll let me pay them haha, good idea. I dont know what it is in my head thats holding me back, because Im definitely not lazy anymore. All thanks to raw meat :)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2013, 03:55:01 am »
Daniel Vitalis - Milk Myths

Then best answer on the dairy debate which I can come up with is that there are mutants Like Aajonus an Daniel Vitalis who can thrive on Dairy, while the other 95% of people are better off without it.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:24 am »
I manage to keep my weight stable with a lot of olive oil. Also I buy the meat cuts with most fat on them, which at the same time are cheapest.
So you could try olive oil, if you have no problems digesting it.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:00 am »
I got my hands on a bunch of raw goat and sheep cheeses, they seem to make me feel great so far! I'm sure I won't want dairy once I'm done being so skinny and weak haha

Eating olive oil? Drinking it? or.. hahah

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk