Author Topic: Nutrient loss through freezing  (Read 14230 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Nutrient loss through freezing
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
Hi everyone. I just read on the raw paleo website freezing meat decreases b 5. Are there any other nutrients we know of that decrease through freezing
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Nutrient loss through freezing
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12:48 pm »
Doesn't seem to work on my browser. Is the link correct? What does the website say?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:22 pm »
On average 0-5% loss of vitamins and minerals, with exception of 30% for vitamin C.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:00:21 am »
not to mention damaged enzymes and bacteria. as well as the water seperating from the nutrients during freezing which likely impacts utilizability of said nutrients. Also parasites die during freezing, I wonder what else dies.

Aajonus feed half of a group of deogs fresh raw emat and the other group the same meat but frozen. The frozen group developed mange and other skin disorders as well overall poorer health than the fresh emat group. When he started giving the frozen group fresh meat, all problems disappeared.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:02:35 am »
Troll, can you provide any evidence that Aajonous did that study? Pictures, anything? I don't believe a word Aajonous says. He makes A LOT of claims and has no proof of any of it. No proof of studies he's done, ever having any illnesses, having his eyes change from brown to blue.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:31 am »
dont believe him, see if I care.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:53:00 am »
dont believe him, see if I care.

I won't. And honestly I think you need to reconsider believing all the claims he makes until he provides some sort of proof.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »
I won't. And honestly I think you need to reconsider believing all the claims he makes until he provides some sort of proof.

iv found all of his claims to be true so ill take his word on it. I take my own personal experience above everything else.

you do what you want. "official" research documents mean nothing to me, maybe they mean something to you.
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:01:22 am »
interesting

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 02:36:54 pm »
iv found all of his claims to be true so ill take his word on it. I take my own personal experience above everything else.

you do what you want. "official" research documents mean nothing to me, maybe they mean something to you.
I didn't believe any of Aajons claims. Thought they were entertaining stories he made up to get the raw point across. I still have my doubts on most of them however I can't fault the guy. Which is frustrating. Every time I have some sort of problem or issue I reread his books and look for clues. The food remedies (usually following some weird logic) he suggest have always worked. Without exception. Ranging from skin issues to food timing and combining and from headaches to wound healing.

Do I believe he was saved by a peck of wolves offering him a dead rabbit...? No! I don't.
Do I believe he is a competent and experienced healer? Yes
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 01:44:09 am »
If you think its impossible to be offered food by wild animals then you definitly need to spend some more time in the woods.

Animals can sense energy very well and if they a dying man they know hes no danger to them and are not afraid to approach. When iv tripped in the forest many times in the past wild animals have often approached me in a friendly and social manner because they could sense I was not in a state to hurt them. This type of personal experience has happened many many times for me.

Also there are countless mainstream stories of various animals raising abandoned or lost children. Nobody denies these happening.

so in reality, the coyote story really isnt that unbelievable at all. Stranger things have happened in my own life.

Every part of his book rings incredibly true to me in a way that few things do. I think the book was painfully honest and if he wasnt then hes an incredibly good writer and should be working as a writer. Everything in that book ended up proving true to me many times over through my incredible skepticism.
-----------

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:17 pm »
not to mention damaged enzymes and bacteria. as well as the water seperating from the nutrients during freezing which likely impacts utilizability of said nutrients. Also parasites die during freezing, I wonder what else dies.

Aajonus feed half of a group of deogs fresh raw emat and the other group the same meat but frozen. The frozen group developed mange and other skin disorders as well overall poorer health than the fresh emat group. When he started giving the frozen group fresh meat, all problems disappeared.

I've been eating raw meat thats been frozen for over two years now with no ill effects whatsoever. My skin glows and I feel the best I've ever felt.
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:09 am »
Its good that your  body can handle that.
I have a friend who is a vegetrian with lots of starches who also enjoys crack meth and other fun stuff like that and hes a 40 year old with the energy of a lively 20 year old (and this is when hes sober.

some people have all the luck.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 03:46:17 am »
I love how doing ok on frozen meats was just compared to doing ok smoking meth at 40 years old lol

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 03:48:45 am »
I've been eating raw meat thats been frozen for over two years now with no ill effects whatsoever. My skin glows and I feel the best I've ever felt.

Practically all my animal foods are frozen, high meat being the only exception. I also feel great.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 06:08:46 am »
Practically all my animal foods are frozen, high meat being the only exception. I also feel great.

That is great, Boss. I always let my meat thaw out in the refrigerator as the meat seems to retain more of its flavor. As to why this happens I'm not sure - but it always seemed more logical to let something frozen slowly thaw out as such a rapid change in temperature may damage the meat. I also make sure to soak up all the blood from the meat with the meat :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:17:04 am by 24isours »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:27 am »
I love how doing ok on frozen meats was just compared to doing ok smoking meth at 40 years old lol

the point is that certain people have higher resistances to damaging practices than others. This guy lived one of the worst lifestyles ever and still looks completely healthy and has more energy than almost anyone I know.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:08 am »
the point is that certain people have higher resistances to damaging practices than others. This guy lived one of the worst lifestyles ever and still looks completely healthy and has more energy than almost anyone I know.

I do get the feeling that some people have more resistance to frozen foods.  If I were eating frozen meat instincto-style, I wouldn't eat NEARLY as much of it, as if I were eating fresh meat. My guess is that the people who can eat frozen meat instincto-style with no problems might be able to handle frozen foods better.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:17 pm »

Well, maybe eating thawed meat isn't as damaging as you may think. Humans did go through an ice age, remember? Also, Inuit's have been known to eat their food frozen:

"Vitamins and minerals which are typically derived from plant sources are nonetheless present in most Inuit diets. Vitamins A and D are present in the oils and livers of cold-water fishes and mammals. Vitamin C is obtained through sources such as caribou liver, kelp, whale skin, and seal brain; because these foods are typically eaten raw or frozen, the vitamin C they contain, which would be destroyed by cooking, is instead preserved."

Source: http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox#.UbbV4ZVfXk0
-----

Maybe as Cherimoya says, some people can handle frozen foods better than another. Being fairly light skinned may have something to do with this? I say this because people with light skin are said to come from northern latitudes while someone who is darker is said to come from areas closer to the equator where the sun is always shining. It has been proven that darker skinned people need much more Vitamin D than the light skinned. It's been hypothesized that because of the lower intensity of ultraviolet light that comes from the north, the light skinned need less Vitamin D. I would even throw in the fact that the light skinned wore more clothes - hence another reason why we may need less vitamin D. Also, people with light skin can produce their own Vitamin D via the kidneys. My point is, because I'm light skinned the gene's that handle my digestion may be more suitable to such cold food.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 09:49:28 pm »
I've said this before, sorry for the redundancy,,,  just because a people ate this way or that way is little proof of much.  The inuit also lived in smoke filled igloos, does this mean we should burn seal oil in our homes.   Another way to wonder might be, what if they had fresh food all the time at their disposal...    Eating frozen was probably a way to survive.  I saw a video of a current family await the return of a hunter who'd been away for days.  They were really without food for some time, when he returned, he brought back a seal, frozen from having been caught several days prior.  They were most happy to eat it.       Same with the plains indians making pemican.  Should we deduce that pemican is healthier to eat than fresh bison? or was it a way to stay alive through hard lean times.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 11:25:11 am »
I've said this before, sorry for the redundancy,,,  just because a people ate this way or that way is little proof of much.  The inuit also lived in smoke filled igloos, does this mean we should burn seal oil in our homes.   Another way to wonder might be, what if they had fresh food all the time at their disposal...    Eating frozen was probably a way to survive.  I saw a video of a current family await the return of a hunter who'd been away for days.  They were really without food for some time, when he returned, he brought back a seal, frozen from having been caught several days prior.  They were most happy to eat it.       Same with the plains indians making pemican.  Should we deduce that pemican is healthier to eat than fresh bison? or was it a way to stay alive through hard lean times.

I wasn't trying to prove anything. Mentioning that light skinned people's digestive symptoms are more adapted to frozen foods was a hypothesis. I just personally don't think the benefits over fresh meat compared to meat that was previously frozen is significant.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 01:49:07 am »
There is no proof that white people are from the north.

They are most likely from the caucus mountains. Either way the origins of all aces are very mysterious despite what the darwinists (hindus) want you to believe.

Plus there are thousands of years old red haired caucasoid mummies all around the world where mainstream history says there were no white people at the time.

-----------

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 04:03:05 am »
First off, let me rephrase what I had written as I never looked it over before posting it. When I said lighter skinned people come from the north - what I meant was the further away from the equator you go; the lighter ones skin becomes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Skin_reflectance_vs._latitude.png

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 07:44:42 am »
My heritage is Swedish-Slavic. No wonder I want fish every day. Haha. This is to say, I'm white and have a strong tendency towards seafood from childhood. All seafood was love at first bite for me.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk