Author Topic: young powerlifter  (Read 19426 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
young powerlifter
« on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:27 am »
-----------

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: young powerlifter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:37:18 am »
Wow, only 18 years old? That's one hell of a feat. I'm working pretty hard at the moment to bulk up, but I don't think I want to be that big at all.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:43:54 am by Ragouki »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:46:28 am »
What they don't tell you is that he is using a bench shirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_shirt

Even if he benches 400lb without bench shirt still impressive.

Also, he was probably big to begin with.

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:49:22 am »
What they don't tell you is that he is using a bench shirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_shirt

Even if he benches 400lb without bench shirt still impressive.

Oh wow, I had no idea. But yeah still pretty remarkable.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 03:53:27 am »
"He lifted at total 1,900 pounds between all events on Saturday"

:p I have probably lifted this much in potatoes on a good days harvest, wheres my damn daily mail article!!

i would happily be that strong.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:57 am »
:p I have probably lifted this much in potatoes on a good days harvest, wheres my damn daily mail article!!
and I've lifted like 20 tones on a good day of work, where are my few articles then :D
seriously though, he lifted the 1900 pounds in three lifts, whereas you and me did something like a million small lifts :)
his secret is his genes, he just doesn't know it. I could eat all the eggs and meat, but will never ever be able to lift that much.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:21 am »
I think if you ate exactly what he ate and trained exactly as he did, you could achieve similar results.

Genetics may play some role but getting to wheres at without chemicals requires lots of hard work and lots of protein.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:02:16 am »
Nope, genetics plays a huge role. E.g. I have small wrists, long but thin bones, and there's only so much muscles that will attach to these bones, and no way that they will be ever able to support let alone lift such weight. I've started lifting weights and working hard since I was 12, and I've been eating 8 eggs, plenty of meat (1/2kg min) and milk every day until 20 or so. Yet I could barely bench 80kg.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:21:26 pm »
You gotta be a complete illiterate moron to believe that it was all eggs and hard work.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:54 pm »
eggs and meat.

and I believe how badly you were damaged early in life through vaccines and diet (and the vaccines/diet/makeup of the mother) has a lot more to do with it than genetics.

you can have the best genetics in the world but if your mom wore makeup heavily, gave you all your shots, gave you soy formula in bpa lined bottles instead of breastmilk and fed you sad your whole life you wont stand much of a chance.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:36 am »
Sounds like you just like to blame it on someone, whether it's your mom, the government, the farmers, and so on. And especially without any evidence or even logic behind.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 12:15:49 am »
what exactly am I blaming someone for?
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 03:04:59 am »
That "damage" early in life has greater effect on your athletic potential than your genes..
How about checking the olympic medalists, and whether their moms did anything different than the mothers of normal people? Did the mom of this guy did anything special?
And makeup, vaccines, are you serious? Are you saying that top athletes and powerlifters didn't get vaccines? And that they ate something particularly different from SAD? Just don't come out saying they had great genes which made up for the "damage"!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 03:21:07 am »
You overlook the extremely intense training that athletes go through to get to where they are, THis just goes back the the nature vs. nurture debate which we are not going to solve here.

you also misunderstand what I said. My point was that someone who has the best genes may never be able to reach olympic level performance if they were compromised early in life through the use of biological weapons such as vaccines and phytoestrogens hidden in foods and plastics and makeup and god only knows where else. A person who has relatively poor genes for muscle growth yet lived a healthy life is in a much better position for building muscle than someone who has been damaged by these biological weapons.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 03:25:08 am »
"That "damage" early in life has greater effect on your athletic potential than your genes.."

if you think that damage early in life cant have a greater effect than genetics then please consider a child who loses his legs in a car accident early in life. Does this damage early in life not compromise his athletic eprformance?

and before you tell me that its completely different from vaccine damage please realize that many people are paralyzed right after being vaccinated. Not to mention those who die. or those elft autistic for the rest of their lives.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 05:39:07 pm »
Ok, if someone has "bad" genes but has been treated like a king (according to your definition, no vaccines, no makeup, aajonus diet, etc.), would he come to better results than someone with "great" genes but has been "damaged" early in life by "biological weapons"? They have both been dedicated and trained as intensively as they could.

And yes, a child losing his legs can still compete in paralympics etc. Unless you're completely paralyzed, there are still ways to show your athleticism.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 05:46:29 am »
thats a stupid question. it clearly all depends on the levels of good genes in proportion to the level of health with which a person was raised.

Once again this is the nature vs nurture debate which will will not be answered here because the answer is nature AND nurture. not one or the other. both play a role.

any factor is only relevant in relation to the other factors.
-----------

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:54 pm »
I think if you ate exactly what he ate and trained exactly as he did, you could achieve similar results.

Genetics may play some role but getting to wheres at without chemicals requires lots of hard work and lots of protein.
No way!
This kid was stronger without training than most people will ever be with training. Off course it took a lot of hard work on his part too. But even elite atletes rarely improve their initial strenght more than 300%.  My guess is this guy isn't there yet he can probably improve a bit more but lets asume the 700 is his absolute max: 700/3= 230lbs Contrary to popular believe thats a weight most avarage people strugle to press even with years of dedicated training. Most avarage people spent a few months in the gym dont like their results and quit. Its the gifted ones that see good progress that stay so most people have a distorted view of realistic results.

No one will deny that training, rest, and nutrition are all paramount in achieving your personal best. The actual level of your personal best is genetics.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:48:32 pm by HIT_it_RAW »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »
the question really is, could he have done it without all the meat and eggs?
-----------

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »
I think he could have just as easily done it on cottage cheese, lean chicken and rice/pasta
Pretty much te standard diet of the worlds strong and huge. Like this guy Big Z (one of the strongest man ever)

Diet does not seem to limit strenght potetial to much as long as there is enough fuel and enough protein. Health is something else entirely off course
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 12:00:39 am »
cottage cheese and chicken  sound pretty good to me.
-----------

Offline Benedict

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »
Genes may play some role but getting to wheres at without substances needs plenty of effort and plenty of protein...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk