Author Topic: Malnourishment  (Read 49125 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Malnourishment
« on: April 24, 2013, 10:21:45 pm »
Okay, so there has been much discussion pertaining to malnourishment throughout my 3 years of recovery so far.
I was always fearful of malnourishment, thinking that if I missed a meal I would get very sick.
Then after much hunting I came to find that we dont actually NEED 3 meals a day at all.
That changed things.
Then I came to find that a little bit of raw organic anything goes a long way.
That changed things.
Then I was told that eating just raw meat would leave me malnourished.
That changed things.

Then just yesterday I was talking to my social worker about my strange and controversial recovery methods,
she brings up the recovery of a past client of hers.
Something was very wrong with his stomach, the doctors had him on a white rice and water diet.
FOR SIX MONTHS
And he was doing SIGNIFICANTLY better than before he started the rice.
And then he slowly began introducing other foods back into his diet.
Now he's doing very well I hear.

SO my conclusion is that the human body is completely incomprehensible.
And that I was never malnourished at all.

At least not because of the food I was or wasn't eating.
Maybe because my body couldn't actually digest ANY food. Except raw meat.. or maybe rice haha.
I would not do the rice thing.

Right now I'm eating a 100% raw meat diet, with raw goats cheese and organic kimchi added once in a while.
I drink lots of kombucha that I made myself (brewed it for over a month to let mother use up as much sugar as possible)

I'm not scared of malnourishment from eating almost entirely raw meat, because I know that if I believed in doctors advice, I would probably be on the rice and water diet too. And I would do just fine with it.
I'm getting good nutrients. I can see it on my face. I can feel it in my stomach.
I'm healing.

My blog!:
http://rawreconstruction.com
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:00:04 am by Poncho »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Malnourishment
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:18:21 am »
Most of us probably suffer from some degree of malnutrition, owing to the ubiquity of low quality foods and the high cost of high quality foods. We all have healing to do on this front, even those of us who have been doing this for a long time.

Eating animal foods from animals raised on a nutrient rich diet with minimal stress and minimal exposure to toxics is important. Eating plant foods grown in nutrient rich soil with minimal stress and minimal exposure to toxics is also important. Living a lifestyle that ensures access to these foods, minimizes our own stress and exposure to toxics is also very important. All three of these combat malnutrition. Remove any of them, and the risk of malnutrition goes up, and the challenge of healing past malnutrition increases.

My two cents...

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 03:54:03 am »
I agree haha
I was just saying that we really arent at risk of dying of malnutrition... at least not if we have a computer connected to the internet..
So people should stop talking about it

But I want to be optimal, that's my goal.
I plan on living in nature and having chickens and goats of my own, and freshly caught game for dinner.

I already make all of my own home products, no poisons.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:28:39 am »
You're right, of course. It takes an extraordinary level of malnutrition to actually kill someone. Even people in Sub-Saharan Africa forced to live on 500 Cal of grain-derived gruel each day manage to stay alive, for the most part.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 02:59:15 am »
Most of us probably suffer from some degree of malnutrition, owing to the ubiquity of low quality foods and the high cost of high quality foods. We all have healing to do on this front, even those of us who have been doing this for a long time.

Do some RPD'ers start slacking on food quality after being on the diet for a while?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:54:05 am »
Do some RPD'ers start slacking on food quality after being on the diet for a while?

If anything, I've gotten MORE stringent about food quality.  I really notice a difference in my health with better-quality food.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »
If anything, I've gotten MORE stringent about food quality.  I really notice a difference in my health with better-quality food.

I've noticed the difference that food quality makes since my second month eating raw meat.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:19:16 am »
some sound advice-never trust a social worker.

get away from these people as fast as you can.
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:39:27 am »
I am a very good at judging character.

I have been working with this social-worker for years now.

She is commonly fired from cases by the case-managers for being too honest with her clients.
She tells her clients things like "You are the boss of us, you are in control of your case".

She is legitimate. I have fired OTs from my case a few times,
I am very cautious.

I can see through people, and always go against the grain.
That's why I'm considered hard to work with.

Saying 'never trust a social worker'
is just like saying 'never trust a black person'

It's 2013. Get with the times.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:03 am »
Sorry everyone I know who has a social worker was either a criminal or someone on welfare assigned one by the government so they could basically spy on them and give out horrible advice like get your flu vaccine.

Didnt realize that you were talking about occupational therapists.

Either way you dont need any of these people. You only need to trust yourself and god who made the world perfectly with foods in the perfect state they need to be in to heal us unless you destroy gods original designs with things like heat or chemical processes.
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 03:14:08 am »
I have a rehab team, a bunch of different therapists.

I really benefit from my social worker, because she listens to me and knows me and can tell me when I'm wrong.
No one else can give me such solid advice, because she has heard it all from me as well as many others.
Since I have no one experienced to talk to, no one that understands brain injury victims at all or the legal system itself, I need someone to talk to.

I'm aware that I wouldn't die without her.
Whats with you being all "You don't NEED that for survival, so get rid of it!"
haha, things help! She helps a lot.
It's nice being helped, especially for someone like me.
I used to be the helper, but now that my brain is all fucked up, I need someone.
Not literal 'need'. But need nonetheless.

Give me a break haha
Word on the street is, I'm doing pretty exceptionally well considering.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:05:38 am »
You'll notice some on the forum have strong ideals. Stick to your gut intuition. If you think the social workers, therapists, etc. are helping. Don't drop them.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 11:39:49 am »
You should really read we want to live by aajonus vondrplanitz. The book describes in detail how he healed his son WHO HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS YOU. I cant imagine anything being bigger help than that.

And of course your doing well, youve figured out about raw foods. All you really need to do now is sit back and enjoy the healing but if you think these people can help you go ahead, youve met them not me. Im sure if you kept eating right though youd be a totally functional person no matter what you do in a few years.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

Then just yesterday I was talking to my social worker about my strange and controversial recovery methods,
she brings up the recovery of a past client of hers.
Something was very wrong with his stomach, the doctors had him on a white rice and water diet.
FOR SIX MONTHS
And he was doing SIGNIFICANTLY better than before he started the rice.
And then he slowly began introducing other foods back into his diet.
Now he's doing very well I hear.

also thats a very suspicious story. I personally cant think of anything worse than a rice and water diet. Feeling well on diet is definitly not all in your head. I did vegetarianism for years thinking its was the spiritual karma answer to all my problems or something stupid like that. I believed it completely and got worse and worse while my beliefe stayed strong. The first time i had a raw meat meal i became almost manic and swore to go totally raw. I got better every day ever since,

Health and nourishment is definitly all about food. Im completely sure youd be totally miserable right now on rice and water. Grains are actually the number one worst type of food a person a could eat and they make me feel worse than anything.

The human body is actually pretty comprehensible in my opinion. Im so tired of people making simple things so complicated. The world is quite a simple place in many ways. Not to say there are no mysteries.
-----------

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »
The human body is actually pretty comprehensible in my opinion. Im so tired of people making simple things so complicated. The world is quite a simple place in many ways. Not to say there are no mysteries.
When you were a convinced vegan I bet it was all simple as well, right? Man isn't meant to eat animal, all animals are sacred. Eating an all plant diet is cleaning both the body and the mind in perfect harmony. See; Simple!

I don't like overcomplicating things in general but I do recognise that health and nutrition are complicated. So many people pick a single idea or ideology and cling to it fiercely. This form of simplification is comforting. One answer for every problem. The reality is, of course, that there are infinite answers to every problem many of which have elements of a possible truth in them.

The philosophical idea that there is only one truth thus one correct answer to every problem went out the window with the birth of quantum science.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 07:52:38 pm »
Word on the street is, I'm doing pretty exceptionally well considering.

Lol word on the street... Congratulations. Keep up the good work. I don't consume dairy so I don't know to much about it. But I've seen in various places on the forum the calcium/magnesium balance being mentioned if dairy is over consumed. Since I don't consume dairy I haven't looked into it really. Maybe troll would like to comment?

I think spinach and bananas are high in magnesium. I'm not totally sure what else is though.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:48:25 pm »
Alright,
quick summary:

Health is very complicated
Health has many ways of being achieved (debatable theoretically, but many raw vegan peoples live happy healthy years. I don't get it)
I am VERY unstable, and emotional, and am sorry about that.
I have to read 'we all want to live
If someone is killing themselves with a fast food and cigarettes diet, I'm sure the rice and water would be a nice cleanse.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »
Found it

Child boards: newbie sections - dangers of dairy

Then there's the issue of the extremely lopsided Calcium:Magnesium ratio of dairy(c.12:1). In Palaeolithic times, the caveman diet had a calcium:magnesium ratio was only c. 1:1 -  but our modern dairy-filled diet has on average a 4:1 Calcium:Magnesium ratio which is most unhealthy, as excessive calcium in the diet(above 1:1) ends up blocking the intake of magnesium into the body, thus leading to magnesium-deficiency:-

http://www.paleodiet.com/losspts.txt

Since magnesium is an essential component of the human body, a lack of magnesium leads onto various minor to major health-problems:-

http://www.ctds.info/5_13_magnesium.html

http://www.ctds.info/magnesium.html

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 11:58:59 pm »
Oh no.
oh no oh no oh no.

What do I do?

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 12:00:56 am »
Youre the best for pointing that out.
I really wondered how I could possibly be so low in magnesium.
My mom left me a book on magnesium yesterday, I started reading it right away,
now I understand why I was lacking.
But have no idea what to do about it

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:43 am »
You can use magnesium bath salts - either Epsom salts or magnesium citrate - in your bath water and soak. Magnesium can be absorbed through the skin.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 03:19:25 am »
When you were a convinced vegan I bet it was all simple as well, right? Man isn't meant to eat animal, all animals are sacred. Eating an all plant diet is cleaning both the body and the mind in perfect harmony. See; Simple!

I don't like overcomplicating things in general but I do recognise that health and nutrition are complicated. So many people pick a single idea or ideology and cling to it fiercely. This form of simplification is comforting. One answer for every problem. The reality is, of course, that there are infinite answers to every problem many of which have elements of a possible truth in them.

The philosophical idea that there is only one truth thus one correct answer to every problem went out the window with the birth of quantum science.

Veganism was simple except it didnt work. Raw animal foods work with no issues and the concept of eating foods the way god designed them simply works. The creation is perfect, humans make it imperfect.

cegans can live happily for a few years but 99% of them always start rapid deterioration after the first few years. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

And If you want to believe in quantum "science" thats your problem. I personally am not going to believe theosophical religious ideas just because someone puts a scientific guise under it. Remember, theosophy was supposed to be the blending of science with religion and thats exactly what we have. If mind power worked than raw veganism would have definitly healed me because my belief could not have been stronger. I went onto ra animals with no belief, simply out of being so miserable that i didnt even care if it killed me.

And can you please stop with all the worrying, ill solve your magnesium problem with one word if you really want to worry about ratios and all this other crap that doesnt really matter. ALl you need is your instincts if you start thinking about all these ratios youll drive yourself crazy, if your body is deficient in something you will start to crave it once your instincts are fully functioning (after about a year of no cooked food probably. After that just follow your cravings and youll have nothing to worry about. (this isnt to say jsut because your body craves a boatload of fruit you should go for it, you should also take into account whether or not you feel good after lots of fruit but that eventually because a part of your instincts too.

The magic word is scallops, you can thank me later.

and can we please not recommend people take horrible chemicals like epsom salts on here? What terrible advice, epsom salts are the vilest thing I have ever ingested. They were useful as part of the violent liver cleanse if you want quick and violent healing rather than slow and gentle.

This is the raw paleo forum, if you want to tell people to kill themselves with chemicals please do that somewhere else.

Keep ti simple...or drive yourself crazy

life really is pretty simple, its only the ones trying to confuse you (and those who dont know any better) making it seem otherwise.

Please relax.

-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 03:22:51 am »
also note that 99.9 percent of dairy studies are done on pasteurized dairy and are therefore completely meaningless us.
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 04:04:02 am »
You can use magnesium bath salts - either Epsom salts or magnesium citrate - in your bath water and soak. Magnesium can be absorbed through the skin.

Thank you!

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 04:10:20 am »
No need to get so sassy mr troll, not all of us are perfect like you.
Not yet at least.
For now, dairy is really making me gain weight, so I will stick to it unless someone has a better idea.
The thing is, me having to eat this unnatural dairy is causing an unnatural depletion of magnesium it seems.
I have read lots in the short time that I've known about this.
It seems legit.
So a magnesium bath, however horribly unnatural, seems logical. I will give it a try.
Scallops suck, I want to throw up when I taste them, but I will try eating more of those too.
I try mostly everything.

Don't tell me not to try so much stuff,
because I will anyways.
I'm weird, my body is right out of it, I can't afford to stop trying weird stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk