Author Topic: Is the Paleo Diet Healthy?  (Read 14019 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Paleo Diet Healthy?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 12:06:45 am »
Thanks, CK, I agree. There are several authors on Beyondveg, they are listed here with a short summary of who they are.

Loren Cordain himself is on the list.

I exchanged several posts with one of them, Kirt Nieft, dutifully pointing out the several mistakes in one his articles “An Ex-Instincto's Guide to Instinctive Eating” but he never bothered to correct it! I wrote him first by e-mail, but he didn’t answer, so I posted my message here and a long public discussion followed.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:27 am »
If someone has a different site for Cordain's report, by all means share it. The only reason I provided the link from that site is because it's the only one I know about. It's not on Dr. Cordain's research page, but I did find lectins covered in this paper that is at his site, in case someone doesn't want to click on the other link:

http://thepaleodiet.com/published-research-about-the-paleo-diet/#1999

I hope that takes care of all concerns.

It’s not a reasoning… it’s that I don’t really know why… But if I remember from my “mostly cooked” days, soy has a bad taste and I never liked it in any form. ...
That's a good reason not to eat something!  :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:52:02 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:28 am »
The only reason I provided the link from that site is because it's the only one I know about.
No problem, well done and thanks for the link!
That's a good reason not to eat something!  :D
Yes, isn't it?  ;) ;D Another one, as I said, is that I was always under the impression it's a food for vegans!
 ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk