Author Topic: raw beginner  (Read 2791 times)

Offline justincase

• Forager
    • View Profile
raw beginner
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »
Hi there, nice place you got here.

I am looking for advice on my current diet and how i can improve it. I don't know if it falls into the paleo diet category. I have no set rules really but i tend to follow the teaching of Dr. Weston Price.

Basically for the last 4 months, My basic eating has been only raw fruit/veg, raw nuts, raw dairy. Prawns, tuna, fermented cod liver oil and eggs and cheese.

I like to keep it simple and don't do any fancy recipes. I eat a fruit salad with almonds and lots of raw yoghurt for breakfast, snack on fruit, drink  raw milk and a big tuna/avocado salad for lunch, more fruit and veg then a soup/lightly cooked omelette in coconut oil for dinner. Supplements are fermented cod liver oil and kelp tablets.

I do yoga and bodyweight exercise moderately, though my conditioning has naturally improved since i cut out processed food (can now do 20 pullups).

I am kind of freestyling and don't follow any set principles some days my diet be made of 60% fat (nuts/olives/milk/coconut/animal fats/avocado). I know conventional food wisdom is garbage. My doctor would  say i'm eating too cholestrol/fat etc..(though my doctor is obese and near-death). I have no-one to ask really, just want to know i am heading in the right direction.

I suppose it's like paleo except for the dairy and lack of raw meat. I understand raw meat eating is the ultimate natural way of life, but I'm not ready for that yet so am just reducing meat consumption to once a week. I eat some luxuries like raw honey and cheese but stick to my regime 90% of the time.

How far away am i to this raw paleo way of life? How can i take it to the next level? Is there ratios i should be aiming for?

Thanks people.

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: raw beginner
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:37 pm »
Just a thought . .

You've read Weston Price, but where are the organ meats? Just a little dig. Most people don't like them, but agree they are crucial for nutrient dense diet. Also, I was surprised to learn that fruits and nuts are not the end--all, be-all that the vegetarian-minded would have us believe. Yet they are tasty!

Looks like you're doing well on your diet. Best of luck to you. Alot of folks on here are learning to follow their instincts. And develop those natural instincts to guide their food choice. I'm inspired by that.

I've learned alot reading through this forum. I bet, if you read around the forum, whatever your next step is will reveal itself. Thank you for continuing to share what you learn.

Here's my inspirational raw meat video:  http://youtu.be/Z9g_EGbnfxo

Offline justincase

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:12:26 am »
Thanks for the encouragement, i'm still learning. I posted here because i want to start incorporating raw organ/meat in my diet and need a point of reference! I know tribes like the Masai had very limited plant-based food, yet had superior health/stature! I've cut out the easy stuff like bread,pasta and sugar/starch. I'll be reading up on this forum to get myself up to speed, just thought i'd introduce myself. Thanks for the link, I will go out of my way to chomp on some raw meat this week and see how i feel about it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:28 am »
Justincase, you probably need to tell us more about yourself.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk