Author Topic: My first post  (Read 5335 times)

Offline AgainstTheFlow

• Forager
    • View Profile
My first post
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:12:29 am »
Hi,

I'll try to keep it short. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to connect with many like minded individuals trying to do their best to achieve or maintain good health. I've been trying healthier ways of eating for several years now, (vegan, cleanses,aajonus, weston a price etc) but despite the fact, I've still been having poor digestion. It seems that what's considered the most nutrient dense foods or what's considered really good for us (all raw meats, fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, butter, eggs, whites and or yolks, probiotics)  that I've tried seem to give me the worse reactions. I hope to be able to learn and get some answers from some veterans here. I found a thread here already that was posted by someone in regards to reactions to raw meats. I will try to continue the thread in hopes of getting some more answers.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My first post
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:06:01 am »
welcome! :)

what are your 'safe' foods?  do you have trouble with fish too?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »
How many brand of probiotics have you tried? 
Have you tried high meat?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:37:58 pm »
It seems that what's considered the most nutrient dense foods or what's considered really good for us (all raw meats, fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, butter, eggs, whites and or yolks, probiotics)  that I've tried seem to give me the worse reactions.

Try cutting out dairy and eggs. They, especially dairy, are only considered "really good for us" by primal dieters.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline AgainstTheFlow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:40 am »
Thank you ;).  When it comes to raw meats, it seems I react to all, even fish.  Of course dairy and eggs in all forms bother me. It seems to be more so with raw dairy and eggs to an even greater extent.  Most of the time I will feel sluggish, get red blood shot eyes, anxiety, migraines, brain fog, fullness feeling in the head, and nauseau etc and the symptoms seem to continuely get worse if I continuely eat them. I also tend to be very prone to constipation.  Unfortunately, it seems I can only tolerate any symptoms when I eat only cooked foods although I'm not improving my health with that.

I tried several probiotics, but I can't remember them all. Some that come to mind are primal defense, dr. ohira, Culturelle, Renew life Ultimate flora, raw kefir from grassfed cows, raw homemade sauerkraut and kimchi (i don't notice any affect either way), All probiotics seem to make my constipation worse with migraines, brain fog and they too just keep getting even worse with continual use except the fermented vegetables seem to be neutral with me.

I know this is just a general introductory forum, so please let me know where you guys think I should post.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:26:04 am by AgainstTheFlow »

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:50:36 am »
Take it slowly... Raw Paleo isn't a magick cure all.   Personally, I don't feel well when I eat alot of raw meat.

I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:06:23 am »
You sound like a vegan troll.  Even your username suggests that.

Offline AgainstTheFlow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »
You sound like a vegan troll.  Even your username suggests that.

It can be very discouraging to get this type of reply from a moderator for just simply stating my experiences and for the name I've chosen.  Now even if I was a troll, I don't see how I can be a "vegan" troll because I already stated in my first post that I tried a vegan diet as well, but I still wasn't able to improve my digestion.  If you find my name offensvie in anyway, I do apologize because that was not my intention and if you do, what name should I choose?  I'm sorry. I'm just not big on names and figured "AgainstTheFlow" would simply mean not going with the mainstream ideas.

Also, I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I have also personally met "goodsamaritan" over a year ago in the Philippines. He was kind enough to show me around the local markets and pointed out some good quality meats. He was also the one who suggested that I join this forum because he too wasn't sure what was causing my symptoms. He even invited me to his home where I tried some of the raw meat we picked up at the local market and he witnessed and pointed out my red eyes to me after eating some raw meats at his house. At the time I was just feeling like I was getting a headache, lethargic and generally not feeling well.

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:56:00 pm »
Hi, Againsttheflow.....i am new here too...
Have you ever consider heavy metals toxicity?
I am thinking on it for my problems too....

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »
Try cutting out dairy and eggs. They, especially dairy, are only considered "really good for us" by primal dieters.

Definitely try that. Also make sure you're not just eating meat. Look for a high quality source of fat. I typically go for beef fat, not suet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:15 pm »
It can be very discouraging to get this type of reply from a moderator for just simply stating my experiences and for the name I've chosen.  Now even if I was a troll, I don't see how I can be a "vegan" troll because I already stated in my first post that I tried a vegan diet as well, but I still wasn't able to improve my digestion.  If you find my name offensvie in anyway, I do apologize because that was not my intention and if you do, what name should I choose?  I'm sorry. I'm just not big on names and figured "AgainstTheFlow" would simply mean not going with the mainstream ideas.

Also, I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I have also personally met "goodsamaritan" over a year ago in the Philippines. He was kind enough to show me around the local markets and pointed out some good quality meats. He was also the one who suggested that I join this forum because he too wasn't sure what was causing my symptoms. He even invited me to his home where I tried some of the raw meat we picked up at the local market and he witnessed and pointed out my red eyes to me after eating some raw meats at his house. At the time I was just feeling like I was getting a headache, lethargic and generally not feeling well.

We get a lot of vegan trolls here. Your post sounded very similar to ones they've tried.

Have you tried high meat?  I know it seems extreme, but it's an excellent way to improve your digestion of meat.

Do your digestion problems happen only with animal products, or what?  What is the exact nature of the problems that you have?

Offline AgainstTheFlow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »
I'm sorry for the late reply. I've just been really busy.

@DaBoss88, I've tried cutting out dairy and eggs for a while now, but raw meats with or without fats or even a little bit still affects me. I tried the good quality beef with "goodsamaritan" when I was at his house. It looked really good too with the yellowish fat. I know it's strange, but cooked meat is tolerable for me without getting the red eyes, feeling drowsy and having a headache etc, but still in generally the meat still makes me feel like I have less energy afterwards. It's like it's hard for my body to digest compared to most cooked vegetables and fruits, but I know I'm not getting the nutrition I need from it and I don't feel as strong. It's not like I get more energy from the fruits for vegetables, it's just that my body doesn't seem to strain as much digesting it, so my energy level stays about the same before I had any food, but when I have meat I get that sleepy feeling like most people on the sad diet would complain about after having lunch.

@cherimoya_kid, I see. I don't believe I ever tried raw high meat before. I guess maybe I was afraid of not fermenting it properly and it getting contaminated, but maybe I shouldn't worry about that. I also seem to have bad reactions to nuts/seeds butter or whole (raw or cooked) as well whether they are soaked or not. I also don't do well with grains like wheat, spelt, oats, rice. Beans I think are tolerable for me. It doesn't matter if they are soaked/sprouted. I also tend to get headaches with avocados.

I want to also add that I always use Colosan, a ozonated magnesium supplement to help me with constipation. I start feeling bad without it. I also use Dr. Tam's Miracle herbal tea that "goodsamaritan" also introduced me to. Those are the only products that are effective for me at the moment. Any other colon cleansing herbal product doesn't help me eliminate and gives me migraines and still leaves me constipated like MH lower bowel balance which was also recommended to me by goodsamaritan. My body just reacts much different than most and it's really aggravating.

Offline AgainstTheFlow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:36 pm »
I just remembered that I tried fermented cod liver oil blue ice a couple of times before and I had the same bad reactions. I'm not sure if that would be considered in the same category as high meat because it's just an oil. Colonics and colemas really seem to help me with my toxic feelings when assisted by a professional because they can help with the abdominal massages and apply the right pressure to help me eliminate all gas and stools. The problem is I need them every day to feel like I completely eliminate all and not feel any toxic feelings.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:43:57 pm by AgainstTheFlow »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 11:12:06 pm »
I just remembered that I tried fermented cod liver oil blue ice a couple of times before and I had the same bad reactions. I'm not sure if that would be considered in the same category as high meat because it's just an oil. Colonics and colemas really seem to help me with my toxic feelings when assisted by a professional because they can help with the abdominal massages and apply the right pressure to help me eliminate all gas and stools. The problem is I need them every day to feel like I completely eliminate all and not feel any toxic feelings.

If you're having chronic constipation, you probably need to just increase your magnesium and sea salt intake. I know you're already supplementing with magnesium, but try increasing it. Avoid too much calcium, it worsens constipation.

I would definitely try high meat or high fish.  As long as you air it out every day or two, and ferment it in a glass (not plastic) container, there's basically zero risk.  I actually often ferment in plastic, and have never had any problems.  Glass is better, though. 

it's best not to overdo enemas and colonics, they reduce the amount of good instestinal flora. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk