Author Topic: milk of different species of cow.  (Read 3701 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
milk of different species of cow.
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:35:06 am »
Cow milk has always made me fel sick and clogged up. This week the dairy club only had cow milk from a farm whos cow milk iv never tried. I jsut finished a week on this cow milk with zero problems.

i guess theres a lot of variation between this one and all the others iv tried because cow milk always made me feel bad before.
-----------

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: milk of different species of cow.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:53:37 pm »
Very unlikely that it was a different species. Pretty much have to go to another country to get that though you might get lucky. However there is the whole a1, a2 thing and also different breeds have larger or smaller fat globules. I think the most likely thing is that you have gotten used to drinking raw milk, you have repaired your gut and your gut flora and you can now handle cows milk. I had been drinking raw goats milk for 2 years before I ever even tried raw cows milk and when I got into Jersey milk, I prefer the Jersey milk to goats milk, but it could be that I wouldn't have handled it well without the goats milk first. Common knowledge around that goats milk is the food of choice for people with upset digestive systems.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:56 pm »
wrong word with the species, I meant to say breed.

I had cows milk a month ago and it did not go well at all. This milk also tastes different than any other cow milk iv had. It looks a bit more yellow and tastes a little sweeter and is a bit thicker.

Also it is less apt to seperate.
-----------

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »
Sounds like you had colostrum or transitional milk (in between colostrum and regular milk, first two days after calf birth) both are great healers.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:36:57 pm »
And then it very well could be it's the intense green of the grass this time of year,,, huge difference in milk quality

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 12:17:13 am »
Yes this is the first time i tried cow milk this time of year so it may be the grass. Althouhg goat milk any time of year gives me no problems.

Iv had colostrum before and i dont think this was it.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk