Author Topic: singulex laboratory results + acne  (Read 5772 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
singulex laboratory results + acne
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:25:03 am »
So I posted about my acne about a year ago. Although it is better, I still suffer from what I consider severe breakouts (that leave me with really bad discoloration). I had some test results done and I would like to post them here to see if anyone can decipher them. I tried the raw meat diet and I could not handle it. I feel as if I am not designed to eat such a diet.

Here are the results:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21pz11&s=5

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s0lpc2&s=5

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2upy9mp&s=5

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: singulex laboratory results + acne
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:35 am »
By the way, most people on this website know much more about diet than I do. When I say "I am not designed to eat raw meat" I do not mean to offend.. I said this statement because when I do attempt to eat raw meat, I end up throwing up. My raw meat is from a website called USWELLNESSMEATS and it is 100% grass fed and finished.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 07:24:14 pm »
I think I read somewhere that their beef is aged for 2 weeks in the plastic, yuck! I've noticed that just letting my fat and meat defrost in the plastic makes it much less appealing to my taste buds. My body is almost saying it's bad because it has so much anaerobic bacteria. Try a different source.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:19:10 am »
And perhaps it would be best to start with a small amount and only if you feel comfortable about it. Forcing yourself to do something you don't feel designed for might cause more stress than it's worth, which is particularly important for you given your cortisol test finding. Would you feel comfortable trying a small sample of sashimi or sushi in a restaurant?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 03:18:50 am »
And perhaps it would be best to start with a small amount and only if you feel comfortable about it. Forcing yourself to do something you don't feel designed for might cause more stress than it's worth, which is particularly important for you given your cortisol test finding. Would you feel comfortable trying a small sample of sashimi or sushi in a restaurant?

PaleoPhil, re-reading the e-mail message you sent me, I am scared of my results now. My cortisol is way too high and same with other markers. I am going to stop worrying about the acne and try to fix my health

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 07:43:20 pm »
I'm glad to see you focus more on overall health and to try not to worry about acne as much. Hope I didn't cause too much scare, though it does make sense to check into these numbers further to be on the safe side. Are you having any noticeable symptoms? If not, then you probably don't have the more serious possible causes of the numbers, but better safe than sorry. My best guess is that the main causes of most of them are along the lines of chronic stressors and recent undereating and weight loss, but I'm not trained in reading and interpreting the numbers. If the causes are relatively minor, then eliminating other possibilities might help in that it could put your mind at ease, and learning what might be behind these numbers might help you choose a therapeutic course.

It would probably be wise to get your physician's/practitioner's input on these numbers. He (I think you mentioned that you have a male healthcare practitioner of some sort in the past) can at least give you some input on what they might mean and might want to do other tests. Unfortunately, if he's a conventional physician, he'll probably give you conventional advice like eating a low-fat diet high in whole grains, but once you have a better idea of what's going on, you can explore the options at that point.

If you can afford it, Chris Kresser is someone who looks at numbers like these for Paleo dieters, and investigates difficult-to-diagnose chronic issues, to help people further improve their health beyond what they achieve through Paleo diet basics. http://chriskresser.com/consultations He seems to have a good grasp of both Paleo dieting and mysterious chronic issues, including stress-related issues. You could start by perusing his blog, especially if you can't afford his services.

Jimmy Moore is someone who has had some numbers similar to yours, so you might want to read about his progress too, and what the physician who's managing his health is recommending, and he provides a different, more avidly LC view than Chris Kresser. Chris would probably have advised Jimmy to add some carbs back into his diet, diversify his nutrient intake (maybe more organs or something like that) and maybe take supplements or something. I was surprised that Jimmy seems to have had some success just by ensuring that his diet is usually truly ketogenic. On the other hand, Jimmy still has plenty of weight to lose, whereas you are apparently already slim, so Jimmy's current approach may not be best for you.

For myself, I like to get at least a couple different perspectives, plus my physician's, and combine that with my own self-knowledge via personal experience to figure out what might work best for me. This more active approach has worked better for me than my old habit of years ago of just doing whatever my physician told me to do without thinking about it much, which turned out to be a major mistake for me.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:03:34 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 05:01:25 am »
I checked out chris kessers site, he is not currently accepting new patients.

In regards to vitamin d, how much sun exposure should I be getting daily, and more importantly, what time of the day is best for sun exposure?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:11:27 am »
I think my thyroid is high because I am not getting enough iodine and salt in my diet?? Although i was eating tons of grass fed sausage which had sea salt( but not regular salt)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:40:04 am »
I think my thyroid is high because I am not getting enough iodine and salt in my diet?? Although i was eating tons of grass fed sausage which had sea salt( but not regular salt)

Wild-caught seafoods, especially cod fish, have lots of iodine.  Seaweeds have a lot of iodine as well.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 08:19:24 am »
Wild-caught seafoods, especially cod fish, have lots of iodine.  Seaweeds have a lot of iodine as well.

thanks for the suggestions. I love this forum

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk