Author Topic: Help me with researching diet  (Read 9040 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Help me with researching diet
« on: June 01, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »
Hey guys, So I must admit that my researching skills are horrible. I want to become better at researching to find what is the optimal diet for me.

Any hints/suggestions? thanks!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Help me with researching diet
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:56:29 pm »
Nobody has the whole truth.  The best place to start is at the intersection of

1. anthropology
2. archaeology
3. laboratory biology of the human body
4. raw omnivorous gurus like Aajonus and Guy-Claude Burger
5. your own personal experience
6. the experience of people who've been experimenting with different diets for a long time

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:26:45 pm »
^ Couldn't say it better.  One of the most intelligent responses I have heard.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
Nobody has the whole truth.  The best place to start is at the intersection of

1. anthropology
2. archaeology
3. laboratory biology of the human body
4. raw omnivorous gurus like Aajonus and Guy-Claude Burger
5. your own personal experience
6. the experience of people who've been experimenting with different diets for a long time

Now, CK's answer may seem irritating to someone who doesn't want to do research, but it appears you do plenty of research, so here's how to put it together using the six areas that CK mentioned:

1. Anthropology clearly shows that cooked food is a recent human-only idea To learn more, watch the documentary The Perfect Human Diet.

2. Archaeology supports information about anthropology.

3. Lab biology of the human body falls into two categories: general lab biology and your own lab tests. This forum is as good as any other source for this type of information, especially if you read the archives.

4. The gurus (so-called) can give you ideas of where to begin, from which you will derive...

5. your own personal experience. This can be an instantaneous revelation or one that takes time. Either way, hang in there.

6. Again, this forum's archives are a great source of information in one place. Before I post a topic or a question, I do a forum search and usually come up with the answer I can use.

As you can clearly see, CK gave you the whole answer to your question. It's a good thing you ended up here!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 01:51:34 am »
Just make sure you eat everything in its most raw possible state. Eat anything that you crave which can be eaten raw.

Nothing too complicated. Youll figure out soon enough what works for you after trying every raw food if you trust your body enough.
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 02:19:10 am »
Just make sure you eat everything in its most raw possible state. Eat anything that you crave which can be eaten raw.

Nothing too complicated. Youll figure out soon enough what works for you after trying every raw food if you trust your body enough.

I crave bananas all the time.... if I wanted to I can eat 10 bananas in a sitting. Not sure if cravings are the way to go (but then again, I am a newbie)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:14:48 am »
I crave bananas all the time.... if I wanted to I can eat 10 bananas in a sitting. Not sure if cravings are the way to go (but then again, I am a newbie)

Sweet fruits (ESPECIALLY dried fruits), unfermented raw dairy, and nut butters are the three foods where cravings can most easily lead you to eat too much of them.  High-quality animal fats would be the opposite, for instance.

I find that, as long as I stick to the Ecuadorean organic bananas, I'm unlikely to overeat bananas.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 06:41:12 am »
Umm, I could eat tons of high quality fat though

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 07:06:31 am »
I learned a lot about "cravings" by reading Guy-Claude Burger's writings - links to an English translation are found here: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instinctoanopsology-explained/. Of particular interest would be the part that tells about noticing the instinctive stop signals. I don't think this is anything other than our normal appetite function. In other words, there is supposed to be something that tells us when to stop eating things in particular and things in general. Once we relearn how to recognize that signal, we can be on the road to eating to restore our health. This signal will let us know if, say, 10 bananas are needed or not.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:23:17 am »

Try it and see what happens.  it may be exactly what you need right now.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 12:35:53 pm »
I learned a lot about "cravings" by reading Guy-Claude Burger's writings - links to an English translation are found here: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instinctoanopsology-explained/. Of particular interest would be the part that tells about noticing the instinctive stop signals. I don't think this is anything other than our normal appetite function. In other words, there is supposed to be something that tells us when to stop eating things in particular and things in general. Once we relearn how to recognize that signal, we can be on the road to eating to restore our health. This signal will let us know if, say, 10 bananas are needed or not.

I don't thinc that the instinctive stop signals correlate with our normal appetite function. As a prerequisite you need not denaturated foods. Otherwise the enzymes which are responsible for triggering stop signals in your body are deactivated / destroyed.

Another thing is your psychical condition. If you aren't balanced and you are eating for compensating any (psychical) problems, it's easy to 'overeat'.

my english sucks? i am aware of it!

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:05 pm »

its not about cravings but about programming your instinct.

Eat ten bananas and see how you feel. I reckon that you will feel bad and this will be recorded in your bodies memory and your instincts will knwo not to do that again.

It does take some time eating nothing but raw food to develop such instinct however.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 12:18:24 am »
its not about cravings but about programming your instinct.

Eat ten bananas and see how you feel. I reckon that you will feel bad and this will be recorded in your bodies memory and your instincts will knwo not to do that again.

It does take some time eating nothing but raw food to develop such instinct however.

Food quality has a tremendous effect on the instinctive stop.  I can eat 25 conventional bananas at one time, if I really try.  I can eat maybe 15 Ecuadorean organic bananas at once. With tree-ripened heirloom bananas like the quadrato/burro bananas in Central america, I can eat maybe 6 or 7 at once.

This holds true for all types of raw food, in my experience.  The more nutrient-dense and closer to wild the food is, the less of it I can eat.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 08:26:23 am »

Me too. I barely want fruits any more. In fact I crave (home made fermented) pickles and fat. lol I eat like half a pound of fat daily. It's soooo beautiful. I was cutting up a freshly defrosted package of fat today, and I was looking at it in the fridge and I was really blown away. It was soft like butter, and so yellow it was almost orange ish, like cantaloupe. I also eat 2 pickles before I eat my fruit and apricot seeds, though I want to eat more.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:59 pm »
Try it and see what happens.  it may be exactly what you need right now.

I tried it with goat butter and suffered huge breakouts on my face. Like I mentioned earlier, I am not sure if we should follow what our body craves (Atleast for some of us). It is like our genes are trying to trick our body... after all, our genes only care about their own survival and not of the host (the body). Maybe what I just said is a load of bullshit. All I know is, if I ever eat tons of fat, or tons of carbs (even if they are from non grain sources) it leads to breakouts. It seems that the only way for me to control my breakouts is to:

1) consume very little calories a day and go into starvation mode 

There has to be another way...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:59 pm »
I tried it with goat butter and suffered huge breakouts on my face. Like I mentioned earlier, I am not sure if we should follow what our body craves (Atleast for some of us). It is like our genes are trying to trick our body... after all, our genes only care about their own survival and not of the host (the body). Maybe what I just said is a load of bullshit. All I know is, if I ever eat tons of fat, or tons of carbs (even if they are from non grain sources) it leads to breakouts. It seems that the only way for me to control my breakouts is to:

Dairy will mess you up.  it's designed, by Mother Nature, to make you crave more and more, so little mammals will eat a lot and get bigger.  You probably would have a lot of trouble eating that much grassfed backfat, for instance. It gives a much faster taste change to most people.  I, OTOH, can eat more backfat than butter, but I suspect you would be the opposite.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:07 pm »

Getting a huge breakout right away may have been a good sign. I had a hiuge breakout too right before my acne totally went away. It means your body is pushing out all the pimples right away that would have otherwise come out over a longer period of time.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 06:20:33 am »
Getting a huge breakout right away may have been a good sign. I had a hiuge breakout too right before my acne totally went away. It means your body is pushing out all the pimples right away that would have otherwise come out over a longer period of time.

This can be true.  Certainly raw foods tend to cause sudden, extreme changes, versus cooked/processed foods, which cause more gradual/slow changes.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 05:38:11 am »
This can be true.  Certainly raw foods tend to cause sudden, extreme changes, versus cooked/processed foods, which cause more gradual/slow changes.
Interesting. I obviously do not want any huge breakouts... as I want to avoid scarring.

Maybe I should gradually go raw instead all at once.

Maybe the goat butter wasn't the exact reason for my breakout. I do, however, know that ghee causes me acne 100%
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:58:42 am by TylerDurden »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »
all dairy needs to be raw or it will cause problems. I would never touch pasteurized dairy thats disgusting.

And dont worry about scarring going 100% is probably easiest because it lets you forget about cooked food the fastest. You shouldnt worry just eat all raw food and everything will definitly get better especially if you eat mostly raw fat.
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »
all dairy needs to be raw or it will cause problems. I would never touch pasteurized dairy thats disgusting.

And dont worry about scarring going 100% is probably easiest because it lets you forget about cooked food the fastest. You shouldnt worry just eat all raw food and everything will definitly get better especially if you eat mostly raw fat.

Thanks for the support. I can do this! I need to find me some raw dairy a.s.a.p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk