Author Topic: I haven't pooped in a week and I don't feel constipated, what gives?  (Read 111462 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
I've been eating a ton of fat. I don't feel bad or lethargic (aside from yesterday after a bad high meat incident). I have only pooped about 3 little nuggets (not on the same day, really small) about 3 days into VLC/RPD. My intestines maybe feel like theres a bit in there, but I'm not bloated. In fact my stomach feels the most flat it ever has.

Fruit I've had: about 6 blueberries today. A lemon yesterday. Day before that ZC. Before that 1/2 tsp honey and a few grapes. I am trying to keep things simple. A week seems like a long time for no BM. Is it just the adjustment period?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: I haven't pooped in a week and I don't feel constipated, what gives?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:19:29 am »
Yes, it's because you drastically decreased fiber intake. Eventually you'll have a small BM once in 2-3 days or so.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:27:52 am »
So I guess as long as I don't feel like I have to go I shouldn't worry?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:48:34 am »
It's likely the decreased fiber intake. If you're concerned fermented foods (plant foods, not sure about animal foods) might help.

I was pooping infrequently before I added in fermented plant foods. I find pickles are the easiest recipe and require the least prep time.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:35 am »
Drink a lot of water.  that's important when you're low-carb.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 06:43:18 am »
It's likely the decreased fiber intake. If you're concerned fermented foods (plant foods, not sure about animal foods) might help.

I was pooping infrequently before I added in fermented plant foods. I find pickles are the easiest recipe and require the least prep time.

Love me some pickles. I'll give it a shot.

Drink a lot of water.  that's important when you're low-carb.

I have been doing about 1/2  gal a day. I'll up it to near a gal today.
-Dustin

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:56 am »
I'm wanting to know if this is best and easiest for the colon?
I was told after colon surgery I needed lots of fiber so i wont strain to get little poo's out.  Turns out I have stress knots along those muscles that let stools evacuate and so they dont evacuate unless I make diarrhea (lots of mag. Citrate). Literally it's "tight a_s." although the medical name is "anismus".

I wonder if your approach would be helpful for me too?

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »
I've noticed that for me when I eat too many carbs with fat that I start to have more trouble passing. If I eat high fat low Carb for a week, no prob. If I eat zero fat on my high Carb days (100+ g) and include sauerkraut and other fermented foods it keep my bowels moving. It may just be the fermented foods but experiment and find out your limits. YMMV. But ferments have been great.

-Dustin

Offline Pumkin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 09:29:35 pm »
Thank you Dr. D. 
I just realized this post was from June.
Basically it sounds like its not low carb, high carb, or low or high fats that make a greater impact - it's all about ferments.

I guess my question was - isn't it easier on the colon to not be loaded with plant foods high in fiber? Like you were doing when you origanally posted this question?

ripe fruit and raw meats in theory seem to be easier on the colon, but that's just my thinking. I haven't givin it a long trial run. 

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 10:42:48 pm »
The theory around carnivorous circles is that fiber is necessary to help pass any sugar/carbs you have consumed. On a cooked ZC diet, your body has to work a lot harder to digest the fat and meat and can't use everything there, since the fat and protein cells are denatured. On a raw ZC diet, this isn't an issue and in fact Lex Rooker is the best example since he had a colonoscopy and his doc said he had one of the strongest and healthiest colons he had ever seen.

Fruits have all the necessary fiber within them to digest any sugar that is present. Apples are one of the highest brix fruit around and they also contain one of the highest fiber contents. Its a beautiful system. Eat as nature does and you should be okay. Its the processing that leads to problems.
-Dustin

Offline Snamisolnsew

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »
I really liked this information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk