Author Topic: Brushing Teeth Primal Style  (Read 51693 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Brushing Teeth Primal Style
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 12:58:16 am »
Hi there, I use dental blotting and oil pulling- no toothpaste, brushing or flossing.

How do you do the blotting?  If you don't want to explain, can you recommend a very good link?  Thank you Elainie.

Blotting techniques explained here with a great vid explaining it, the 3 pound 50 is way too expensive tho, get em in bulk from the states for about 2 dollars each, about 1 pound each ...

http://www.anousta.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=183

Available for $1.50 here ...

http://sava2th.com/product5.html

Oh, roony posted some.

***Do this proceedure twice a day.  We both do this and it really does work but people often resist change****
FINAL TIP  Once a week hold a small amount SILVER SHIELD GEL in your mouth for 6 minutes to kill any bacteria that you might just have missed and AVOID those expensive trips to the Dentist. After 6 minutes just swallow it.

Funny they say to swallow the stuff, whatever it is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:03:46 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 01:07:42 am »
charcoal might work

Have you tried it yet?  I just bought some powdered bulk activated charcoal.  Some ladies in the health co-op swear by it for everything from skin to stomach to commercial creativity.  Maybe we'll try it on teeth.  I don't think it could hurt.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 04:07:05 am »
i completely stop brushing my teeth after being rawZC. if i need to clean my teeth (like after eating sea food or so), than i put some baking soda tip of my fingers and rub on my teeth. that's all.
bugs or country chickens

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28:56 pm »
i completely stop brushing my teeth after being rawZC. if i need to clean my teeth (like after eating sea food or so), than i put some baking soda tip of my fingers and rub on my teeth. that's all.

I agree baking soda is the best, why... cause it works, its simple, its mega-cheap, it lasts a long time, and not only can you clean your teeth you can clean your whole house with it too  :o I love a product that can be used for many different things!!!

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 01:32:23 pm »
Oh and if you need more whitening power use pure Xylitol with the baking soda, that stuff works great and tastes sweeeeet! Sometimes I go on a coffee or tea drinking marathon or I eat a salad of ground beets so a little extra stain removal is needed....the xylitol/baking soda makes it so white my eyes hurt...

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 02:12:32 am »
    Have you tried it yet?  I just bought some powdered bulk activated charcoal.  Some ladies in the health co-op swear by it for everything from skin to stomach to commercial creativity.  Maybe we'll try it on teeth.  I don't think it could hurt.

Can't quote you any studies, but a friend told me that ingesting charcoal (accidental or otherwise) is a very bad idea. It is a carcinogen I am led to believe. Not meaning to sound nasty, but health food stores are an excellent source of nonsense. Expensive nonsense. They frequently sell awesome crap.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 10:25:55 am »
Can't quote you any studies, but a friend told me that ingesting charcoal (accidental or otherwise) is a very bad idea. It is a carcinogen I am led to believe. Not meaning to sound nasty, but health food stores are an excellent source of nonsense. Expensive nonsense. They frequently sell awesome crap.

I was highly doubtful of charcoal too I have not taken any and have not tried it as toothpaste yet. I read some convincing arguments that for some reason it's not carcinogenic. I do not believe it is good to eat it. It absorbs away all your nutrients. The health food store is a strict vegetarian one. I just like some of their produce better than wholefoods and they have a great bulk herb/hab section too.  I think every one of the hf's employees are vegetarian too.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:33:20 am by RawZi »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:33 am »
Duuuude....isn't charcoal the stuff you get left after burning wood and other substances, that cannot be good for you to ingest.
Even people that love to eat BBQ'ed charred food are warned to not eat the burnt parts.
Honestly I wouldn't rub that on my teeth and gums, even if you're not swallowing it you are rubbing it into your gums, its absorbed that way, eeek!

Offline Ppgbenjy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 10:18:45 pm »
By far the most amazing way to brush my teeth was with pure tea tree oil extract

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:09 am »
Honestly I wouldn't rub that on my teeth and gums, even if you're not swallowing it you are rubbing it into your gums, its absorbed that way, eeek!

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on their experience of brushing with it.  I can't do that, as I haven't tried it.

By far the most amazing way to brush my teeth was with pure tea tree oil extract

Are you on the primal diet?  I see no other info about you besides this post.  How do you care for your teeth now?

It's funny, this discussion in the AV PD section, and practically nothing here yet and absolutely nothing here lately that he approves or suggests.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 02:47:00 am »
my toddler's teeth is in perfect condition. i stop brushing my toddler's teeth for the past 5 months. his teeth gets little yellow sometimes, but when he chews on an apple or other things, his teeth gets brighter immediately. he never eats cooked food in his life. one and half yrs ago, he was raw vegan, i brushed his teeth every once a week, 'cause, his mouth was stinky when he used to wake up in the morning. since i put him on ZC RPD, he doesn't stink anymore.

i need to brush my teeth everyday. i guess many yrs of consuming cooked food and malnutrition effect my teeth. on ZC RPD, my teeth is very clean, but end of the day, i feel i need to brush. so, i use only baking soda, that's all.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »
left after burning wood and other substances, that cannot be good for you to ingest.

I still haven't tried it.   I actually read some convincing stuff (not in pd papers) about charcoal over burnt BBQ.  I still have the full bag.  Maybe I'll try it soon to tell you and Raw-Al and see if I can locate what I read about it.  It was over a year ago and I just moved.

I still stick by terramin.  It is an amazing healing thing.

Are you on the primal diet?  I see no other info about you besides this post.  How do you care for your teeth now?

Ben, I apologize if this is what you're angry about. If it's about me posting I didn't like the taste of the beef-heart on 30BaD, that seems likely given the timing of your pm, even though it's the only other thing I ever saw you post.  Whatever it is, please don't be vulgar next time.  Enough.

As for you being raw paleo, I believe you are.  Post! :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:00:26 pm by RawZi »

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 01:17:56 am »
Now it's many yrs past and my son is five yrs old and doesn't brushes his teeth. Matter of fact he forgets that every human being in this society brushes their teeth and that is norm. He gets almost perfect teeth. 24 hrs fresh breath and absolutely healthy gum. Animals in the jungle never brush their teeth and we are the only one who invented brushing our teeth. No need of brushing teeth. Also high meat consuption is very crucial, if u decide to not brushing ur teeth.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:03 am »
Hi Raw,
can you clarify - you say your son is now on ZC RPD and also that his teeth whiten after eating an apple - ZC is zero carb and an apple contains carbs? Was the comment about eating apples from when he was raw vegetarian?

his teeth gets little yellow sometimes, but when he chews on an apple or other things, his teeth gets brighter immediately. .... since i put him on ZC RPD, he doesn't stink anymore.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:38 am »
My son was raw vegetarian before he was 2 yrs of age. Then I switch into RPD. When I wrote this comment, he was already on RPD. He used to have an apple or orange once in a week. But now my son eats 10 or 15 oranges a day. Also he loves apples, but he doesn't consume that everyday. On our way toupstate NY every weekend, we stop our car and get some fresh free apples by the road sides. I can't force him to stop that. He eats everyday organs, muscle meat, bonemarrow.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 10:53:16 pm »
I brush with bentonite clay paste. Its is less abrasive than most clays, so it is gentle on teeth. I make it by adding a little water and leaving it in a jar to absorb the water. I make a weeks worth and make more before it is gone so the clay can rehydrate. When I first used clay I had some constipation so, I think it is best to start with clay water only to transition. High meat also helps the transition.
   I love it, Thoth told me about it so I give him full credit. Oh yeah and swallow the clay so you get the benefit of clay and your own bacteria.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 12:32:55 am »
I am curiuos as to why you would want to put anything with any abrasion on your teeth regularly. It will erode your teeth, which means they will be smaller as you get older and thus more fragile.

The whole brushing thing was a marketing ploy for the Pepsodent company where they sold garbage that actually wears away the teeth and causes decay by taking away it's natural defences..

There is a book written by a famous adman who was paid a fortune to make ads to sell the nonsense. He made a fortune for himself and the the manufacturer and went on to sell other unsellable things.

I am certain you don't eat sugar or any non-raw things so teeth rotting should be a non-issue.

Bad breath is primarily a digestive issue.
Cheers
Al

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2012, 08:05:06 am »
I also like the bentonite paste,  leaves the healthy bacteria intact in your mouth. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:53 am »
I currently brush with coconut oil, and I don't rinse my mouth out afterwards.  Leaving a little coconut oil on the teeth is helpful for the teeth and gums, I think.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 09:53:46 am »
I agree Al, I wouldn't brush with the stuff daily, but our teeth are resilient and alive and can handle a polish once a week or less, which is about how often I do it. I don't think even brushing would be necessary at all if you were eating all raw foods that are part of your natural diet, but I eat between ten and twenty percent cooked and the clay (not bentonite for me, I use other french clays) gives the little oomf necessary to really get any of that garbage off. But even if I wasn't eating any cooked foods, I eat a lot of deeply colored foods like veggies and dark berries/cherries and I would still once in a while polish them with clay to get them their pretty whitest. When people find out that I haven't used toothpaste in years nor been to the dentist, and my teeth are fairly white, it causes them to pause and think about the scam that's being pulled on them. Even if they don't make a change, it's still a seed planted that may grow in to free thought.

And what was the bit about being certain she doesn't eat sugar or uncooked foods?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 10:49:23 am »
And what was the bit about being certain she doesn't eat sugar or uncooked foods?
It may have not read easily. I was saying that raw food doesn't seem to cause rotting teeth. Whereas sugar and cooked food does.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:58 am »
AL, u r sooo RIGHT. That is the explanation why my son never brushes his teeth. He is on 100% raw food diet. Everyday brusing itself is a very bad ddeal in general, forget the ingridient that we use as paste.
bugs or country chickens

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 10:15:05 pm »
i did brushing with terramin clay only for several months. then i decided it wasnt necessary and now i brush with the clay once a week or less. theonly time i brush is when i see some buildup between my teeth and gum, not sure what that white stuff is called but the clay takes care of it easily. other than that i think eating cheese or swishing milk around in my mouth before swallowing is giving my teeth all the cleaning they need. my teeth feel very nice after the cheese or milk.
-----------

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
I have been inspired by this topic to start brushing my teeth with ground Allspice - it is soft enough not to damage enamel and it leaves a nice smell  ;D

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 09:12:45 pm »
My teeth weren't getting white with moist bentonite like they do with paste. I use all natural and fluoride free for now. I'm spilling a little ketones everyday trying to eat fewer carbs. It is effecting my stomach, breath, and mouth, most noticably in the morning -[. I'm feeling fine and loosing a little weight, so I think it is just a transition, but there is more plaque on my teeth too, even though my diet is perfect. I'll try again to switch to clay in another month or so when I stabilize.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk