Author Topic: How much do you guys spend a month on food?  (Read 22349 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
How much do you guys spend a month on food?
« on: June 06, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »
I spend about 500-600

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How much do you guys spend a month on food?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:42:07 pm »
I spend about 500-600

Wow! That's a lot.

I spend about $50/week on animal foods. Then I might spend another $20-30/week on plant foods. So $250-350/month. I buy my animal foods in bulk which really helps, and I'm always looking for deals. Also since I eat mainly beef fat (7.5 oz daily), and I get that for like $1.55/lb, it helps keep costs down.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:05:49 pm by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:03:14 pm »
I spend c. 340 euros a month on food, overall.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:28:21 am »
I spend about $700, some of which my wife eats.  Probably $600 for myself.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:23:01 am »
How are you guys spending so much? Do you guys eat beef fat?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 03:37:42 am »
My monthly mean average for the last 3 months is about 640 euros.

And yes I eat beef fat.

I eat a lot of organic berries which aint cheap.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 03:51:02 am »
My monthly mean average for the last 3 months is about 640 euros.

And yes I eat beef fat.

I eat a lot of organic berries which aint cheap.

that is about $850 a month.  Real healthy food is expensive, but if you think about it, long-term, eating unhealthy food is WAYYY more expensive because of all the health issues that unhealthy food brings.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:57:49 am »
that is about $850 a month.  Real healthy food is expensive, but if you think about it, long-term, eating unhealthy food is WAYYY more expensive because of all the health issues that unhealthy food brings.

its so true. I've wanted to add up all those little things we no longer get being RPD, and see how much is actually saved. Personally, I have spent a fair amount per month on supplements for the last year that helped a little, or short term then effectiveness waned. Not to mention trying to convince my family (who already believes in the power of healthy foods) that health insurance benefits us in no way because there is no long term treatment we would accept and emergency can't deny you. We were paying $4000 a month btw... Imagine the raw foods that could be eaten by 4 people at that cost and STILL have money left over.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 05:01:37 am »
Real healthy food is expensive, but if you think about it, long-term, eating unhealthy food is WAYYY more expensive because of all the health issues that unhealthy food brings.

Very true. If you look at the cost of cancer treatment, assuming you get conventional treatment and not one of the more natural alternatives, it can bankrupt the average person.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »
I probably spend more than anyone else here due to my combo eating tons food and living in nyc
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:59 am »
its so true. I've wanted to add up all those little things we no longer get being RPD, and see how much is actually saved. Personally, I have spent a fair amount per month on supplements for the last year that helped a little, or short term then effectiveness waned. Not to mention trying to convince my family (who already believes in the power of healthy foods) that health insurance benefits us in no way because there is no long term treatment we would accept and emergency can't deny you. We were paying $4000 a month btw... Imagine the raw foods that could be eaten by 4 people at that cost and STILL have money left over.

My family has health insurance covered by their jobs fortunately

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:00:59 am »
I probably spend more than anyone else here due to my combo eating tons food and living in nyc

NYC is expensive. I was down there one summer.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 07:27:29 pm »
How are you guys spending so much? Do you guys eat beef fat?

I eat a lot of seafood.  I actually get it at a discount,  there's a couple of lesbians who drive their truck (I call it the "lesbian seafood truck" ROFL) to the coast every weekend, and buy a bunch of super-fresh seafood at wholesale, and sell it off the back of their truck every week, here in the VA mountains.  It's more fresh AND cheaper than the grocery store.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »
(I call it the "lesbian seafood truck" ROFL)

I loled pretty hard at this.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 09:01:20 pm »
My food may be the cheapest.  Fresh raw fatty sirloin is 300 pesos per kilo. Fresh Raw tuna at 350 per kilo, oysters in shell at 50 pesos per kilo.

Exchange rate is 1usd = 41 pesos
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 11:54:18 pm »
My food may be the cheapest.  Fresh raw fatty sirloin is 300 pesos per kilo. Fresh Raw tuna at 350 per kilo, oysters in shell at 50 pesos per kilo.

Exchange rate is 1usd = 41 pesos

Considering the income levels where you live, that's not especially cheap. You pay about 1/3 what I would for those same foods, but the incomes there are also much lower.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 12:05:58 am »
My family has health insurance covered by their jobs fortunately

TINSTAAFL! (There's no such thing as a free lunch.) Insurance benefits are a part of our incomes that we do not get to decide on. "Coverage" means that the employer spends some of our pay in a specialized way.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 12:08:52 am »
Considering the income levels where you live, that's not especially cheap. You pay about 1/3 what I would for those same foods, but the incomes there are also much lower.

Yes, I need a bigger business.  I'm feeding a BIG BIG household.  Too many.  They consume so much more meat when they cook meats.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 01:22:21 am »
TINSTAAFL! (There's no such thing as a free lunch.) Insurance benefits are a part of our incomes that we do not get to decide on. "Coverage" means that the employer spends some of our pay in a specialized way.

and I HATE this. I should be able to decide if I want to "waste away" by denying health insurance (that I wouldn't use, aside from emergency, which often isn't covered anyway) and using the money for my own personal health. And probably have some left over, I'm thrifty.  ;D
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 03:25:58 pm »
Health insurance is useless except for broken bones. I need to learn to fix broken bones and gunshot wounds/stab wounds all that stuff so I wont need them for that either. Once I learn that health insurance will be completely useless.
-----------

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 08:38:26 pm »
About $200/Month
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:25 pm »
Health insurance is useless except for broken bones. I need to learn to fix broken bones and gunshot wounds/stab wounds all that stuff so I wont need them for that either. Once I learn that health insurance will be completely useless.

gunshot wounds/stab wounds?  :o

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:30 am »
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 12:10:46 am »
gunshot wounds/stab wounds?  :o

gunshot wounds stab wounds broken bones/trauma injuries in general are pretty much the only things health insurance is good for and even with that stuff they often fuck up and people will get things amutated for no reason because of infections at the hospital and whatnot.

I think goodsamaritan knows some people in the phillipines who fix such things naturally. I recall one video where sifu sam fixed his sons broken bones using some sort of herbal cast and I recall it worked quite well.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:18 am »
gunshot wounds stab wounds broken bones/trauma injuries in general are pretty much the only things health insurance is good for and even with that stuff they often fuck up and people will get things amutated for no reason because of infections at the hospital and whatnot.

I think goodsamaritan knows some people in the phillipines who fix such things naturally. I recall one video where sifu sam fixed his sons broken bones using some sort of herbal cast and I recall it worked quite well.

I would imagine something like that would bring nutrients direct to the source, allowing the body to do with work from there. I think the reason western medicine has emergency down so well is because they are good at two things: surgery and stabilizing people. With their advent of sterilization, surgery becomes commonplace, and anesthesia that safely puts people under and numbs them really helps them stop flailing from pain while trying to stop their bleeding.
-Dustin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk