Author Topic: Why are people bashing Raw Paleo?  (Read 47766 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Why are people bashing Raw Paleo?
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2013, 12:42:34 am »
Take it to PM please. The irony of the direction of the thread and its title. I'm tired of reading about us bashing each other.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2013, 01:00:24 am »
Take it to PM please. The irony of the direction of the thread and its title. I'm tired of reading about us bashing each other.

I think you can learn a lot from this guy.
He's like a vegan, stating shit without knowing.
I started this thread. Of course I'm going to openly address someone who's bashing me on it?

Its messed up that everyone here turns on each other so quickly.
The modern human condition at it's finest. Every man for himself.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2013, 01:09:32 am »
Im looking for truth about health.. Im asking hard questions perhaps. I think its dangerous for you, me or anyone else to say that their diet is perfect. Unless u can back it up hardcore with not just numbers, but results aswell. See, Im fairly new to this diet as I will admit, but you and some others are quite experienced. So for me as a newbie to ask questions shouldnt be bad as long as you can answer them with something other than.. "it just works" or "it works for me so it is truth". It seems like I have to be controntational sometimes to get some answers or evidence or results..

Is it wrong for me to ask alot of questions? Is it wrong for me to wanting proof in the lines of bloodwork, healthy physiques, and all this without drugs, supplements or whatever?

Tyler, you obviously stated that Poncho didnt say anything rude, so let me use her way of asking this to you:
 "Why doesnt it click in your head that Im just searching for evidence and in the end, truth?"
So what? Some people like Poncho have experienced wonderful effects from a rawpalaeodiet and have no reason to question it. That is their right. Also, as regards photos/bloodwork etc, such things mean absolutely nothing. I've seen photos that made very ill people look absolutely healthy and vice-versa, and checking cholesterol-levels is meaningless as the science is completely divided as to what high/low/good/bad cholesterol even means etc. etc. At the end of the day, one can only experiment on one's own to see what works. Granted, one can sometimes thereby foul things up (I, for example, chose to consume raw dairy for a time, which was a disaster), but one can't expect others to be perfect, either.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:29 am »
Granted, one can sometimes thereby foul things up (I, for example, chose to consume raw dairy for a time, which was a disaster), but one can't expect others to be perfect, either.

haha I did the raw dairy thing for a bit, too.
brain injury + dairy = outrageous magnesium deficiency

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2013, 05:32:30 am »

Your right Dr. D ;). I knew what I was getting myself into, but did it anyway.. this time Im really out of this topic  8).
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »
Also, as regards photos/bloodwork etc, such things mean absolutely nothing.

You can hardly say that blood tests mean nothing. They can provide a very useful insight into one's health status. You can test your blood for a lot more than just cholesterol. As for cholesterol, I think it's pretty well agreed amongst most nutritional scientists that HDL cholesterol is 'good'  and that LDL and VLDL are 'bad'.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:57 pm »
You can hardly say that blood tests mean nothing. They can provide a very useful insight into one's health status. You can test your blood for a lot more than just cholesterol. As for cholesterol, I think it's pretty well agreed amongst most nutritional scientists that HDL cholesterol is 'good'  and that LDL and VLDL are 'bad'.
Not really. Scientific concensus on diet changes all the time. I gave the example of cholesterol as it is a classic case where people aren't really sure re its status as regards health. There's books like the cholesterol myth etc.

Point is food science and its impact on the human body are still heavily misunderstood. There is, thankfully though, a lot of  solid data on the harm done by heat-created toxins in cooked foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk