Author Topic: Your mangoes might not be raw  (Read 1982 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Your mangoes might not be raw
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:55:09 am »
If you live in the U.S. and your mangoes are imported, they might not be raw.

I noticed on a box of mangoes I bought it said "hot water treated" and did some googling. I can't find where I saw it but mangoes are put into a bath of 117 degrees Fahrenheit for 60-120 minutes.

How many other fruits, vegetables, and (we already know) nuts are heat treated?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Your mangoes might not be raw
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:00:34 am »
Damn U.S and their fear of parasites and bacteria. Bunch a babies every last one of 'em. Some time I'd just like to juice 'em...
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:45:54 am »
Thanks for the heads up. Most imported fruits and veggies are required to be either heated, sprayed with chemicals or irradiated, per this:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/manuals/ports/downloads/treatment.pdf

If you want to avoid that in the USA, you'll need to eat US fruits, and probably mostly local.

I guess Frealee isn't the only "100% raw" 811er who isn't really 100% raw. lol
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:38:58 am »
Other dangers with mangoes is that most are sprayed to flower, then sprayed so the fruit is not eaten by some fungus growth, then some are stored in kalburo chemical like gunpowder to force ripen.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk