Author Topic: Antidiuretic Hormone  (Read 18076 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Antidiuretic Hormone
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:52:56 am »
Hi,
I have figured out a problem that has been absolutely haunting me for a couple of years now.
Long story short, I need to find a way to increase my body's production or retention of ADH (Antidiuretic hormone).
I would have thought that my body would take care of this on it's own,
but it hasnt yet.
I have been 100% raw paleo for over 6 months now,
do I keep waiting, or can I speed this up?
I find myself dehydrated most of the time, regardless of how much water or coconut water I consume.
I would think that it is worth a bit of intervention to help me along

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Antidiuretic Hormone
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:02:20 am »
That hormone sounds interesting -- I'll have to look it up. Never heard of it. Thanks.

I've read elsewhere and in this forum, I believe, that adding some salt / electrolytes is important when consuming water for absorption of the water. Like that Iranian doctor of the book Your Body's Many Cries For Water. I figure you must have tried that. But remember, in his book he's says it can take up to 6 months or more for the body to adapt to better hydration. Due to lack of water, he believes various non-essential systems shut down.  The body needs to be confident that the supply of water will be consistent before restoring all systems. At least, that's how I remember the explanation in the book.

Also,  like the 'calorie is a calorie' myth -- I believe water is not just water. I understand there is a big difference in the 'form' or 'structure' of the water. For instance, distilled water has a poor structure, and it seems many aware/ instinctual people find the distilled water unacceptable. Natural spring water has a specific structure that not only purifies and neutralizes toxic substances, but the structure allows the water to be easily absorbed and used by the cells. The structure comes from the natural vortex and movements of the water.

Here is a video link of a video where they added a structured water unit to a strawberry field. After only two days, the BRIX measurement of the fruit increased significantly. Other youtube videos demonstrate increasing BRIX from structured water with plants. And the sellers of these devices have testimonials from dairy farms that get increased milk production when the cows drink structured water.
video link:  http://youtu.be/OaOh7LMxpxg

And then we know that fats are important for hydration:  (quote from Dr. Thomas Cowan's website)

Some might say drink more water. But ingested water doesn’t reach capillaries, at least not very effectively. What does cause efficient water production at the capillary level? Metabolism, and according to biochemistry texts:

* consumption of 10 grams of protein releases 4 grams of water
* consumption of 10 grams of carbohydrates releases 6 grams of water
* consumption of 10 grams of fat releases 10 grams of water.

This release of water comes only when sufficient oxygen is present in the blood., and moderate, regular exercise is the most effective way to release more oxygen into the blood.

Sufficient oxygen plus a metabolism in which cells live predominately on fats results in the most efficient pump, the healthiest circulation, and a healthier heart. Thus the strategy with any “dis-ease” of the heart is to slowly increase the percentage of healthy fats in your diet while at the same time increasing the amount of moderate exercise you do.

Best wishes on your road to better hydration. It's a good topic.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 04:31:16 am »
Ah yes my crazy friend awakened me to the world of water,
he showed me that documentary on the structure of water and that it holds memory.
Incredible.
It changed my whole perception of the world, as have many things I've learned since I began this crazy health journey.

Now THAT topic, is massive.

I'm not sure that any of us are able to really know just how big it is.
It changes everything, as all life on earth is made up largely of water.

Everything big ties together, and I'm not sure that the information has made it into the right hands yet. Or if it ever will, on time.
Because I fear that no ones mind is open enough for them to look back into everything that has made it to the present.
Hope you know what I mean, haha.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:33:47 am »
I can't rest anymore because I'm constantly thinking about all of this, and how big it all is, and that no ones putting it all together, and that I'm not a scientist so I cant do it on my own.

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:05 am »
yeah, the water stuff is massive. Huge change in consciousness.
Same with our health -- much more than meets the eye.
Therefore, we've got to rely on more than our puny brain.

I find I'm not alone with all this -- and I don't just mean everyone on this forum.
I find the raw diet helps the spiritual awareness, so I'm suspecting that you're getting the inner guidance that will show you the way. It's good to be reminded to keep asking, keep listening and looking, and let Life help us along the way.
The answers you seek will come.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 11:35:08 am »
do you use any salt or seaweed? if you aren't having proper salt balance you will not be able to hydrate properly. 

salt is extremely important in the diet because we don't get enough environmentally by bathing in streams, the ocean, always being in contact with mineral rich earth or through the foods our foods are consuming

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »
I can't rest anymore because I'm constantly thinking about all of this, and how big it all is, and that no ones putting it all together, and that I'm not a scientist so I cant do it on my own.

There are people who are putting this all together, but they are in research, not in the practice of seeing patients.

I read a lot of books and articles that are way over my head - even a simple article on biochemistry takes me about 7 readings before I understand it 10%. There was one researcher/author that had done research that I knew applied to me. I ended up emailing him with a question and he gave me a detailed and comprehensible response. He is willing to explain supplement dosages to me, and he suggests other nutrients that might be helpful.

You might try writing to someone who researches and writes about stuff where antidiuretic hormone comes into play. There might be someone on this forum who has written about your interest, too. I'm blown away by the knowledge of people here.

I do have doctors - my health plan M.D. and a naturopathic doctor that I pay on my own. Doing my own research with a researcher has paid off, so I use my M.D. for free lab tests and my naturopath for writing prescriptions that my M.D. will not write.

One of the issues in health care is when the doctor has lower expectations than the patient. It sounds like your doctors don't have expectations of 100% for you, but with your persistence, I can see you at 100% for sure.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:57 am »
do you use any salt or seaweed? if you aren't having proper salt balance you will not be able to hydrate properly. 

salt is extremely important in the diet because we don't get enough environmentally by bathing in streams, the ocean, always being in contact with mineral rich earth or through the foods our foods are consuming

This problem started far before I started raw paleo haha,
I was getting PPPPPLENTY of salt.
I've had this problem since summer of 2011
Its been an absolute joy

Here are my most recent iphone ramblings on the topic:
After years of searching for answers,
I ended up getting a live blood analysis,
She determined that my body was unable to retain water, even though it was clear that a lot of water passed through my system,
She didn't seem to understand this,
But I did.
It all made sense to me,
She gave me the next piece of my puzzle,
A piece that I just couldn't find on my own.
I felt so much relief,
Because I knew that she had given me the information that I needed.
Today I took the next step, and applied this new information to my search criteria.
Gold.
I have determined what causes my peeing problem.
I have a very rare condition that is usually acquired through injury.
Head injury is a common cause of this uncommon condition.
Cranial Diabetes insipidus.
It is caused by problems with the hormone known as ADH
ADH is stored in the pituitary gland,
I have been told recently about issues with my pituitary gland by my naturopath.
ADH regulates the production of urine. Without it, you can't retain water.

I felt like the water was being sucked out of me,
I could drink tonnes and then have to pee it all out immediately.
Even if I didn't drink much at all,
My body would often have me peeing large amounts.
I would relate 'it' to a diuretic, saying that 'it' would suck water out of my body to make urine.
So even if I didn't have to pee, it made me have to pee.

Guess what ADH stands for?
Anti-diuretic hormone.

Incredible eh.

This issue causes dehydration.
It never matters how much water I drink,
I can drink 3 glasses and then feel dehydrated complete with cracked lips.
It has something to do with stress or anxiety as well.
That always seems to activate it.
If I am stress free, I retain much more water.
I look and feel better.
But then stress hits,
It can be subconscious even,
And I have to pee immediately.
It can be constant.
It's horrible.

But now I know the cause.
Next I must find the solution, but how hard can that be?
haha

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »
i would still suggest seaweed, you need a full range of MINERAL SALTS, not just sodium.
potassium, magnesium and calcium and other trace minerals are totally important.

the adrenals need and crave salt and will go through them like mad when you are stressed. 

i am sure that your lack of producing this hormone is very basically a symptom of nutritional deficiency, cause either by dietary insufficiency or environmentally, weather it be physical, emotional or mental environment causing the body to react.

obviously the only natural and true way to stimulate the production of this hormone would be by clearning up yoru deficiencies.

i would suggest purchasing some good quality salt, eden brand is wonderful, some granulated kelp and some dulse and add these to your food or water. also some potassium and magnesium glycinate that are better taken in supplemental form.  you might be surprised at how drinking salty water helps you hold in water.   you don't want to be bloated but you should feel more property hydrated. 

also van add some kind of mineral mix to his water and has had good results, maybe reference that?

i used to have the same issue, 2 or more gallons a day, that would just go right through, i wish i had known back then the importance of salt and minerals, i just let it get worse, for years.

do you believe that you can heal your pituitary?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:22:02 pm by jessica »

Offline Chigirl46

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »
Poncho, I have the same problem with my ADH and I finally figured it out after years of feeling dehydrated. I have biotoxin illness or mold illness. My doctor said that 24% of the population aren't able to eliminate the biotoxins from mold and once it builds up in the system it causes inflammation. One of the classic signs is low ADH. There is a whole protocol to follow which you can read about at survivingmold.com

A grain free diet is actually recommended as well, so you are on the right track by eating paleo. I actually have to put sea salt in my water every day to stay hydrated. About 1 1/2 to 2 tsp a day. I also mix Ultima Replenisher in with my water too. I'm taking Cholestyramine to bind to the biotoxins.

Ago there good resource is the Bulletproof executive. He has a whole paleo type diet plan specifically for decreasing mycotoxin consumption in food and drink.

This post is from a while ago so I hope you are doing better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk