Author Topic: A vegan forum... bashing raw paleo  (Read 8822 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
A vegan forum... bashing raw paleo
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
Okay I guess no one but myself has topics to add to the omnivore board...

Anyways,
In every example ever that any plant eater has used to bash meat eating, they have never mentioned raw meat.
I thought lots of things, one of those thoughts was 'maybe they just dont know about it'

Who's seen this? haha
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26811-Raw-Paleo-Diet

This is equally as intelligent but much more amusing: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26811-Raw-Paleo-Diet&s=af3f9f116134f9c4e1feb42c7984e97d&goto=nextnewest
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:54:00 am by Poncho »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A vegan forum... bashing raw paleo
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:28 am »
It sounds like a lot of young girls who are ethical vegans, and who get their nutritional knowledge from the mainstream media. IOW, people with about 1% of the dietary knowledge that I have. I was vegan longer than most of the people on that thread have been, and I've been raw since before most of them hit puberty.  I don't see why their opinions matter much. None of them are even offering counterarguments re: the eating of sushi and steak tartare, etc..

It's just an echo chamber over there, it looks like. No dissenting views are allowed, encouraged, or voiced.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:05:50 am »
haha I wasnt saying that its a problem!
Well, its a problem. For humanity, but mostly them.
I find it really interesting and very funny.

Re: Will raising baby vegan prevent him from eating meat in the future?
"I have heard that argument. But I'd say this; all human babies are vegetarian at the least in the first few months/years of their lives and somehow their bodies adapt... Which shows both a) a vegan diet can be very healthy for infants (as long as you look into good nutrition there's no reason they can't flourish), and b) it is possible to start eating meat later on without any catastrophic allergic reaction... However, if we only grow to "tolerate" certain foods such as meat and milk, surely it's more healthy to avoid them?"

Does that not interest anyone?

Maybe its because I don't watch tv,
and this vegan madness is like a trashy reality show to me.

People are drawn to that kind of thing haha

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:35 am »
I agree with CK. I get tired wasting my time on 14 year old girls that can't bear to hurt a cow to eat.

The arguments they present could easily be turned on them, but that would never be allowed to be questioned on the forum. "people ate meat when they could kill something but how often was that? (asked in clear rhetoric) " but obviously not rhetorical, personally, I can get food for my whole family daily hunting. Granted i have a gun, but trappers and bow hunters seem to do damn well.

The same question could be flipped around, which the answer is what made me decide that meat and plant proportions should be flipped at 80/20%, I used to think plants had the majority; in the wild, we can't survive off plants.

they Joke about our "convenience" of meats, but I'm sure most of us eat more wild animals than they can find wild plants that are edible. Talk about a supermarket irony.

The fact remains, they see what they want, maybe when their health starts failing and b12 and calcium deficiency catches up from antinutrients they'll get the joy of being excommunicated as a "non-believing meat eating cannibal"
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:55:36 am »
I just thought it was an entertaining read!
Sorry! haha

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:10:15 am »
Re: Will raising baby vegan prevent him from eating meat in the future?
"I have heard that argument. But I'd say this; all human babies are vegetarian at the least in the first few months/years of their lives and somehow their bodies adapt... Which shows both a) a vegan diet can be very healthy for infants (as long as you look into good nutrition there's no reason they can't flourish), and b) it is possible to start eating meat later on without any catastrophic allergic reaction... However, if we only grow to "tolerate" certain foods such as meat and milk, surely it's more healthy to avoid them?"

hold on...  baby was born to drink milk...  mom's milk, with no allergies.  not cow milk, not goat milk, not soy milk...  milk, even from a human, is certainly not "vegan".  children raised on soy milk and other "non-mom" formula alternatives have been shown to have an increase in allergies, weak immune systems, and other development shortcomings...  i'm failing to understand how feeding your baby a vegan diet, with the deprivation of nutrients mentioned by dr d, could be considered "healthy"...  unless you feed baby the same supplements used to keep the mom's vegan diet "healthy", since her diet is obviously lacking... 

i agree, best not to get lost in the soap opera...  these people are silly...  "entertaining" in the sense of being like a three stooges episode...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:09:00 pm by TylerDurden »
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:17:15 am »
poncho: no need to apologize. It is entertaining, but sad. I'm amazed at how poor their reasoning is, must be the lack of saturated fats and healthy balanced hormone levels.

Bkr: I noticed that too: milk is not vegan... In fact, saying babies are healthy on raw mothers milk promotes raw paleo more, as the ag industry promotes formula when you get down to it.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:07 pm »
I really want to help them.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »
I think that's like trying to get Muslims to stop hating Christians. Veganism Is their religion.
-Dustin

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:42 pm »
haha I'm gonna try to do it.
I'm only 20, I've got a lot of time.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:41 pm »
Said with as much sincerity as possible, good luck. I hope for their sake they can be more open minded. Not saying its impossible, just difficult.

I see these vegan forum with people posting on their "great health" and the ones long standing are only 2 years into it, and on am array of supplements. Their pictures are either fat or sick looking, I highly doubt the majority there could out-athlete the majority here, even though we have a different sample size. Plus we have sully. ;)
-Dustin

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:28 am »
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?5880-Veganism-is-NOT-a-diet

This is why I think you'll have trouble getting to most of them. They don't want help. Wouldn't your time be better spent helping someone who cares? Not someone screaming fur is murder.
-Dustin

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 12:32:21 am »
As long as these crazies are out there promoting the fuck out of detrimental lies, the world has no chance of going in the right direction.

Everything I have read by them is almost as easy to prove wrong as it is to read in the first place.

I wont be able to rest easy till I know that I've done all that I can do to help set things straight.
And unfortunately, I think I can do a lot.

I think that we all can, its just whether or not we can recognize it.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:40 am »
keep in mind, you cannot help someone who does not want help...  the proverbial "you can lead a horse to water..."  comes to mind.

there is a difference between being an inspiration, and a "thorn in the side".  be cautious, your good will efforts could be interpreted as an "attack" (whatever your intentions may be).  this could open the door to some things you may not want to get involved with...  retaliation can be an exhausting ordeal, especially to the one on the defense (that could be you...).

don't lower yourself to their level.  keep your focus, and lead by example.  there will be people who learn from you, without confrontation.  some people catch on slow, just give them time...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:39:40 am »
haha I'm having so much fun and learning SO much.
I just chose a few especially vicious vegan youtube assholes, and started picking at them.
The things you can learn from there are invaluable.
I really recommend it.
The way I see it is, Its really teaching me so much, its teaching them or at least giving them a taste of their own medicine, and its potentially informing spectators. At the very least, its opening spectators eyes to something more.

I'm like a brick, my feelings can't be hurt anymore haha.
Its fun.

Learning is the only fun I have now.
Who cares if I just get attacked? Doesnt bother me at all. I'm smiling
At least I'm spreading awareness and learning more about the other side.

My goal is to unify everyone so that us humans can be on one team.
Obviously, I'll never reach my goal, but I'm helping the cause

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »
It's fine. I say let them die out of the gene pool...

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 09:18:06 am »
Okay I guess no one but myself has topics to add to the omnivore board...

Anyways,
In every example ever that any plant eater has used to bash meat eating, they have never mentioned raw meat.
I thought lots of things, one of those thoughts was 'maybe they just dont know about it'

Who's seen this? haha
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26811-Raw-Paleo-Diet

This is equally as intelligent but much more amusing: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26811-Raw-Paleo-Diet&s=af3f9f116134f9c4e1feb42c7984e97d&goto=nextnewest

My sister is one of the against animal cruelty vegetarians. She's the "in your face" kind of vegetarian too, so if you go to a restaurant she'll insult waiters for serving meat, she'll poke and insult your dinner plate and even if someone is wearing fake fur or cute animal ears she thinks it is animal cruelty.
One time we went to Hawaii on a cruise, I was dissapointed that we could drink unlimited amount of free alchohol but that we had to pay for non-alchoholic drinks.
Seeing as I'm a recovering alchoholic, not once did I complain that my family were drinking in front of me the whole time. But one night we sat down for dinner and my sister was again complaining about meat and they ordered alcohol and were starting to get tipsy, so I finally told them it bothered me, and asked them if they remembered that I was an alchoholic.
My sister turned to me and said, "Well I'm a vegetarian and can't eat meat and you don't hear me complaining about being around meat!"
I was so mad she had the nerve to even compare the two, it was the most uneducated statement I've ever heard, besides she complained the whole trip. Vegetarianism is NOT like alchoholism at all.

She was really happy when I got into raw vegan recipes, but she bashes the original paleo diet all the time.

One last story about my sister to end this, and it's a funny one.

One night her and her friends decided to go to a strip bar for the very first time, to watch male strippers. Some very attractive male strippers from Alberta stepped out onto stage and began to take off their clothes. The announcer shouted out, "Now, get ready for some real Albertan Beef!"
So my sister shouts out, "But I'm a vegetarian!!!!!!"
She's a blonde.... and the whole bar thought she was a lesbian that night!

Really, theres a time and place to preach about vegetarianism haha

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 11:05:04 am »
Maybe we can have a thread of people who have tried raw veganism and eventually caved in and re-included animal foods in their diets because they were dying.

Anyone saw Paul Nison on youtube admit it?  Something like that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:18:38 am by cherimoya_kid »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk