Author Topic: What are your passions?  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
What are your passions?
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:15:41 am »
What makes you tick? What makes you wake up in the morning excited about your day? I'm sure most of us would say nutrition/health/raw eating so let's just keep that minimal, unless you have an interested perspective on it.

For me:

-Music; particularly complex music, jazz, classical (art music), and metal. Sax, guitar, and drums, in that order. Music is truly something that is so important in my life, no matter how much happens, it always makes me feel better. It is something that, more than any understanding of history, culture, science, or similar belief/experience, has caused me to believe that God exists. Music is transcendent of humanity and it's universal impact is something that makes me feel unbelievably small and insignificant in a good way, and therefore blessed to be a part of. I'm happy that I'm able to make it my profession.

-Teaching; I really enjoy sharing myself and my knowledge with someone else. Gives me a sense of accomplishment and importance. I've always said, if music didn't exist, I'd still be a teacher. I love working with people and the joy I bring from helping others is incomparable.

-Dogs; particularly German Shepherds. I find the breed to be a step above any other breed. The companionship, determination, loyalty, devotion, and pure raw drive of a German Shepherd is life-changing.

-Controversial issues; I tend to develop mini-passions over time about things that are controversial, so I've decided that it is a passion of mine to go against the grain. For example; exercise doesn't need to be spending 4 hours a day at the gym, sleep doesn't need to be 7-8 hours nightly (Polyphasic was fun and the most difficult thing I've ever done), and I'm a Christian that doesn't think a person needs to say they believe in Christ to go to heaven (and not in the way of being a "good person" as many confused Catholic Americans believe). I like to make people get out of their comfort zone when around me.

Share your passions!
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What are your passions?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:47:16 am »
Truth Seeker.

- Linux and the web (now it's work)
- Money Systems (found out)
- Astronomy (electric universe is hot now)
- Health (in your face we can cure the incurables, longevity, nature)
- Sex (real sex, paleo sex)
- Children - future grand children (caring, raising, teaching)
- Family Survival (keeping it together)

looking for that next spark in bigger business to afford travel and more children related expenses

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:53:20 pm »
- Sex (real sex, paleo sex)

Do you find any interest in sex without love??
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »
Do you find any interest in sex without love??

if there is a reproductive chance...

enough about me, let someone else post their passions.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:39:21 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 05:39:11 pm »
Yes, that's interesting if both partners are the last specimens of an endangered species!  ;) :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 05:41:16 pm »
Yes, that's interesting if both partners are the last specimens of an endangered species!  ;) :)

Last I heard the Japanese have lost their sex drive.  16 - 19 yr old females 59% not interested in sex.  16-19 yr old males 36% not interested in sex. 

I think we are derailing this thread.

There are other passions out there other than sex.

Offline jesterhead

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:28 pm »
Electric Universe has some great videos on their Youtube channel. If the big bang did indeed happen, a whole lotta stuff expanded a whole lot faster than the speed of light.

- Science, mostly cell and molecular biology I like to read about. The more I learn about this type of diet tho (darwinian medicine, evolutionary medicine) the less I care to learn about the typical mainstream biology subjects.

- Computers, I am teaching myself C# at the moment.

- Music, heavy metal. Everything from Gothenburg metal to opera influenced and classical type bands.

- Coffee and tea, I stopped drinking both a month ago now, for the first time in 6+ years. One of the best things is studying/learning over coffee or tea. Makes the experience 10x better. I am going to get back into this hobby soon, I can feel it.

- Other hobbies that I develop for a few months at a time. Don't seem to have one right now.
Weston A. Price on obtaining knowledge from primitive cultures:

"It may be not only our greatest opportunity, but our best hope for stemming the tide of our progressive breakdown and also for our return to harmony with Nature's laws, since life in its fullness is Nature obeyed."

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 03:30:50 am »
way too much shit to list
and pretty much everything i am truly passionate about is illegal lol :)

i may or may not be referring to joel salatin here.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 06:01:24 am »
Understanding things, and stuff, in general - particularly fundamentals on which much else is built.

Through my passion for understanding things, I have come to stand up strongly for the ideology of Voluntaryism - which asserts that all human interactions should be voluntary, that the initiation of force or violation of individual negative/self-ownership rights should not be tolerated. I am passionate, only about truth, knowledge, understanding - philosophy in general. That passion therefore shines through to my understanding of specific topics(for example politics and health), though I am not directly invested/passionate in my own thoughts/theories - only in the pursuit of knowledge/understanding in general.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 07:58:13 am »
My passions are playing with my grandchildren, watching movies, reading both fiction and non-fiction, sewing/knitting/crocheting, drawing, gardening, and my job.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 10:05:18 am »
 :)    bicycles.     :D

not riding, although it can be fun.  fixing them.
i am a mechanic by trade, schooled and certified in automotive, small engine, turf equipment, diesel, etc...  my brain sees shapes and spacial relationships, i can't do numbers.  i compose three dimensional renderings in programs like autocad for fun...  geometry is common sense, but anything beyond basic arithmetic eludes me.

i'd like to say "my kids", but i have reasoned that into being also a "responsibility", not just passion...  i'm defining something as "passion" by omitting things i feel obligated to do, and keeping it to things i love to do...

i used to be passionate about poking smot, until i stopped...   now i realize just how much time and money i wasted.

:)    spending time with mother nature...  especially during a "lull" time (such as now), it is obvious to me just how much "the mother", and being in a position to connect with her on a personal level, means to me...  i love the outdoors, and witnessing the beauty and spectacle she holds...     :)
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 11:58:48 am »
I love looking into nutrition. Self healing has been a passion of mine for some time. I want to be the healthiest I can be.

I also love sports.

I love music too.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 05:29:26 pm »
Attraction

Through observation and research Im trying to find out what makes someone attractive (and succesfull).
After almost 8 years I have my theory, but Im still working out the details.
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 04:07:37 am »
Fertile nature. Green grass, clean water, happy cows, ripe fruit, beautiful women.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 04:15:51 am »
Hmmmh... women in the last position, after the cows and the fruits? LOL!  ;D

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 04:21:32 am »
Desserts come last after dinner.

Also, I can live pretty well without a woman but it's a lot harder to live well without a cow.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:38:28 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 11:58:18 am »
I can live pretty well without a woman but it's a lot harder to live well without a cow.

May I quote you? That's a great saying, and I want to find a place to insert it during my daily conversations. I plan to change only one of the nouns.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 02:02:11 am »
You know i was thinking. perhaps i just haven't been properly engaged with the right woman, and this theoretical right woman would surpass the benefits of the cow. however two thousand pounds of cheddar is not an easy score to beat.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 04:50:11 am »
this theoretical right woman would surpass the benefits of the cow.
;D ;D LOL!

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 09:37:14 am »
This becomes my passion too , 'Controversial issues; I tend to develop mini-passions over time about things that are controversial, so I've decided that it is a passion of mine to go against the grain. For example; exercise doesn't need to be spending 4 hours a day at the gym, sleep doesn't need to be 7-8 hours nightly (Polyphasic was fun and the most difficult thing I've ever done), and I'm a Christian that doesn't think a person needs to say they believe in Christ to go to heaven (and not in the way of being a "good person" as many confused Catholic Americans believe). I like to make people get out of their comfort zone when around me.'
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk