Author Topic: Where to buy meat in Ottawa?!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Where to buy meat in Ottawa?!
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:36:56 am »
I'm in Ottawa (ontario.. canada haha), and in desperate need of some good meat. Can anybody tell me where to go?

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy meat in Ottawa?!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:42:56 am »
 ???
this sounds like a familiar question...   
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:47:18 am »
I forget things a lot and move a lot, right now I'm temporarily in ottawa and out of food.
Simple question, I would be grateful for even a copy and pasted link as an answer.
Theres no need to make me feel like an idiot

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 02:27:41 am »
whoa...  easy...  it was never my intention to make you feel that way...

this is a handy link (thanks, jessica!).  where ever your travels take you, this can be referenced to locate some good food...  i saved it into my "favorites", so i can always find it.

http://www.eatwild.com/products/canada.html#ON

looks like most of the farms in ontario are about 3-6 hours from ottowa, this one in burnstown seemed to be close (about an hour away).  contacting some of the farms near ottowa, may lead to information on where the meats / foods are distributed close to you...
good luck, eat well...

Elm Tree Farm started out raising a few animals for their own consumption, "so we knew what we were eating." We have now grown a bit, but you have to order early. Our Highland beef is low in cholesterol and very tender, and it has no hormones, antibiotics, or additives.

The beef is available in the fall, and occasionally in the summer. Lamb is available in the fall.

All the meat can be picked up at the farm.

Elm Tree Farm, Andreas Haelssig, Burnstown Ontario K0J 1G0. (613) 432-5893. E-mail: khaelssig@on.aibn.com. Website: http://www.geocities.com/arkankennel/farm.htm

"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 03:53:18 am »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 05:02:31 am »
Hi Poncho,
I just moved from there to the "Wet Coast".

We used to get it from our (raw dairy also) farmer but he is a 50 minute drive out of town. Very reasonable prices tho.

However in town we used to get it from a butcher shop a few blocks from Parliament in the market area. Aubrey's Meats. Lots of choices. Might want to check again but they always told us it was organic grass fed beef.

I checked around town and as usual everyone says grassfed but they have no idea. What they really mean is grain finished.

The only other place is a place called Brian's which is in the Nepean Centrepointe area, but his is also grain finished, but at least it's organic. He gets an animal every two weeks and has fresh when he gets it.

Both shops are friendly BTW. Good luck.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 05:05:13 am »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk