Author Topic: Now that Aajonus has passed away...  (Read 12697 times)

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Now that Aajonus has passed away...
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »
I'd like to ask everyone what they would think of someone like me making a .pdf of Aajonus's book The Recipe For Living Without Disease freely available online.

For what this book has to offer it's virtually unheard of. Amazon is selling copies of it for $50-$100, wewanttolive.com is still offering it for $30 (although I'm not aware of their stock situation), and not enough libraries carry it. Word has been spreading too slowly.

Raw paleo is popular online but there is a glaring lack of information on it. This forum for example gets many, many more viewers than posters. There are lots of people searching for information here but there's relatively little discussion because people's access to info is restricted. Some people cannot afford to buy material like this, and many others will likely never hear of it. A well-seeded torrent and word-of-mouth could help change this.

Aajonus passing on makes me feel like the time has come for his perspective on health and nutrition to reach more people and hopefully improve their lives.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Now that Aajonus has passed away...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:24:20 pm »
Yes, that's a good idea, I think.

It'll give plenty of people, including me, the opportunity to read it and know what he said.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:31:11 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:06:37 pm »
The copyright does not expire upon the death of the author.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »
True, but I though of posting the link for it in the "members only" section. Now I checked and see there's no specific subsection for such use. Another way would be to send it by PM to members who ask for it, perhaps? 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:33:07 am »
I`m against this as it is breach of copyright. One would need the approval of his estate which would imply paying something. Using torrents may seem nice but could get rawpaleoforum eventually into trouble and shut us down.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:39:26 am »
I think the big issue here is who will inherit his estate. Assumedly there are lots of physical books in print that have yet to be sold, and their value will fall dramatically if the PDF is suddenly available on the Internet. Whomever inherits those books is the one whose permission you'd need to do this legitimately. They might give it, but you should at least ask.

Anyone know who AV named as his beneficiary?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 03:08:10 am »
True, but I though of posting the link for it in the "members only" section. Now I checked and see there's no specific subsection for such use. Another way would be to send it by PM to members who ask for it, perhaps? 
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:14:16 am »
I'm not convinced making a .pdf of this book will cause sales to drop dramatically. Some people simply can't or won't pay for things, and will go without. Others will never download a copy because they don't know how or don't want to. There's something to be said for owning a physical copy of something.

Louis CK, the comedian did an experiment where he created and offered a comedy special available for download. Almost immediately a torrent was created and basically stood side-by-side the pay-download. The special still cleared over $1 million in one week and many more copies were paid for than torrented. This was the case even though it was faster, easier, and free to torrent the material. The fact seems to be that people will acquire what they want in the way they're most familiar with, and are more than willing to pay for something when the price is reasonable and acquiring it is made simple.

All diets, and raw paleo is no exception, tend to fade into obscurity when a period of time goes by and no new work is published. Aajonus's death was a major blow to RAF diets because he was the most outspoken proponent of this approach.

I don't mean to argue this point in any way, I posted this thread because I want to gauge the opinion here and be told things I hadn't considered. This is not a black and white issue. Of course copyrights exist, but don't we all have an obligation to help each other heal? Do you think a copyright is more concrete than that? That is a perspective.

"If you say, 'I understand.' What have you done? You have made a value judgment."
-Lactac riddle

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 05:07:31 am »
I don’t know, but GC Burger’s fundamental book  has been translated into English by someone and put available on line free of charge by an unidentified guy. The author seems pretty comfortable with it — or at least he doesn't care. 
 To date, only 11 of us reported to have read it...

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 12:17:34 pm »
One tactic used against certain anti establishment individuals has been to put their for sale items up online free of charge to nasically cut off their funding source.

Alan watt has been dealing with this for years as well as people pretending to be him and selling his books for profit.

this is something to consider.

He is dead now so im not sure if its relevant.

Perhaps someone wills still use the proceeds of the book to promote raw paleo?

His book was the best 30 dollars I ever spent.
-----------

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »
Raw paleo is popular online but there is a glaring lack of information on it. This forum for example gets many, many more viewers than posters. There are lots of people searching for information here but there's relatively little discussion because people's access to info is restricted. Some people cannot afford to buy material like this, and many others will likely never hear of it. A well-seeded torrent and word-of-mouth could help change this.

Aajonus passing on makes me feel like the time has come for his perspective on health and nutrition to reach more people and hopefully improve their lives.

av,s books do not provide any information about the raw paleo diet. He promoted a diet with a huge amount of dairy, veg juice n honey. The only thing in common is raw meat.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 02:10:49 am »
There is no such thing as true raw paleo.
All of the pyramids around the world, the ancient prehistoric cities carved inside of mountains which housed tense of thosuands of people, ancient historical texts and all the ancient caucasian mummies in places where there were not supposed to be any caucasians among other things prove that the mainstream concept of history including our perception of paleo times is COMPLETELY false.

How did the sumerians have all of the stars completely mapped as soon as they showed up on the scene. No folks this was clearly not the first civilization.

There have been certain humans with access to very high end technology forever as far as I can tell who have always lived their lives of excess among their slave populations who never have any idea and simply brush any advanced technology which they dont understand as magic.

If you want to base your entire diet on your faith in the lies your leaders have told you about history go ahead. Id urge you to reconsider for your own sake.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 02:45:54 am »
*sigh*

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 02:57:32 am »
SVRN, sounds like you've been hitting the weed a little heavy again. I'm curious why you changed your avatar from a photograph of a Cannibis to ground meat?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 03:30:00 am »
Funny how you cant address any of my facts. While I come bearing facts for the betterment of the people you only bring snarky commentary.

personal attacks in lieu of an actual argument are the surest sign that someone lacks any true argument.

your ignorance also shows through in insulting the most essential and nutritious plant on earth for mans diet.

I exchanged one "paleo" food for another whats it matter to you? why I changed my avatar is none of your business but rest assured that I will continue to promote raw cannabis as the most important raw plant food on this planet.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:18 am »
also make note that this stuck up looking down on me attitude that I get with some of the info post on here IS THE EXACT SAME ATTITUDE ALL OF US FACE FROM 99.9 PERCENT OF OUR SOCIETY FOR THE WAY WE EAT.

as people who face this same attitude and must have by now ,after experiencing it directed at them personally for so long,  recognized that behaving in such a way is rude and reflects poorly on the person who is behaving in said manner.

The rest of the world thinks you guys are crazy. I hope you arent just realizing this now.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:49 am »
While he does sound crazy at times, Svrn makes a great point. I just posted a few wonderful points made by GCB about raw foods and I have people scoffing at me like I'm an idiot. So, I'll show him the same courtesy that I'd expect to be granted to me and listen.

Personally, I'm split 50/50 between the idea of

1.) the govt. being completely oblivious to the idea that grains are destroying us, solely in favor of scientific things that promote grains simply because of greed and knowing that changing our economy from a grain-based to an animal based (albeit still agricultural) would quite literally destroy the foundation of many of our systems and require too much rebuilding and self-sacrifice on the politicians part.

or

2.)The govt. really is controlled and based upon secret societies that get their jollies on control and making everyone sick and they find the easiest way to do it is through industrialized, synthetic, addictive, toxic, yet delicious franken-foods. They like the idea of all the people in the world working like ants for their benefit, everyone tired, angry, emotional, destroyed, and the only relief they get is that time "during" eating (BBQ's, potlucks, get togethers) where they share this poisonous food like a drug house sharing a heroin needle.

I don't know what's true or not, and frankly I can't tell if the knowledge of either would make a difference in my own life. I try to carry on the best I can and seek my own optimal health leaving out little clues for others that struggled the way that I have to ask me "what's different" or "why this" and other various invitational things.

I figured most of us are here because we do think differently than 99% of society. Why are Svrn's different thoughts so wrong?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 05:22:33 am »
Svrn, being treated like a lunatic is as much a function of how you carry yourself in the world as it is of what you put in your mouth. I eat raw meat, raw organs, raw fat, fermented vegetables, etc., and people who know full well what I eat treat me with as much respect as they treat anyone else.

When I go to potlucks among friends, I bring raw animal foods. People stare in disbelief, they hover around wondering if it's some sort of joke, they ask questions, I answer them in a patient and kindhearted way while sharing some of my experiences (this doesn't involve talking about secret societies, conspiracy theories and promoting drug addiction), they learn, some of them get daring and try some, more get daring and try some, and before you know it I'm taking home an empty plate at the end of the evening. I've even brought raw animal foods to a potluck with medical students and medical science faculty in attendance, people steeped in conventional wisdom, and some of them still tried it and by the end of the evening none treated me with the least bit of disdain.

It's not what you (or others) eat that causes people to treat you poorly, it's how you act! Take responsibility for your actions, and you'll enjoy different outcomes!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 05:42:08 am »
and how do you know how I act?

Iv had many people try my raw meat and dairy as well most of them saying they enjoy it when they do and some even eating it regularly now.

I have never promoted drug use so I can not say anyhting to that. Perhaps you confuse cannabis with a drug because it has mind altering properties even though it is just a plant? In that case I urge you to try a piece of the high meat (its called high because it gets you high) I have in my fridge. I assure you that it will alter your conciousness more and lift your mood more dramatically than cannabis ever will. But if you want to call that a drug as well then thats fine by me.

On the other side of that argument iv had even more people change their entire perception of the world after talking with me than iv had try raw meat.

The funniest part of all this is that based on my personal experience more people think its crazy to eat a raw animal food diet than who think my views on society are crazy!

-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 06:01:58 am »
My experiences have been similar to yours Eric. Most are pretty curious and ask a lot of questions. Thought I don't have many who try it.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 07:38:48 am »
iv experimented with eating in public many times.

One time i ate a chicken raw and crowds came to gawk at me. Any time i eat small game like that people gather to stare.

They think im very seriously mentally ill. Its not a laughing matter to most people at all. More like the shock one encounters when confronted with a profoundly disturbing and infectious sort of insanity. I find it quite amusing. Many even shy away as though It will get them sick many get offended.

When discussing the things which I get called crazy for here most people actually do not think im crazy. A fair deal of people think I am right and most other simply reserve judgement. It is a veryr are occasion when somebody calls me crazy discussing these things.

That is just my experience with both of these things on the same streets just to show you how funny it is for people on this forum to be calling me crazy and acting exactly like the rest of the brainwashed masses for any opinion that hasnt been spoon fed to them by society whether its by the top officials or officials masquerading as nobodies. The truly free minds are so few and far between.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 11:15:39 am »
The truly free minds are so few and far between.

I know.  You're a very original thinker, that's why I value your presence here.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:17 am »
Eating raw food makes me more of an original thinker than any of the other stuff.

Everything thing else I talk about is almost mainstream at this point. Everyone on the street is talking about the new world order and the illuminati nowadays and most think its at least partially true.

That stuff is so commonplace now that people dont blink twice when I talk about that stuff but when I eat raw meat in public crowds of people sometimes come to look at the maniac.

-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 01:10:38 pm »
I will admit that eating raw does seem to change one's perspective on things.  However, like me, I'm pretty sure you've been an eccentric character for a long time, not just since going raw.  You have to either be really physically ill, or really crazy, to eat this way. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »
The only thing that drove me to eating this way being incredibly sick.

I knew about the new world order years before starting this although my studies have proven much more fruitful since going raw due to my highly increased thinking ability.

Before going raw I had a common alex jones/david icke type of understanding both of which I now see the faults in and have gone far beyond with real research of the writings of the elites themselves rather than simply repeating what such pied pipers as those force down the throats the awakening masses to keep them from truly waking up. Alex Jones being one who ropes you back into the phony patriot movement that supports going back to an idyllic america that never really existed and david trapping you in the new age and making you jsut sit and vibrate your chakhras while convincing the world any talks of a ruling elite are crazy with ickes wild hallucinogenic talks of walking lizards.

-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk