Author Topic: finding a "doctor"  (Read 10565 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
finding a "doctor"
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:29:35 am »
Now that aajonus has passed away who can I send someone to for medical assistance if they are the type who is too scared to do it without an authority guiding them? Iv told this person what they need to do but they wont start unless they have the guidance of someone with an office and a diploma.

What I need is a doctor who heals using raw meat and dairy and no chemicals or surgeries. Id be willing to settle with just raw dairy as well as this person probably wont eat raw emat anyway.

I need someone in the NYC area.
-----------

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: finding a "doctor"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:56:45 am »
If they don't want to read then doctors on Youtube are probably your best option. People practicing medicine in the West generally can't recommend raw meat or even raw dairy to patients because it doesn't follow the approved method of treatment.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:14:28 am »
Topic moved to the "Primal diet" section.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:26:08 am »
Not a single practicing doctor can legally make recommendations in favor of raw meat and dairy.

What they can legally say is 'I (or my family) eat raw meat for these reasons and you have to make a decision for yourself' or something like that.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 05:50:28 am »
Sure doctors can legally recommend eating raw meat. People like Dr Mercola do. Then there`s Karl Loren and that Stanley Bass(?) guy. I do not know of any others.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:53:23 am »
time for global skype based doctors.
if your doc has to be in NYC then put out an ad in Craigs List or something local.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 06:53:59 am »
Sure doctors can legally recommend eating raw meat.

None of them will ever do such recommendations if they are holding current medical license.  I don't think Mercola has any medical license.  I think others you mentioned are not licensed to practice medicine as well.

I went to see one paleo friendly doctor to inquire about vaccines.  He said right away he is not going to recommend anything.  And he said I do not vaccinate my children because of these reason.  And you do whatever you think is best for you.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:17:31 am »
There's Dr. Tom Cowan at fourfoldhealing.com.  He's at least raw-friendly, and very into the traditional diets.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:25:08 am »
Theres definitly doctors who do recommend raw dairy. I know of one who people in my dairy club were talking to who prescribed someone a half pound of raw butter per day.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 11:58:29 am »
Theres definitly doctors who do recommend raw dairy. I know of one who people in my dairy club were talking to who prescribed someone a half pound of raw butter per day.

Any doctor associated with the Weston Price Foundation or the Price-Pottenger Nutritional Foundation will definitely at least be open to raw dairy.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »
None of them will ever do such recommendations if they are holding current medical license.  I don't think Mercola has any medical license.  I think others you mentioned are not licensed to practice medicine as well.
I heavily  disagree. Besides, I do not think one can legally call oneself a doctor unless one has a medical licence. Judging from my personal experience, it is private doctors who can get away with recommending raw meat. Doctors who work for the State are terrified of being fired from their hospitals so always support pharmaceutical drugs etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »
In the Philippines, doctors in private practice can do anything and recommend anything.
There are converts to alternative medicine and are still licensed Philippine MDs.

The Original Poster might be constrained to his country laws.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:04 pm »
I heavily  disagree.

You simply do not know how doctor business operates in the US.

You will not find a single doctor even in private practice who would prescribe raw meat if medical practice is their primary income.

Doctors pay ridiculous money for malpractice insurance and they will not recommend anything outside of mainstream for fear to be sued and losing license.

Consider this.  I come to paleo Doc and Doc prescribes me raw meat.  I get sick for whatever reason.  I can sue the Doc and will have no problem convincing the jury that raw meat was the probable cause.  The Doc surely will loose his license.

For that same reason absolutely all doctors prescribe antibiotics even for minor procedures.  Even if many doctors are against antibiotics.  Because if they don't and something goes wrong they would loose their license.

You are forgetting we live in real world not some fantasy land.

In real world a doctor can say under the table "Listen, I eat raw meat because it is good for your health.  I can't recommend you anything, you have to decided for yourself."

If you are still not convinced, I'm telling you, you'll never find such a doctor.

In the Philippines, doctors in private practice can do anything and recommend anything.

This is true for all 3rd world countries where lawyer groups are not major players.  In the US lawyers lobby is more powerful than bankers and even more powerful than famous Jewish lobby.
Malpractice insurance business is so rotten and broken but not a single politician with serious influence dares to bring this subject up.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
Your best bet is to look for reputable nutritional consultants and not focus on "doctors".
AV was a nutritional consultant.  He never had a license to practice medicine.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:24 am »
There are exceptions. I've already mentioned Dr. Tom Cowan, as well as the Price Pottenger Nutritional Foundation.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:54 am »
how can I find a nutritional consultant that uses raw meat and dairy?
-----------

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:42 am »
There are exceptions. I've already mentioned Dr. Tom Cowan

I checked his website http://fourfoldhealing.com/ and cannot find anywhere he is advertizing raw meat.  There is a cookbook he authored with Sally Fallon. And more links to cooked food articles.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 09:26:44 am »
how can I find a nutritional consultant that uses raw meat and dairy?

I don't think there are doctors, or even nutritionists that recommend raw animal foods. Like CK said, you might be able to find one in support of Weston Price promotes.

There are exceptions. I've already mentioned Dr. Tom Cowan, as well as the Price Pottenger Nutritional Foundation.

Any doctor associated with the Weston Price Foundation or the Price-Pottenger Nutritional Foundation will definitely at least be open to raw dairy.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 11:57:09 am »
I checked his website http://fourfoldhealing.com/ and cannot find anywhere he is advertizing raw meat.  There is a cookbook he authored with Sally Fallon. And more links to cooked food articles.

He's not going to just put it out there on his website.  However, I was able to get his office to fax a prescription to Northstar Bison for me for raw thyroid, no questions asked.  They are definitely raw-meat-friendly.  I don't know his personal eating habits, but I'm sure he'd be at least OK with raw meat, maybe even encouraging. 

If you really want to know, email him.  You can also email or call the Price-Pottenger foundation, and tell them what you want.  They will definitely be able to hook you up.  I know a number of them enjoy raw meat. They are very helpful over the phone.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »
I believe you.  I thought they would be more open about it.  It's like they are trying to hide it.  That prescription, was it on the RX form, or just a letter?  It could be they are simply giving nutritional advice.  I'll try to see if he is holding a current medical license.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:16:48 pm by ys »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:54 pm »
He is licensed. 

http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLookupSystem/PhysicianSurgeon/Lookup.aspx?licenseType=G&licenseNumber=86923

It shows he is practicing medicine part time 20-29h/week.  Maybe the the other time he is giving nutritional consultations.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 12:38:23 am »
He is licensed. 

http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLookupSystem/PhysicianSurgeon/Lookup.aspx?licenseType=G&licenseNumber=86923

It shows he is practicing medicine part time 20-29h/week.  Maybe the the other time he is giving nutritional consultations.

I think he does a lot of speaking engagements, too.

And I would email or call the Price-Pottenger foundation as well. 

Offline HeatherRoses

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 11:20:34 am »
Dr Ron Schmidt is a raw meat and raw dairy doctor in Connecticut, near Hartford, and easy drive from NYC. 

Here are his creds from his website:  Ron Schmid, ND, has practiced naturopathic medicine since 1981. He served for two years as Chief Medical Officer and Clinic Director at the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine.

He wrote The Untold Story of Milk.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 11:03:19 pm »
Again, he is not a real doctor (not licensed MD).  He can't practice medicine like MDs that's why he does not need to have malpractice insurance.  No fear of loosing his license.  And he does not accept any health insurance.  He is more of a nutritional consultant.  If you come to him with infected wound or TB he can't treat you.  He'll send you to MD.

And surely he has his own line of supplements.

The only real doctor (MD) so far is Tom Cowan and he does not openly advertize raw meat.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 11:36:03 am »
Perhaps you could find a doctor who recently emigrated from Japan?  Surely such a person would be OK with raw meat and fish.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk