Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209589 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 03:48:48 am »
as far as not being able to see how healthy someone is on tv I disagree. In the video from 3 years ago, in every single shot derek is in, he looks like the healthiest person there without fail.

-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 03:57:07 am »
Can someone put up the link for the video? I'd really like to see it and don't know what to look for.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 04:53:57 am »
Just got this message today, the way things are going I should get an agent.....

This message sounds an awful lot like a post I responded to a few years back from The Learning Channel (or some other cable network) who wanted to do a piece on RPD. I entertained the idea, but as I learned more about details (they have full editing rights, etc.) I eventually said I wasn't interested. Sounds like another attempt to sensationalize with little regard to reality or for the featured person's wellbeing and reputation.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 05:19:49 am »

There is also a morning radio show in Iowa that wants to scheduled bit.

Who knows, the way things are going perhaps Leno, Letterman, and John Stewart will be calling next?
Well, Letterman once did a number of segments just about this guy called "Dick Assman". Actually, this guy was of Germanic origin, so "Assmann" in German means "Aceman" which sounds rather good in English. Why he just didn`t anglicise his  surname in this way, I don`t know. Anyway, what I mean is if Letterman  concentrated on such minor fluff, he would not mind doing a humorous sketch on the raw, palaeolithic diet - of course, that would only be done to ridicule us, but still even bad publicity is good publicity in a way.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 07:01:44 am »
Very true. Ripley's did AV as a freak who was able to eat rotten meat and not die. Though people probably figured they couldn't or didn't have such serious health problems that they needed to eat rotten meat for health. Yuck! Who knows though, maybe a few people looked into AV's stuff more after that show?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2013, 08:26:12 am »
Very true. Ripley's did AV as a freak who was able to eat rotten meat and not die. Though people probably figured they couldn't or didn't have such serious health problems that they needed to eat rotten meat for health. Yuck! Who knows though, maybe a few people looked into AV's stuff more after that show?

I saw right away the significance of AV`s discovery on ripley`s.

Somebody by the name of D'ablo contacted me about doing a show, I just got finished talking with him. He is going to pitch some ideas to his associates and call back in a few days.

I may have to make a deal with the devil...

So far that's two producers who are interested in the possibility of a show.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:34:50 am by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 09:51:51 am »
Well, I suppose we could go the whole hog and have one of our female members parading topless in photos,  as a  stunning representative of  the raw, palaeolithic diet.

I ve posted a naked pic of mine next to a 200 years old tree in this forum already.  ;D ;D

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 10:38:06 am »
I ve posted a naked pic of mine next to a 200 years old tree in this forum already.  ;D ;D

where is that?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »
where is that?

Sorry, I did not mean to infringe any rules.  -[

It is just that for me being naked is the most natural (and logical) thing to do...

It looks funny to see people wearing clothes nowaday, even though I grew up like that myself..

A couple of days ago I was at the Ocean and went on  a secluded beach. Got naked to sunbathe and Life_gazing.
A fisherman passed by and looked at me repetitively.  Af first, I could not understand why.
I got so absorbed in the beauty of Nature that it was only 30 min after that out of the blue I realized he did so because I was not wearing any clothes..   l) l)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2013, 11:15:55 pm »
-Dustin

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 04:31:46 am »
So many engagements so little time.
Hi Derek,

I received this email for you. I believe RTL is interested in filming an interview with you. Please contact her directly through the attached email.

Hope you're well.
Just got this request from the same journalist who did the Vice article.

This is what he forwarded to me

My name is .... with RTL Television, one of Europe's largest private broadcast networks. My colleague Elizabeth Guerrero tried to contact you. I would just like ot make sure the email got to you.

Congratulations one your piece on Derek Nance. This 'diet' is so shocking, that we would also very much like to get in contact with Mr. Nance. Might you be able to share his contact? Or perhaps you could guide me as to how you found him? This would be most appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 08:19:19 am »
RTL? That`s a German-language series of  channels that I sometimes watch.  Tell me when you are being broadcasted on German or Austrian  TV please!

Derek, please make sure in future to include a little bit of scientific data on the harm done by cooking. I know the broadcasters will not like it and would prefer you to just die within seconds of eating a piece of raw meat in front of  the cameras for maximum effect, but if you could include some data on what heat-created toxins are caused by cooking that would be great! A classic example would be to cite polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons  and heterocyclic amines which are not only harmful toxins created by cooking but also are present as toxins in car-exhaust fumes and cigarette-smoke. That little tidbit should give pause for thought.

If there are any other volunteers out there, I would most appreciate if a whole rawpalaeo-eating family could volunteer to be interviewed. Nothing like a family to ensure that a particular practice is seen as being normal.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 08:47:19 am »
I vote on gaining new strength to do pole dancing.
I just think your new incredible strength is showcased this way.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 04:29:45 pm »
RTL produces only sensational trash TV, no serious documentaries. So one thing is for sure: It will be
...another attempt to sensationalize with little regard to reality or for the featured person's wellbeing and reputation.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2013, 06:51:14 pm »
RTL produces only sensational trash TV, no serious documentaries. So one thing is for sure: It will be
Maybe so. But at the moment all we need to demonstrate is that people are eating this sort of diet and are not dying like flies, thus debunking a major anti-raw meat myth. So even appearing on a dodgy show which mocks you is helpful re that.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »
Maybe so. But at the moment all we need to demonstrate is that people are eating this sort of diet and are not dying like flies, thus debunking a major anti-raw meat myth. So even appearing on a dodgy show which mocks you is helpful re that.

Yes.  No publicity is bad publicity. One of the reasons I was willing to start eating raw meat was because SOOO many people on the Primal and Paleo diets already were doing it, and had been doing it for many years.

Raw fish was no big deal, they serve it in restaurants all the time. Raw meat was another thing altogether.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:25 am »
as a way of avoiding censorship I recommend that you have a tshirt on with some sort of information during all media engagements.

This could be something as simple as a rawpaleodietforum.com tshirt to gain traffic here or just some basic information although im not sure how much you canc onvey in that manner to a tv audience.

I think an advertizement for this forum would be the most effective use of the tshirt.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 09:55:49 am »
as a way of avoiding censorship I recommend that you have a tshirt on with some sort of information during all media engagements.

This could be something as simple as a rawpaleodietforum.com tshirt to gain traffic here or just some basic information although im not sure how much you canc onvey in that manner to a tv audience.

I think an advertizement for this forum would be the most effective use of the tshirt.

I agree with the t-shirt, or maybe a hat.  I don't necessarily know that it should have the web address of the forum, though.   I'm not against that, I'm just thinking that maybe having a separate web address that has a really professional-looking, well-written, and engaging landing page might be better. There could be links to this forum from that landing page.

Just some thoughts. :)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 12:02:11 pm »
I found the rawpaleodiet.com page before I found the forum. I read the testimonials and info then came to the forum. Forums can be overwhelming until you learn to navigate each one, since they all seem to be unique in their layout. Maybe Derek couple write up a testimonial for that page? Googling Derek Nance now brings up a bunch of hits for "weird raw meat addiction /diet " lol. Good job! Maybe adding a page could redirect people to that page and our forum.
-Dustin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 12:32:01 pm »
I found the rawpaleodiet.com page before I found the forum. I read the testimonials and info then came to the forum. Forums can be overwhelming until you learn to navigate each one, since they all seem to be unique in their layout. Maybe Derek couple write up a testimonial for that page?

Excellent points, forums CAN be overwhelming and intimidating at first. I agree that Derek should write up a testimonial for that page. 

If we can make this happen, we might actually start getting some real numbers, like 250 thousand page views a day, instead of just 25 thousand. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2013, 07:10:02 am »
TLC is going to do a Skype interview tomorrow to vet me for one of their programs.

If all goes well they will send out a film crew and put together an episode.

The real issue is that they are primarily focused on the Primal High meat part of the diet for its sensationalism, and will probably give little credence to the Raw Paleo diet as a legitimate option for anyone.

I could use some advice on how to handle the made for TV drama that they are going to set me up for.
Keep in mind I am going to be seen by the Honey Boo-boo audience.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:42:26 am by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 07:29:03 am »
OK. First, what are your specific goals from all this publicity? What to do depends on that. IIRC, one of the goals you mentioned in the past was spreading the raw Paleo message, and I think you were hoping to also find a way to make some money from the exposure these shows provide, yes? Did I recall those correctly and/or do you have any other specific goals? How would you rank the goals in terms of importance?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 07:35:39 am »
TLC is going to do a Skype interview tomorrow to vet me for one of their programs...

Sounds like the same outfit that approached me some years back. Before you agree to anything, ask them for references of others who've appeared on their show and CONTACT THEM! Make sure the people feel like they were portrayed accurately and treated fairly. If you can't ascertain that, turn them down.

My fear here is that they're going to use you as a tool to gain ratings, and you might find your reputation so trashed by the ordeal that you have a hard time finding meaningful employment later on, or a certain ex-spouse might use some aspect of your quest for publicity against you with regard to custody of your kids or your divorce settlement more generally.

The adage that "Any publicity is good publicity" is patently false. Good publicity is good publicity, trashy publicity is trashy publicity.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 07:45:39 am »
I want to let go of goal based thinking. I'm resigned to let the spirit carry me where it will, being more interested in  finding adventure during this next leg of the journey, though money would be a big bonus.

Still dreaming about 4000 acres and a mule. With the acquisition of great fortune I would make a a raw paleo sanctuary/ resort. It would be well stocked with ostrich, emu, zebra, bison, sheep, goats,ox, wilder-beast, and a plethora of other exotic creatures to dine on. I would be the host serving up the rawest of rarities to the patrons and volunteers who would support the endeavor.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:01:48 am by sabertooth »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk