Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209765 times)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2013, 09:49:16 pm »
The quote button does not seem to be working for some time now...

Indeed, the quote button isn't working but one can still use code to create quotes. Just type the word 'quote' surrounded by square brackets ([ and ]), then paste in whatever text you want to quote, then type in /quote, again surrounded by square brackets.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:15 am »
We could do it at my place, there are 3 bedrooms for 6 people at least, plus hammocks for those wanting to sleep under the stars.

The problem is I don’t know yet how to find suitable meat. I've been told that wild boars wander around at night, including in the mostly dry canal crossing my land, but I don't know any hunter and I don't hunt myself. Someone must come with a bow and arrows! Currently I bring meat and eggs back when I drive to France. Otherwise, there is an amazing choice of local seafood, vegetables, fruits and things like chestnuts and carob. Hanna would be welcome too, on the condition not to assault me, LOL!  ;D

Photos I took this afternoon, 10 km away from my house:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:07:48 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:35 am »
Thanks, I'd forgotten re the quote text.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2013, 01:19:11 am »
Really lovely photo, Iguana. Out of curiosity, though, is your  other  place in France as scenic?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2013, 01:32:06 am »
No, there is a good view around on the forests, vineyards and fields, but it's 140 km away from the Atlantic coast. It's for sale if someone is interested, there is a good house, poultry, orchard, a spring with basin and plenty of wild boar available in winter. Grass fed mutton and beef are also available from paleo farmers friends.

BTW I just added more photos to my above post.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2013, 04:18:04 am »
Hanna is correct, I would be willing to make it out to a raw paleo retreat, if only the right accommodations and the travel funding could be found.

I am working with a film maker to pitch a Idea for a movie and if the production company accepts it then funds would become available for me to travel in order to make a film. I would like it to be a story featuring a man searching for his primal roots, and letting that search take me to wherever it leads. Though I am flexible and will be open to considering whatever offer may come my way.

If that where the case and there would be funding available then we wouldn't be limited to Tyler's time share or Iguanas Place. We could rent out a dude ranch or some other scenic vista. Do they have dude ranches over there anyway?

There is also another film maker who works in Italy, He is paleo and would be willing to work with me on putting a project together, so if any of you want to start making suggestions about possibly getting together and making our own film then let us discuss it here.

As far as getting food, I could lead a foraging party out to the country side in order to find a small pasture raised farm animal, and we could do the slaughtering and butchering ourselves.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2013, 09:12:02 am »
Saber is that the way you always slaughter sheep?  Do they calm down when you get them down or do they fight?  The only time I have wrestled anything like that was to get goats on their side so we could trim their hooves.  It was not easy.  Do you hold 'em down while they deathspasm and just hold its neck over the bowl to get blood?  That is gnarly...!  I am getting a lamb next week.

I LOL'd at your triumphant skipping outside of the Dr.'s office :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:37:17 am by jessica »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2013, 03:05:26 am »
Well, Portugal is far away from me...
Italy is more in the middle of Europe so would probably be a better meeting point.
Moreover, it is touristically very attractive.

Saber, I don't know exactly what a "dude ranch" is.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:24 am »
Jessica,

That is the way I typically slaughter my animals, some stay calm while others kick and struggle, that's why I get them on the ground and make sure they aren't able to buck up when I am making the cut.

Hanna

dude ranch definition.
A resort patterned after a Western ranch, featuring camping, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities.

Basically, It's a place where city slickers can go to pretend to be cowboys for a weekend. They ride horses all day and at night you can hear them sing "Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam" around the campfire.

There has to be some form of these ranches in Europe that would be suitable to host such an event.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:26:53 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2013, 03:38:36 am »
Yes: In Germany you can go on "Ferien auf dem Bauernhof" (holidays on a farm). In Italy, there is "agriturismo".

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:28 am »
A quick chat with Luke Sniewski from LEAF Lifestyle about A Million Ways To Live

The other documentary a million ways to live is being edited now...... though it may not be released until the summer.

Here is a brief summery of what its about. Luke the documentary maker is explaining his project to my martial arts teacher,
right after we finished doing a pole fitness class.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:01 am »
Kentucky Man's Raw Meat Diet Sounds Insane and Dangerous:

When the benefits of a raw diet started being lauded more frequently and becoming just a smidge more mainstream, this is not what anyone had in mind. Derek Nance has been consuming raw meat exclusively for five years, and the kicker is that he told Vice.com he’s never been healthier. We can’t even wrap our heads around this.

Every time we think we’ve seen it all, some stunt like this pops up and we’re educated all over again.

raw meat diet

Apparently he had some health problems and did what a lot of people do – yo-yo diet. While he wasn’t trying to lose weight, that was happening without any control of his own, he was trying to improve his health. He bounced from giving up wheat and dairy, to the Mediterranean diet, and then going, shockingly, to a vegan diet. Like most people who diet hop, he wasn’t finding anything that worked. Then someone suggested a carnivorous take on the ever-popular Paleo diet, and here we are. We’ve got a dude in Kentucky who subsists on raw meat, and even brushes his teeth with animal fat.

“This is really really hard to believe for so many reasons,” said Cheryl Forberg, RD, nutrition expert for The Biggest Loser and author of Flavor First. She claims there is nothing positive that could come from a raw meat diet. And quite pointedly shares the negatives.

Forberg agrees with Nance’s parents, who apparently say the diet is wrong and that he’ll die.

“His father has reason to be fearful of pathogens,” she told us. “Beef alone presents the possibility for E. Coli, listeria, staph, and salmonella.”

He points to the inspiration for the diet as being Weston Price, which was popular in the 1930s and was a way for people to consume more nutrient-dense foods for better health. A dentist, Price found correlations in poor dental health and people’s diets, so he set out on a global trek to examine other primitive societies and their health conditions and teeth. He found that those in other cultures had diets that were at least four times higher in minerals and vitamin C and B complex than the diets of Americans. (No surprise there, and that was in the ’30s!)

Price surmised that:
•animal fats don’t cause heart disease, cancer, and obesity but rather can protect against them.
•modern soy-based foods contribute to health problems for the thyroid, digestion, and endocrine system.
•low-fat diets can promote emotional instability.
•vegetarians and vegans don’t live longer nor do the diets protect against disease.

There’s likely a library of modern science and research to debunk most of his findings. While we can’t get on board with his prescription to consume a diet rich in butter, organ meat and raw milk, we can say the dismissal of most if not all processed foods and the inclusion of raw veggies and wild fish should be applauded. But at what risk?

Cutting out trans fat, artificial sweeteners, modern soy, refined grains, and farm/factor-raised fish and meat will do wonders for your health, which is suggested under Weston Price. Exclusively consuming raw animal meat? Well, only time will tell what that will mean for Nance and his health. One guy saying this five-year-long diet has made him the healthiest he’s ever been isn’t enough evidence for us. We hope it won’t be enough for you, either.

Read more at http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/10/kentucky-mans-raw-meat-diet-sounds-insane-and-dangerous/#g4iHUhbTyjjRFl2c.99

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2013, 02:09:08 pm »
Good find, Jessica.

My guess is that, pretty much exactly at the time our food is all vat-grown and perfect for our bodies, science will finally openly admit that us raw paleo folk were right all along. 

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2014, 02:09:20 am »
If the evil muthfukkas don't have their way with me this spring they you could use my spot.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:35 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2439476/Derek-Nances-raw-meat-diet-bizarre-food-addiction.html
I got onto the tabloid press cite thedailymail too!

Seems like you have quite the fan base! I was laughing about those ignorant comments people would leave below the article. Hopefully you won't get tired walking your dog. Classic! LOL

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2014, 06:32:57 am »
Million Ways to Live Trailer on Vimeo

The other documentary, "Million Ways to Live" is set to be released in June. Hopefully it will generate some positive interest in the raw paleo diet from the alternative health community.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:49 am »
Congrats. Glad to see they're showing people eating other foods beyond meat, like young coconut.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2014, 07:52:07 am »
The show will focus on basic healthy lifestyle principles, and not dietary dogma. The main focus is on real foods.

There will always be different beliefs among the many different factions within the alternative health community. The show is focused on highlighting 6 basic principles that healthy people from all walks of life can agree upon. Giving responsibility over to the individual in how they chose to live in accordance with their own wants and needs, using those basic guidelines.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:51:57 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53:33 am »
http://dziendobry.tvn.pl/wideo,2064,n/jedza-tylko-surowe-mieso,103432.html

A friend from a foreign land just sent me this, though I don't understand what exactly is being said.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:07:14 am by sabertooth »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:13 am »
Now you're on the right track! Even in the trailer, you can tell that they're showing the great side of you.

Also, the clip of Good Morning Poland was great. I'd imagine that you will be on US shows like that one day!

Keep up the good work.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2014, 09:17:54 am »
The show will focus on basic healthy lifestyle principles, and not dietary dogma. The main focus is on real foods, how one chose to eat and may be a matter of personal choice or physiological differences.

There will always be different beliefs among the many different factions withing the alternative health community. The show is focused on highlighting 6 basic principles that healthy people from all walks of life can agree upon. Giving responsibility over to the individual in how they chose to live in accordance with thier own wants and needs, using those basic guidelines.
That sounds good.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:59 am »
Now you're on the right track! Even in the trailer, you can tell that they're showing the great side of you.

Also, the clip of Good Morning Poland was great. I'd imagine that you will be on US shows like that one day!

Keep up the good work.

Yes, this clip is good, because there is no background commentary of  "experts" - just opinion of these two people who enjoy eating raw meat.

But I am sure they complained and ridicouled the diet after the clip finished, live in studio.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2014, 01:02:30 am »
A friend from a foreign land just sent me this, though I don't understand what exactly is being said.

Google Translator, Polish detected
Title of the video

"Grasshopper tastes a bit like smoked sprats, brain tastes like cream (...), horse meat has a wonderful flavor, it tastes like mayonnaise." Primary Diet, or Paleolithic involves eating raw meat. Is it healthy? Is our digestive system is designed to digest raw meat?

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:10 am »
Google Translator, Polish detected
Title of the video

"Grasshopper tastes a bit like smoked sprats, brain tastes like cream (...), horse meat has a wonderful flavor, it tastes like mayonnaise." Primary Diet, or Paleolithic involves eating raw meat. Is it healthy? Is our digestive system is designed to digest raw meat?

Yeah, as I said - the clip is pretty positive and non-critical. I am Polish so I understand what they say.

However meanwhile I found second part of this reportage and I was right they ridicouled and criticized the diet  in the studio.  Mostky because of fear of parasites.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2014, 06:13:19 am »
"Primary Diet, or Paleolithic involves eating raw meat."
Did they ignore the fruits (like Sabertooth's coconut butter), veg, nuts, seeds, honey, .... in Primal/Paleo, like much sensationalistic media does?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk