Author Topic: Help need urgent advice from strange urine after 50days ZC  (Read 16697 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Help need urgent advice from strange urine after 50days ZC
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »
So i have been eating a diet of:
Egg yolk
Beef fat
Bone marrow (lots of it)
Butter
Fish
Moose
Beef

I have been eating this for about 50 days and i do feel fine in general, im not feeling my general health getting better but also no ill effects. However i have been having discomfort on and off in my kidneys, mostly when i have a backpack on my back and only about once a week. However yesterday when i passed water the urine was extremely cloudy and in the end something else came out that looked like foam sort of and was a mix between white and brown and i could feel a burning in my penis for some time after. Could this be a sigh that my kidneys are starting to get destroyed due to nutrient deficiency like vitamin C or some minerals im low in? I eat about 400g of meat so no extreme amounts of protein. But im very low on lots of minerals.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:47:46 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Help need urgent advice from strange urine after 50days ZC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:15:50 am »
I would add some carbs back in for a few days, in the form of liver or berries, and see if that helps.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:10:34 am »
make pine needle tea.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:48:47 am »
Egg yolk
Beef fat
Bone marrow (lots of it)
Butter
Fish
Moose
Beef

I have been eating this for about 50 days and i do feel fine in general, im not feeling my general health getting better but also no ill effects. However i have been having discomfort on and off in my kidneys, mostly when i have a backpack on my back and only about once a week. However yesterday when i passed water the urine was extremely cloudy and in the end something else came out that looked like foam sort of and was a mix between white and brown and i could feel a burning in my penis for some time after. Could this be a sigh that my kidneys are starting to get destroyed due to nutrient deficiency like vitamin C or some minerals im low in? I eat about 400g of meet so no extreme amounts of protein. But im very low on lots of minerals.

I'm not sure what could be causing the symptoms you describe, but I think organ meats would definitely be a healthy addition to your diet; they are nutritional power houses. Liver and kidney are also good sources of vit C by the way.
Any particular reason why you consume butter, seeing as you have plenty of alternative sources of non-dairy animal fats?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 01:56:03 am »
are you eating sugars with fats?  With me I believe what evidences is glycation,,  sugars sticking to fats...

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:19:07 am »
Another thing that stands out is your low meat intake, considering you eat no plant foods. Unless you eat a lot of egg yolks your percentage of calories from protein must be pretty low for Paleo standards, and therefore your calorie intake from fat extremely high.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:10 am »
I newer do good with organ meat. Think oxylates is a lifelong problem with me. Also the high copper content might be aggregating some candida i have read... Always feel bad a few days when eating liver or kidney heart is ok. Butter i eat since i find it to be a superior fat source. Makes me warm and i feel great from it.
How dou you add fruit to this diet?  Would you eat fruit as first thing in the morning before any fats?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 03:03:07 am »
How long has it been since you've fasted for an extended period? My instinct would be to stop eating for a few days and let my digestive system rest and clean itself out, then ease back into eating slowly. I would also couple this with an elimination diet of sorts, easing back into eating while leaving out dairy for a few weeks and then adding it back in to see what the effect is. For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of zero carb or low carb, so the fact you're trying to do that might in itself be part of your problem.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 04:11:39 am »
Unless you eat a lot of egg yolks your percentage of calories from protein must be pretty low for Paleo standards, and therefore your calorie intake from fat extremely high.

Allow me to correct myself.... there's a lot more calories from fat than from protein in egg yolks, so your calorie intake from protein as a percentage of total calorie intake is pretty low, and will be even lower the more egg yolks you eat.

I would also couple this with an elimination diet of sorts, easing back into eating while leaving out dairy for a few weeks and then adding it back in to see what the effect is.

Probably worth doing this with eggs as well; they are a common problem food.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 06:02:31 am »
Probably worth doing this with eggs as well; they are a common problem food.

Yes, I would agree. It's very challenging to get high quality eggs on the commercial market, so it's likely what you're eating is very low quality and you'd benefit from cutting back.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 06:09:06 am »
Do a 1 day water fast with spring water and see how that feels.  If you live in a clean area outside the city, you may do 3 days spring water fasting. 

Do your research on water fasting for more details.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 06:27:32 am »
When I tried ZC I stopped because of similar issues that I thought was related to kidneys. I later got a blood test and found out my kidneys were in optimal condition. I then re checked my symptoms online and found it was related to gallbladder. Kidney trouble is usually associated with lower back while gallbladder is more related to middle shoulder pain As well as neck pain. Just something to think about.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 06:32:49 am »
I newer do good with organ meat. Think oxylates is a lifelong problem with me. Also the high copper content might be aggregating some candida i have read... Always feel bad a few days when eating liver or kidney heart is ok. Butter i eat since i find it to be a superior fat source. Makes me warm and i feel great from it.
How dou you add fruit to this diet?  Would you eat fruit as first thing in the morning before any fats?

I have tried to find the answer to this question through many days of experimenting and as far as I can tell I do better with carbs later in the day rather than early. I feel like carbs inhibit fat absorption therefore I try to eat my carbs after the majority of my fat has already been consumed. Although I would be interested to know your experience if you do start eating more carbs.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 08:37:46 am »
You didn't give us much detail on what your diet is like. You mentioned what you're eating, but you only mentioned the amount of actual meat you're eating. But you didn't mention how much fat you're getting. How much beef fat do you eat and how many egg yolks?

Egg yolk
Beef fat
Bone marrow (lots of it)
Butter
Fish
Moose
Beef

I eat about 400g of meat so no extreme amounts of protein. But im very low on lots of minerals.

How much fat exactly are you eating? Do you drink anything? Do you drink water? How much water do you drink? I know you said you eat moose and beef, but do you eat organs?

I really feel like you didn't give enough detail.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 09:58:44 am »
Magnesium deficiency? The foods you listed, with the exception of fish as being a moderate source, pretty much have none. Although I don't know the mineral contents of bone marrow. It could have a lot of mag in it.

Or salt deficiency? A study I read awhile back stated (for them to even do the study properly) that a decent amount of salt needed to be added to low-carb diets, or it caused potassium deficiency I believe?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »
Egg yolk
Beef fat
Bone marrow (lots of it)
Butter
Fish
Moose
Beef

I have been eating this for about 50 days and i do feel fine in general, im not feeling my general health getting better but also no ill effects. However i have been having discomfort on and off in my kidneys, mostly when i have a backpack on my back and only about once a week. However yesterday when i passed water the urine was extremely cloudy and in the end something else came out that looked like foam sort of and was a mix between white and brown and i could feel a burning in my penis for some time after. Could this be a sigh that my kidneys are starting to get destroyed due to nutrient deficiency like vitamin C or some minerals im low in? I eat about 400g of meat so no extreme amounts of protein. But im very low on lots of minerals.

Are you drinking lots of good spring water? Many get dehydrated when they start a keto diet.. very common issue. Looks your kidneys are not too happy  -\. Try to avoid EMFs, be more outside earthing and go early to bed, avoid fake lights. And do not forget the spring water. No chlorinated/fluoridated tap water.

I eat way more protein than you and my kidneys are fine... but you might need to eat a higher fat diet maybe because your environment or the state of your body. I would surely change something if I had such issues. Can you get wild picked berries? Those are the only thing I would suggest for vit. C they also have almost no carbs but very healing. You could eat them for dessert after your meat or fish meal. I never get digestion issues if I do that, but I eat only wild stuff, like lingonberries etc.

Also.. are your eggs pastured and safe source? In winter even pastured eggs are not good if you live in a colder climate. hens do not lay eggs in winter if they do not get special feed, we have pasture hens and the organic feed I buy them that they lay eggs in the colder months (for my parents) are horrible. Just wheat, soy, pea protein and veggie oils... -[
Try more seafood too, as much as you can. oysters are always my N1 healing food. Lots of bioavailable magnesium.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 09:24:23 pm »
Both sodium and chloride are important for keeping the kidneys in shape (and the body hydrated) to clear toxins. During the adaption phase of the low carb diet the body may initially need extra of both as it is getting used to the decreased potassium intake. You should make sure you are getting enough of both minerals. I would gradually increase your intake of both until you feel well. Be sure to drink enough water as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:33:28 pm by 24isours »
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »
I agree with drinking more water, as Inger said.  Anyone who is doing zero carb, or just very low-carb, needs to drink a LOT of water.  Lex found this out the hard way, by getting very painful kidney stones.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:50:37 pm »
Regarding potassium; I would not consider animal foods (meats, including organ meats) as poor sources of potassium.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:38 am »
I will be writing a longer reply once i have more time sorry for that. As for water, i can not get a hold of any fresh spring water since i live in a big city, i do only drink good bottle water but when i drink pure water my body can not absorb it, it just stands in my intestines. What i need is to put in a few grains of salt in the water then it seems to get absorbed.

What else are you guys putting in the water since i guess you are not drinking pure water?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15:15 am »
Do you live above the earth, if, like in a tower house - in what stock....?

I do salt water too almost every day, it is fine as long as it is with un-threatened clean spring water. Pellegrino is ok too. Try to use glass bottles.
I make myself seaweed water often. I just put dried raw seaweeds in well water and drink the water throughout the day, add some more water to it and repeat. In the end (mostly next day) I just mix the soft seaweeds and water to a smoothie and drink it too. Delish!

I do drink a lot of pure, ice cold water too.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »
So i went to the hospital for my condition to do some test, the only test that amazed to doctors what the amount of ketones, i had a +5 on there scale which is higher then they ever seen, usually it is no more then +3 :) Also i did test a bit low in potassium but nothing to worry about. So about 3 days after the hospital my urine went back to normal and i have felt absolutely no discomfort from my kidneys since then. It might have been an oxylate dump from my kidneys or baby my kidneys adapting to a lower amount of potassium i will never know.

It has always been my understanding that eating all your calories from fat and not to overdo the protein intake is the way to go on carnivore diet? But still lots of people here seems puzzled by my high fat intake?
From today i have started to eat 50-100g of frozen wild cranberry and blueberries. Not sure what they will do since they do not contribute to calories but at lease my stomach get some small amount of fiber to work with, the bad thing is that im introducing oxylates again but lets wait and see what happens.

Thanks for all the responses in the thread.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »
I've been at 250g Fat / 70g Protein daily for quite sometime.
I supplement with 4-5 teaspoons of sea salt per day to keep my body functioning optimally.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:17 pm »
I've been at 250g Fat / 70g Protein daily for quite sometime.
I supplement with 4-5 teaspoons of sea salt per day to keep my body functioning optimally.

Wow that's 88% fat, 12% protein. I thought you had a little more protein than that from what I remembered. Hows your anaerobic lifting performance? Have you ever had blood ketones tested?

I've been wanting to try this more. It seems like when I control my lean meat and fat separately I lean towards higher fat. What's your lean mass?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 12:16:05 am »
Wow that's 88% fat, 12% protein. I thought you had a little more protein than that from what I remembered. Hows your anaerobic lifting performance? Have you ever had blood ketones tested?

I've been wanting to try this more. It seems like when I control my lean meat and fat separately I lean towards higher fat. What's your lean mass?

I do fine with 70 grams and probably could even go a bit lower. I don't lift weights but I am into calisthenics as well as resistance type exercises and my performance is excellent!

I have never had my blood ketones tested.

I'm 5'10 165 Lbs. I'd say I'm around 10% Body Fat.

Something I've learned a long the way to help me find the ratio sweet spot (to stay fat adapted) is to always add an extra 5% to the total calories received from protein when I buy my ground beef. So, if the label says 65% Lean - i'll calculate it at 70%.

I'll also consider the amount of salt I need per day to be directly correlated to wether or not I am getting too much protein. So, based on my knowledge - the more salt I need per day, the better. If I need less salt, then most likely I am retaining water and some protein is being used as glucose. This is usually justifiable on the scale.

How do I know I need less salt because I'm getting too much protein?
Well, I'll get headaches shortly after supplementing my salt.
The opposite will happen when I am at the sweet spot. I'll tend to feel a little sluggish and may get headaches when I don't have enough salt and will feel better usually instantly when supplementing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk