Author Topic: What are you currently reading, watching, learning?  (Read 16172 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What are you currently reading, watching, learning?
« on: December 13, 2013, 01:29:03 am »
How to raise chickens on compost :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMwEgZT3JQ8

How to make cooked dick soup.  I wouldn't do it but its interesting to see the lengths (no pun intended) that people go through to eat dick.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/luckypeach/how-to-make-dick-soup

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently reading, watching, learning?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 02:11:42 am »
I recently finished reading Grain Brain, by David Perlmutter, and am now reading Wheat Belly, by William Davis. Both are great books!

I'm also 9 weeks into a 23 week course on rewilding taught by Daniel Vitalis and Tera Waner called Be Wild. It's much better than I anticipated, and it's been neat to get to know Daniel a bit better.

I'm also learning to how to offer workshops on nutrition and health-related things in my area, and how to market them. I offered a raw meat eating workshop a month ago to my local Weston A. Price chapter, and will offer other workshops through them this coming year as I recently accepted the 'job' of being the co-director of the local chapter.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 03:35:56 am »
Sweet Eric, I am hoping I have my car back this week so I can go to the local WAPF winter potluck, chances are I will be stuck at home.  Even though I don't agree with everything, it's great to have them as a resource for knowing who's producing quality food locally.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:04:38 am »
That's the biggest reason I joined the WAPF. My main goal is to put together a good list of grass fed meat producers, and offer workshops promoting these products to help develop the market so more producers offer them. I'm not keen on WAPF's advocacy for eating 'properly prepared' grain, and don't plan on supporting that part of their platform. I'm fairly neutral on the raw milk thing. I do like raw cultured butter, and would like to start making my own. I'm not interested in any other dairy products.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:22:33 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 10:36:04 am »
Eric, how are things with the local chapter going? I've long since given up on the mostly religious conservative Christian crowd that make up most of the Pricers around here. They believe in cooking food like it's both God's law and man's law. LOL

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline kalo

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »
chinese acupressure!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 08:16:52 am »
http://www.humanbiologicaldiversity.com/Race_Face_Plates.htm
  you guys should check out this link, its a bunch of photos and comparision/discusion of people of difference races from the .  i am mesmorized by it, all of the men look so much stronger, with much heavier and healthier bone structure than you see nowadays.....anyway its good for entertainment.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 09:15:29 am »
Really interesting, Jessica. I think the Western view of race got sidetracked when "whites" tried to use the 3-race model and then put the white race on top.  I belong to a widely-dispersed highly-interbred race with three distinct group migrations, and I can always tell who is one of "my" migration by the face, and they know that I am one of them.

I don't even believe that Columbus thought he was in Asia because he must have taken one look at the indigenous people and known they weren't Asians.

Even in my hyper-diverse city, you can usually tell where someone is from - Vietnamese don't look like Cambodians, Ethiopians don't look like Somalis, Guatemalans don't resemble Salvadorans, Canadians don't look like Americans (LOL, gotcha!).
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:36 am »
http://www.humanbiologicaldiversity.com/Race_Face_Plates.htm

Thanks Jessica, this is a great resource. Lately I've been paying attention to phenotypes and specifically faceplates.

In the past this was a common awareness. Many older people I know can identify a person's heritage just by looking.

The more familiar we become about the established types, the easier it becomes to notice strength or degeneration.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:24:19 pm by actup90 »

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 05:59:49 pm »
Columbus may or may not have thought he was in however he never was in Asia and probably never saw an Asian. Columbus had declared he had found India. Amerigo Vespucci was the first to announce his doubts of America being Asia which is probably why they named it after him.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 06:00:59 pm »
I find it interesting that the "Upper Palaeolithic survivals" all look more solid, with higher brows and broader faces etc., than the other, more sickly-looking  white groups. I suspect that a lot of degeneration has happened since the Palaeolithic era. There is a lot one can read into a face, not just body-language.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:15:14 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 06:38:27 am »
Currently re-reading the book Against the Grain: How Agriculture Hijacked Civilization, and reading Fields of Blood: Religion and the History of Violence for the first time. Recently finished the book Against His-Story, Against Leviathan. The author of this last book is very detail oriented (it's essentially a historical treatise of why civilizations started), which makes the book a little hard to read at times because it gets quite dry. Lots of gems for those interested in critiques of civilization and patriarchy.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 08:37:04 am »
Eric, have you read "The Fates of Nations", by Paul  Colinvaux? I'm sure you have, I just thought it was really good.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 01:40:04 am »
Ive spend the last couple of months tried to realign my understanding of cosmology closer to the electric universe model. Gravity is a myth, There is only one force(electricity) There is no nuclear atom! Everything is light!

The ideas expressed in Walter Russel's, "Secret of Light" are worthy study!

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in Man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it. "
Walter Russel

Ive just finished watching the whole secret of light series, by Matt Presti and Robert Otey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dwsyD4diI8

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 02:37:07 am »
Just watching a 1960 HMV 1876 which I am in the process of restoring to full working order on old 405 line scan and black and white picture.   Previously restored an Ekco TS105 made in 1949.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 09:59:03 am »
Few years ago I also took a closer look at electric universe.  At first they appear to make lots of sense to average person but after reading several forums and reviews from real scientists most of their theory and explanations is just a bunch of scientific jargon.

General relativity (yes, Gravity) is the best theory we have so far.  One of its practical uses is to synchronize clocks on Earth and in orbit.  Critics of General relativity including Electric universe do not explain this nor provide any of their own equations to sync clocks more precisely.  Until I see any practical applications of this Electric universe I say talk is cheap.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 10:30:35 am »
Im not sure that the synchronization of atomic clockwork or the many other technical achievements, by scientist who falsly attribute the various functions of the single creative force, to a multiplicity of imaginary forces ;excludes the revelations of the electric universe. I am only now learning about these alternative views for the first time, with fresh eyes, and though there may not be enough so called "proof" for the average materialistic empiricist, the electric universe jives much more with the (rhythms and theorems) of my own (sensibilities and sensitivities)

What has been called gravity is just one facet of electrical force, and not a separate force onto itself. General relativity and gravity, though many contend are the best explanations for phenomenon, are still guesswork explanations that have never been conclusively proven.
Robert Otey offers many good counterpoint to the gravity myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWip5nVpw54

According to this alternative cosmology the whole periodic chart of the elements we all were told was sacrosanct is also just an arbitrary aberration, and the nuclear atom theory it is based upon is a total myth that has no reality. The seemingly separate elements represent different frequency waves of the same force, which use a rainbow like spectrum of elemental wave-field energy to create waveforms, which has been falsely perceived as separable particles . There are harmonic resonances which create the Maya illusion of three dimensional matter.

These mind blowing revelations are ongoing...Just the other day it came upon my awareness that Hydrogen was falsely designated as the lightest element, simply because it was the lightest element our instruments could perceive. The Periodic table of the elements is a fundamentally incomplete view of elementary spectrum, which is why so much of our science which is based on the materialism based world view of molecular chemistry, is out of sync with the nature of reality. There are elements that resonate on lower levels than hydrogen, there are inert gases and undiscovered elements that fill the cosmos. What is called dark matter is these unseen elemental energy structures which are the medium in which light moves and transforms its energy into the three dimensional holographic universe.

I will admit that beyond the grasp of understanding, are the details of exactly what electricity is and exactly how this stuff all works? or what is the relevance of such knowledge......but I intuitively feel the significant implications of the basic premise, that an electrical universe in which a single creative force is divided from the stillness, and is reflected within the center of every phenomenon on every scale, through all of fractal infinity. To me the fully electrified universe where the Creator gives the creative force to us freely with unlimited access to cosmic consciousness; just feels like a more balanced and less depressing view of the cosmos...than the big bang, materialistic, fatalistic, heat death, Godless, accidental existental fluke cosmology which continues to infest the ivory towered minds being propagated by Academia.

“The keystone of the entire structure of the spiritual and physical universe is Rhythmic Balanced Interchange between all opposites.”
Walter Russell
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:38:04 am by sabertooth »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »
Every theory comes with its math and equations. It's the math that lets you build practical models and verify if a theory is correct or incomplete or even wrong.  Einstein's equations are proven to be correct (to a certain degree of precision) and that's why we have a reliable GPS service.  Electric universe does not offer anything of that kind.

I've listened to that youtube podcast and those guys sound like retards. Every model must have its math and I have not seen any for Electric universe. Without math all their talk is null and void.  We use gravity force to calculate motions of the planets and rocket's trajectory to incredible precision.  Without gravity math there would be no space exploration at all.  What math does Electric universe use to calculate planets motion? I bet there is none.

Electric universe does not explain beta decay and many other nuclear realities such as nuclear weapons and nuclear reactors.  These real things exist because of quantum mechanics math.

And then, there is quantum computing.  I have to admit I'm still skeptical about it but if IBM and Intel are claiming to have a real working prototype it must be a real thing.  Those guys will never announce anything that can ruin their reputation.

I've seen too many people talk the talk.  Unless I see real results all their talk is nothing.  And that's what Electric universe is.  Just nothing.  Show me the math.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »
We will have to disagree about the primacy of the "Mythamatical Equations" which "Prove Gravity" is a force onto itself. The elcetric Universe theory explains fairly well that the foundations of quantum mechanics such as the double split experiment, and non locality are totally fraudulent so all the mathical models based upon those theories are skewed.

Its not about right or wrong views, or differing opinions about what constitutes "Results" as much as it is about personal preference... at this time I simply enjoy seeing the cosmos through the electric universe, and I see more promise for personally attaining a happy and balanced life within the temporal nature aligned ethos espoused by visionaries like Tesla and Walter Russel, than the mythamatically abject projections based upon the fundamental fallacies espoused by runaway materialism.

At this time I would also like to rebuke the misconception that it is the academically credited scientist who are the drivers of human innovations. The idea that the studied and prudent minds of arm chair theocrats produce the formulas by which the technicians and artist use to advance the state of the arts is not an undeniable truth.

Many of the greatest leaps forward made by the greatest minds in history were made by those who where divinely inspired by a higher power, Visionaries whose insights into the nature of things could never be explained or reproduced by mathematical abstractions. Tesla envisioned the working of the AC motion after being struck by a blinding light. Victor Schauberger studied the natural movement of water which lead him to envision the Jet engine, Faraday was an artisan who worked on creating glass lenses, Walter Russel was an artisan extraordinaire who after being divinely inspired drew out the mechanics of how light energy is transformed into matter.

Im not entirely dismissing the value of mathematics, and believe that there is a sacred geometry that underlies all structure and form in the universe, but without the vision of the artisan, and technician to transcend and transform the limitation of equasion, the mathematics do not have any human value.

I personally do not make distinctions between "the scientist"the artist"the technician" or the spiritualist" The same quality of mind which lead our ancient ancestors to create the first artistic cave paintings, was the same nature of mind that gave them the technical skill need to perfect the tools of survival. The same rational mind that gave them the math to recon, count and measure the rhythms of nature, was the same imaginative mind which enabled them to evoke a creator. Calling upon one group of people to be supreme authority because of a subjective scientific label and giving them full licence to rule over the whole creative scope of humanity is absurd.

Mathematics is a form of language, just as is art, technology, or religion... any one of these forms of expression if built upon a false foundation can lead to problems of imbalance....Language is a means by which the human mind evokes reality, any of these facets of mind which span the gamete of human endeavor is fallible and is capable of doing as much harm as good.

Though none could argue that Mythamatical Science has incredible power to accomplish incredible feats, just as the sorcery and magic of ages past could mesmerize the primitive minded with masterful trickery, but I say without the balance of artistic vision, imagination, human love, compassion, and harmony with the natural rhythms, or an understanding that "all energy flows through the whims of the great magnet"; this scientific materialism will lead us away from the power of divine inner knowledge which is beyond the scope of our most advanced quantum computing models to fathom!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:21:47 pm by sabertooth »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:47 am »
Sorry, Electric universe does not explain anything.  All they do is criticize quantum mechanics without offering alternative solutions that can be verified.  They offer ambiguous "explanations" that are not verifiable. They sound very much like flat earthers who " successfully debunked" spherical earth.

Gravity theory has been proven by successful space exploration. If you would use Electric universe principles human would've have never left earth.

Math is fundamental and without it no theory can be understood. Even electromagentism cannot be understood without Maxwell equations. If a theory cannot be backed by math, it is empty talk.

I guess it is ok for personal inner satisfacton. But for all practical purposes Electric universe is useless.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 07:25:32 am »
Still I disagree with much of the "maths", and insist that you are simply building up a straw man of a truncated version of the electric universe theory and knocking it down.

The reality is that the proportionates of the electric universe theory are not anti-math, and in many ways would agree the elegant calculations of Maxwell's equations do in a rudimentary way explain the movement of electric waves, and help us to visualize the unseen motions of the creators energy....but the conclusions of these mathematical formulas are still warped by the false insistence that these waves are of atomic particles.

There is more than one language by which to express something....perhaps there is a degree of miscommunication between different viewpoints and values that cannot be reconciled. Though the much current technology seems to some people proof of the primacy of the  triumph of mathematical materialism...I still insist countless other ways to engineer equally technology which works more in tune with the health and well being of biological life.

I am attempting a contention, that if the means by which we attain those great heights of technological advancement, are out of touch with the true nature of the universe then so will be the souls of those who tether themselves to the faulty materialist models.

Perhaps we should slow down and take a deeper look at these alternative cosmologies before giving the power and authority over the human race to dogmatic ideologies that though may dazzle with rocket fire and technological wonder, are at their base heartless and godless idols that will not lead to any dynamic balance or sustainable happiness.

The thunderbolts project, though not entirely in agreement with Russels work, makes many good arguments against the mythical Maths behind the false views of gravity, which have been far to long taken as sacrosanct. They explain how the massive multi-billion dollar projects being built to reinforce the false maths are doomed to fail...but because there is so much money being invested in these foolish endeavors the scientific establishment is engaged in massive fraud in order to save face and preserve the materialistic worldview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2xEmFoc_0U

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:44:44 am by sabertooth »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk