Author Topic: It Better Goddang Work!  (Read 28538 times)

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
It Better Goddang Work!
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »
Thanks to my crappy diet during childhood, I don't think even regular paleo will do it for me, even though it seems to help a lot of other people.
So I am really hoping that raw paleo will help me. After all it wasn't difficult at all to say "screw it" to cooked meats and chow down on the raw. The only cooked meat I like is bacon, but who knows. Maybe someday I'll be like "what is this crap" and stop eating bacon.

I am struggling with:
PCOS - Endometriosis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Candida - Acne - PTSD
Funny how if you have one, you tend to have many other illnesses.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: It Better Goddang Work!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »
Tried slivers of raw lamb during Christmas. Didn't get sick. Screw the doctors.

December 27: tried thawed raw beef. Bad texture, but edible. Ate with kimchi and sauerkraut.
December 28:  0.20 lb of Liver (delicious!), Beef shank with a bit of bone marrow, shoulder roast.
December 29: Finished the shoulder roast from yesterday.
December 30: Ate stock meat, but ate too many. Felt like crap. Finished the day off with raw rib. Still craving more raw meat, and liver... damn.

Cooked meat tastes like crap without any seasoning, but raw meat is juicy, mild, savory, and sweet by itself. Whoever came up with cooking meats, I have no idea. Why would you ever cook meat lol... I can't even begin to reason why..
The only good cooked meat is bacon, but even that requires raw curing... what...
I only use fermented veggies for the extra tang and the potential probiotic value. I began taking probiotics with my meals and use them every day.

I am experimenting with urine as a hair and skin method. I know it sounds disgusting but I am so unhibited by 'ew' factors by this point. I eat raw meat. I can eat 2 pounds of butter a week when I can afford it. Urine hair rinse? Yeah, I am up for the challenge!

I am trying to see what aged urine would be best for me. Fresh? A day old?
Can I mix herbal concoctions with the urine for more benefits, or to compliment/disguise the odor?
Can I use conditioner afterwards? Will I even need my conditioner anymore?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:26:25 pm by cavebiatch »

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Rant
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:21:37 pm »
Coming out:
I might meet my family again anytime soon and my boyfriend is returning home in 4 months.
My sister is in med school, and she warns that eggs should be fully cooked to the core in order to avoid salmonella (even though salmonella... is on the outside?) and my mom is super paranoid about parasites and germs so she won't even let me cook because I don't cook my meats inside out like she does. She has to cook her meats until the core is all gray because that is safer in her opinion. This Christmas she told me she'll make me medium rare steak and then I found that it was gray to the core LOL. So no, I can't get away with the "cooked surface but raw inside" disguise at someone else's house. I am sure I'll have to join my family and relatives again for the holidays and weddings, what do I eat besides a bunch of boiled eggs??!?! Even eating a bunch of boiled eggs get me that "that's too much cholesterol!" bs.

My family is already concerned over me eating a lot of butter and they think I eat too much meat and animal produce. They attribute all my health problems such as acne to eating too much butter and not enough vegetables. God forbid how they'll react if they find out that the reason I refuse to join in their pastas and the dumplings is because I eat raw meat. I am sure my mom would break down by the thought of me eating raw liver, and my family would force me into an institution. For real!
My mom knew some hunter's daughters who were raised on wild game blood and offals, and admits that the sisters were strong and beautiful looking. Yet, she's convinced that raw meat = instant death. Ugh.

I want to improve my health, and my looks, and after people are surprised as how I've changed, THEN I want to confess to them so they don't think I am anorexic for refusing their cooked vegetables or something. Then when they go "but but Dr. PhD said..", I can be like, "hey, I look way healthier. The proof is in the pudding, who cares what Dr. PhD says?"

My family already thinks that my avoidance of gluten and cow dairy is BS, and they suggest that I cook with grapeseed or olive oil (which are not real olive oil anyway in most stores), eat more vegetables, whole grains, and soy. I am sure the reason why I am smaller and weaker than my siblings is because my mom was really into the conventional healthy lifestyle such as eating more soy products, drinking a lot of orange juice, only eating whole grains, cutting out meat when possible, using margarine, and low-fat everything. Somehow I wasn't stopped from drinking sodas and eating a lot of candies by mom. My siblings are several years older than I am, and were raised on the more traditional ethnic diets. And they're healthy and they wonder if all my health issues are just in my head. After all, my mom did "everything right" but I was still sick. I was often accused of pretending to be sick for attention.
As you can see, I am extremely bitter with the conventional wisdom and the stupidity of the doctors who failed to help me. The more I think about it, the more the medical industry looks like a joke, and so many smart and gifted students are put into a position where they exploit people's illness instead of curing them, and the med students don't even know it.

When I switched to borderline paleo (not even real paleo but following the basic stuff), I wasn't bedridden 24/7 and I felt more "concious" of the things around me. As if I was drunk during my whole childhood and suddenly I am sober and aware. Sometimes I used to cry because I was so bitter, it felt like my childhood was robbed and I am so much weaker, smaller, and sicker compared to other people. No child should go through the sickness and pain I did, let alone be constantly told that there's nothing wrong and that all the pain is inside your head.

Even after I followed some paleo rules, I didn't watch my sugar intake. Even though I don't eat a lot of sugar compared to others, I probably had lingering gut issues that made me a lot more sensitive. I still had acne and occasional fatigue. My periods were still very painful. I was diagnosed with PCOS (I didn't tell my family because that would open up a whole new can of criticisms and power struggles) and I am told that it's "genetic" and that all I can do it take birth control. What utter crock. Thank you fat doctor, but why should I believe you when you can't even take care of yourself...

My family knows that I eat differently, but thanks to my chronic symptoms, they think my diet is BS. They point out that I still have acne, and blame the butter or accuse me of starving myself, and that I should just "take a bite" in the whole grain dumplings they made...

Boyfriend:
He's coming home in 4 months. My boyfriend finds it funny how I eat a lot of 'fattening' foods but never gain weight. He jokes about how I must be so fat because of the bacon I eat, but he knows that I am not fat. I never was. He's sure that it's my fast metabolism and freak genetics, but I try to convince him that fat doesn't make you fat. My BF would be aghast if he finds that I eat raw meat, but then I'll use the "proof is in the pudding" argument on him. And then compare raw meat to sushi, one of his favorite foods. Or maybe, who knows, he'll find it exotic and claim that he has a dog as a girlfriend.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:48:22 pm »
I already know that they're ignorant, it's just that they can get away with it while I can't, and then any issues I have, they attribute to me not following the conventional wisdom. It's really sad when people don't believe what they see with their eyes and go with what the 'experts' tell them.
"If it's so bad for us why would they put it in our food"
"They probably put whole grains in here because it's good for us"
"But usa.gov said so"
"But my doctor said whole grains are good, so any sickness I have after eating it must be imaginary"

I used the tallow on my skin that I skimmed from a chilled stock. It smelled beefy but then the tallow absorbed into my skin and there were no smell. I hope that cooking the fat didn't render the tallow bad or anything. After all I think all tallow, to be rendered, needed to be cooked to a point.

I've tried a lot of magic bullet short term stuff. I need the long term! :)
I didn't try neem oil but I use the neem powder for my skin. It instantly deals with the acne already on the surface and gives my face softness and a glow, but it's temporary. It doesn't stop the hot mess going on in the inside.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
As you can see, I am extremely bitter with the conventional wisdom and the stupidity of the doctors who failed to help me...

Being bitter isn't all that healthy. I see why you are, and I certainly went through that phase too, but the sooner you can let that all go the better off you'll be.

I have the same struggles with family that you do. I suspect many others here do as well. As time passes they'll get used to your eating patterns, however different they may be. My mom and sisters are constantly reminded that I eat most of my meat raw, and that I'm the only one among them not suffering from chronic disease. They won't touch raw meat or organs, but years in they've largely stopped pestering me to change back to their eating patters.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:49:12 am »
Being bitter isn't all that healthy. I see why you are, and I certainly went through that phase too, but the sooner you can let that all go the better off you'll be.

I have the same struggles with family that you do. I suspect many others here do as well. As time passes they'll get used to your eating patterns, however different they may be. My mom and sisters are constantly reminded that I eat most of my meat raw, and that I'm the only one among them not suffering from chronic disease. They won't touch raw meat or organs, but years in they've largely stopped pestering me to change back to their eating patters.

I only changed my diet a 2 years ago and I still have a lot of health issues, so it's difficult not to be reminded. I am sure I'll get over it once things get better.

It's easier for you because you're the healthy one while your family is unhealthy. For me it's the opposite, and I have health issues so it's as if I don't have any authority over health because "if your diet works so well why are you still sick? I eat normal and I am fine. Thus your diet must be BS and you should just use more soap on your face / take pills"
The only redemption is to become a living proof of change. I am hoping that raw paleo will help take me there.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »
Where do you live? Maybe it would be worthwhile to set up some sort of mentoring relationship with someone nearby to help you troubleshoot? Even if by phone, I think it might help you.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 03:15:08 am »
Lol did you read my post? What are you even arguing with? I used the tallow on my skin and it did an excellent job.
Nothing to do with diet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:24:45 am by cavebiatch »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:56:55 am »
Your post reminds me of me starting out with critical family and bitterness with doctors.  The more health improvements you see, the more you'll be so grateful to have found your way all on your own. With doctors, I just remind myself that they were giving me the best care they knew how to give.  And thank goodness they failed me or I'd actually think I needed their care?!  My family loves me, and I know they couldn't handle it, so I keep it secret. I bring food with me, eat in solitude (something I prefer for calm anyway), and just find a way to keep busy with something while everyone is eating.  My mom did figure it out.  Meat was disappearing without dishes getting dirty and she just said, 'you're eating it raw then?'  Now its 'our' secret :)  She can be very critical, but she's seen me at about my worst and is just glad I'm eating and healthy!

The confidence you'll feel when you cross off more on your list is so wonderful!!… enjoy the journey :)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 08:02:28 am »
...Do not expect shit from your diet until you keep it raw.

Thoth, your post comes across to me as a little extreme, multiple F-bombs and all. How about toning it down a little? I doubt you'd say something like that to someone in person, so why type it here?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:56:10 am »
Cavebiatch and Eric... I think Thoth meant well.  Maybe the "F" word doesn't come across "nice" sometimes. 

Happy New Year everyone!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 11:07:18 am »
Eric, and I will do you a courtesy that you have not extended me, which is to allow you to blather without protestation.

lol what? Drop it with the internet tough guy attitude. Reserve that niche for the vegans.

Your skin literally eats the things it absorbs CB, the only difference is it doesnt have the mitigating factor of the gut, careful what you put on you, or in your tummy or in your lungs bla bla bla

Oh please.
The skin does absorb what we put on it, no shit. Thanks for telling us, captain obvious. So what? Still has nothing to do with diet nor is it as severe to put something on your skin as eating it (or you wouldn't have suggested the neem oil). Never did I ask if I am getting the *supah dupah magical powah* of the raw fats by skimming the tallow. Now behave yourself.

Cavebiatch and Eric... I think Thoth meant well.  Maybe the "F" word doesn't come across "nice" sometimes. 

Happy New Year everyone!

Thoth meant well, indeed. By going off-tangent.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 11:10:55 am »
Your post reminds me of me starting out with critical family and bitterness with doctors.  The more health improvements you see, the more you'll be so grateful to have found your way all on your own. With doctors, I just remind myself that they were giving me the best care they knew how to give.  And thank goodness they failed me or I'd actually think I needed their care?!  My family loves me, and I know they couldn't handle it, so I keep it secret. I bring food with me, eat in solitude (something I prefer for calm anyway), and just find a way to keep busy with something while everyone is eating.  My mom did figure it out.  Meat was disappearing without dishes getting dirty and she just said, 'you're eating it raw then?'  Now its 'our' secret :)  She can be very critical, but she's seen me at about my worst and is just glad I'm eating and healthy!

The confidence you'll feel when you cross off more on your list is so wonderful!!… enjoy the journey :)

I hope they can at least 'tolerate' me. I am sure if one found out, the rumor would spread like wildfire though. ;)

Today I had lamb shoulder blade chops with marrow bones in them. The marrow is sweet and easy to pull out, unlike cow.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:12:27 pm by cavebiatch »

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 11:24:43 am »
Fair enough, all you had to do was wish me out of here!

All you had to do was play nice, but okay.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »
Never did I ask if I am getting the *supah dupah magical powah* of the raw fats by skimming the tallow.

I lol'ed so hard at this.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:32 am »
I lol'ed so hard at this.

^_^

So this morning I finished another piece of lamb shoulder blade chop w/ some raw bone marrow. I still have a funny sore feeling after eating it, but maybe it's also because I ate it with kimchi. I am not good with spicy stuff.
I realized that I keep craving raw meat.

The fats on raw meats seem unchewable at first but the more I chew on it, the more it becomes soft. It helps to have it at room temperature.

Lamb shank TONIGHT! It's fatty fatty fatty. Also forgot to mention, I also eat raw egg yolk (no egg white) after meals. They're delicious.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:01:35 am by cavebiatch »

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »
Finished the lamb shank with no problem this morning, and left the beef shank to dry at room temperature and ate it a bit throughout the day.

I keep getting a little heartburn after eating raw meat. I am not sure if it's because of the fermented veggies or the meat itself. I just had beef shank with marrow.
I ate kimchi before, I never got sore stomach right after kimchi. However that was years ago.

I wonder if meat is really digesting in my system. I eat both fat and muscle. I eat the muscle diced.
I had small but well formed stool these days (I had dehydrated stools prior to eating raw meat), but when I did an enema and expelled, there were some stool where it seemed like undigested parts of raw meat were stuck in them. After the enema, the heartburn from my meat dinner felt a bit worse.
I did the enema because I 'cheated' paleo a little for the holidays and felt like it was dragging me down. Thanks to 'cheating' during the holiday I haven't done any urine hair wash or anything.

The tallow keeps my hair really nice. I use it in my hair before shampoo (I still use shampoo).

I threw the stew meat away, only saved the bones. I don't want to bother eating cooked meat unless I absolutely love it, but I love bone broth so there.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:51:05 pm »
You might want to eat some Real Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt, Black Himalayan Salt or whatever great salt you can gets your hands on.

If you need probiotics to assist you to at the start, try it out.

In the future try high meat.

You may want to measure just how much animal food in weight you eat in a day.  You may be eating too much.

There is also the issue of frequency of animal food meals. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 12:09:18 am »
I thought that I might be eating too much meat. Somewhere here I read that I should eat as much as it can fit in on my hand (or palm?), I've been eating way more than that. Maybe two handful.
I eat probiotic supplements along with food.

What frequency do you mean? I eat two raw meals a day, with some yogurt and snacks in between. The snacks are no more than the raw meats.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 02:15:05 am »
The "palm of the hand" guideline is used a lot by dietitians and nutritionists to give people a way to eyeball 100 grams of meat. "The size of a deck of playing cards" is also used as an eyeball guideline.

If that's how much you intend to eat at one serving, why not weigh the meat and then learn how much it looks like? Another way is to base your servings on how much meat you bought. In other words, if you buy a pound of meat, figure one-fourth of it is one serving.

You have mentioned eating kimchi with your meat, and that it might be giving you heartburn, so I wonder what happens when you eat a mono-meal of meat only? Also, what's in your kimchi? Some contain small amounts of sugar, MSG, rice flour, etc.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 02:53:48 am »
I don't know if it's the kimchi though. I had kimchi and other fermented vegetables as a child and I don't remember linking any stomachache to fermented vegetables. I did have stomachache right after eating crap like brown or whole grain pastas though (as I said, mom was really into "healthy" stuff), and that is how it feels right now.

However I didn't have fermented veggies for a long time, not even pickles, so maybe my body is getting used to it again.

Anyway I don't know why there were pieces of raw meat in my stool. Maybe it goes hand in hand with the indigestion. I do admit I ate more that I should though.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 03:33:49 am »
Its definitely not normal to have raw meat in your shit. 

I would also suggest something to help you digest, like chewing on a stick of celery before eating, or dip the meat in some vinegar or an egg yolk or a tiny bit of salt or chew on some bitter greens.   Just work on getting your digestive juices going, there are good teas for doing that as well.  I found all of those helpful and don't really have digestive issues with meat/bones/gristle/whatever, even when swallowed whole, I don't see em in my poo.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 05:18:08 am »
Doesn't vinegar denature the meat? Vinegary meat sounds very unappealing. I do eat egg yolks after I eat meat sometimes.

I didn't see raw meat in my stool until I did the enema. I thought the enema only reaches the lower colon (I didn't do the enema to "clean my colon" or anything, I actually was crappy after the holidays). I can understand undigested meat being in the intestine but the colon? Maybe I stimulated the intestine too and everything just expelled because I was really hungry afterwards. Oops.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 05:49:27 am »
Probably, but you may want to cut down on  the amount of meat you eat at one sitting.  Your body can only use so much protein for repair and maintenance, the rest is converted to glucose at the expense of some toxic byproducts, better to get your energy from fats, or even carbs.  I can't remember are you finding tasty animal fats to eat in good quantities?

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 08:55:05 am »
For morning and lunch, I did not eat raw meat at all. After thinking about the stool, I didn't want to eat it yet until I craved it.
I decided to add more starch into my diet to see how I feel (and the probiotic I use need a boost too), so I cooked up a bit of indian rice using the cooked broth as water and bacon grease. I had cooked bacon, rice, and broth.
During dinner I began craving raw meat again so I took out the leftover beef shank and ate less than a palmful, making sure not to overdo it. I warmed the marrow I scooped out of the bone and the raw meat in my broth (not warm enough to cook it), and it tasted a lot better as the dry meat soaked up the broth. I feel a lot better.

Have any of you tried drying meat in the fridge for a few days (a day or two) before eating it? I realized that softer meats is much easier to cut instead of just forming to the knife.

van I usually eat a lot of animal fats before raw paleo, but I realized that I recently haven't been doing so. When I get my hands on raw butter, I eat half a pound in a day not because I force myself but because I crave it. After raw butter, the other butters I used to eat now taste like wax (and this is the pastured, organic kind of butters). I think this is why I haven't been eating a lot of animal fats recently, because I just got so spoiled by the raw butter.
However I have often have raw egg yolks after meal, yogurt, and I also eat the fats off the raw meats so I don't think I am too fat deprived. However I think my body is used to a lot more fats running through the guts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk