Author Topic: To fish or not to fish  (Read 4569 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
To fish or not to fish
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:34 am »
This kind of gets into conspiracy theories. But what do you guys think of this.

It seems like there's a lot of recommendations to increase certain foods and do certain things.

1) eat fish for omega 3's
- No amount of fish is ever going to balance the amount of omega 6 in the SAD. All I can see eating 3 servings of fish weekly is increasing mercury intake dramatically. And please don't say anything about it being in its' organic form unless you're ready to cite sources. Organic in chemistry (the way people describe mercury from the ocean) means nothing more than containing carbon and hydrogen, and organic in food (ie no pesticides) are completely different things. Point is eating maybe 6 grams of omega 3 from fish each week isn't going to make up for the other 455 grams of SAD fats (based on RDA of fat for a week).

Makes more sense to me to eat pastured animal fats, activate enzymes needed to make conversions of omega 3 ALA to DHA and EPA.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: To fish or not to fish
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:39:33 am »
BOTH wild ocean fish and pastured animals are great foods.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:57 pm »
Here's another example - the microorganism study. How many people think that being sanitary is bad now?

The study showed that healthy bacteria on a farm - where people drank raw milk from grass fed cows, were out on clean pastures, etc were healthier. The conclusion they reached was that it's unhealthy to be to sanitary.

To me, those are some farfetched results to get. What the study really showed was coming in contact with healthy bacteria improves your health. There are studies showing feedlots make people sick - lots of bacteria there too.

Amish study - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140490/Amish-children-nearly-immune-asthma-allergies.html

http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html
"Human health and quality of life are compromised by large-scale swine operations

According to a 2000 study, people living close to a 6,000 head swine operation in North Carolina reported "increased occurrences of headaches, runny nose, sore throat, excessive coughing, diarrhea, and burning eyes." These complaints are similar to those reported by people who work in confinement swine operations.

Factory farming may increase profitability for corporate owners, but it can erode the health and quality of life of farm workers and members of the surrounding community.

Wing, S. and S. Wolf (2000). "Intensive livestock operations, health, and quality of life among eastern North Carolina residents." Environ Health Perspect 108(3): 233-8."

I mention this so people can look objectively at the studies that are suggesting certain practices.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:45:12 am »
BOTH wild ocean fish and pastured animals are great foods.

I'm not advocating against fish. I'm discussing how the SAD has so much omega 6, that a little omega 3 from fish wouldn't do much.

Everything doesn't have to be an argument. You can find pieces of the post you agree with, and expand on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk