Author Topic: Your Education Level (Regarding Science)  (Read 6229 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Your Education Level (Regarding Science)
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »
Hi everyone. Purely out of curiosity I'm wondering how many science classes each of you have taken - chemistry, biology, etc. Please be as detailed as possible, describe what classes you've taken, etc. Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:48:38 am by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Your Education Level (Regarding Science)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 03:12:42 am »
Gee whiz, where to start. I was on a pre-med track while doing my undergrad work, so took biology, chemistry, genetics, biochemistry, anatomy & physiology, parasitology, etc. Ended up specializing in ecology and evolution though, and went on to get a masters in environmental science (lots of environmental chemistry and toxicology courses) as well as a second masters in environmental policy. My PhD is in natural resources, most of my coursework was actually in economics and energy systems.

Depending on how exactly you define a 'science' class, I might have taken lots of them, or lots and lots of them.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 05:51:11 am »
Gee whiz, where to start. I was on a pre-med track while doing my undergrad work, so took biology, chemistry, genetics, biochemistry, anatomy & physiology, parasitology, etc. Ended up specializing in ecology and evolution though, and went on to get a masters in environmental science (lots of environmental chemistry and toxicology courses) as well as a second masters in environmental policy. My PhD is in natural resources, most of my coursework was actually in economics and energy systems.

Depending on how exactly you define a 'science' class, I might have taken lots of them, or lots and lots of them.

Very impressive.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:30:42 am »
I took all the required high school science classes (basic biology, chemistry, physics). In college, a science class or two was required, but there were fun science classes (if your major wasn't science) such as Physics of Music (featuring the Moog synthesizer) and the Art of Light.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:47:52 am »
Formal classes... that was a long time ago in Engineering College in 1986-1993, all the stuff required there.  But none of that knowledge helped me with any of my health issues when they arrived in my 30s.

All the helpful knowledge for healing I learned 2006 to today 2014.  Viva the internet.

I also met real hands on healers locally.  And by experience with myself and healing others hands on.

Curezone.
Barefoot Herbalist 108 first class.
Aajonus books.
Many other books.
Plus this website.... thanks to all you guys and gals sharing experiences and 2 cents.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:30:53 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 08:36:19 pm »
High school is the only education I actually completed.  But I did take many full ride attempts at university for microbiology, psychology and environmental science.  I was much more successful as a student of life, doing much independent and field study on ethnobiology and botany and studying natural health and psychology while working within the organic and health food Industry for many years.  Also consider myself experience educated in farming, always continuing to gather knowledge through life. 

Huge problems I see with science and any "higher" education is the narrow mindedness and specification of disciplines and lack of real world, field experience, I saw this in university and government agricultural labs, you see this all the time in science.  People do not understand and are not being taugt to attune themselves to the dynamic interconnected of our life experience because they are taught in facilities and by faculty that shut down our precious intuition, our guide for all sensing and all "knowing".  So at best we can attempt to understand this all through cultural bias and inadequate language.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »
Huge problems I see with science and any "higher" education is the narrow mindedness and specification of disciplines and lack of real world, field experience, I saw this in university and government agricultural labs, you see this all the time in science.  People do not understand and are not being taugt to attune themselves to the dynamic interconnected of our life experience because they are taught in facilities and by faculty that shut down our precious intuition, our guide for all sensing and all "knowing".  So at best we can attempt to understand this all through cultural bias and inadequate language.

My personal view is not that schools try to "make people think a certain way." But rather that people are already thinking that way, instructors included. The average person has the mentality that once they know something it's set in stone forever. It's no different for faculty, and even students. Schools don't teach people to think like that. Rather people just have that mentality. I think higher education courses are an excellent choice, but that people need to apply a "nothing I know is set in stone" mentality. Their views can change, things that were believed to be true can be wrong, and things that were believed to be wrong can be true.

On that note, I ask what actual science classes have been taken by members here to have an idea of where people get their information. With all the misconceptions here, it's helpful to have an idea who has what kind of background in health and science, and who's read a book and read some website and is now an expert. That way I'm aware when someone says some essential nutrients are toxic or inorganic, I have an idea where they're coming from, and that they haven't taken the science classes that would clear up their misconceptions.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »
People are thinking that way ad teachers are thinking that way because we have been taught through years and years of cultural indoctrination that you can actually come to a concise, omnipotent conclusion about anything.  Religion, politics, history, all of hose constructs rely on these teachings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk