Author Topic: Fish head smoothie Video  (Read 24929 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fish head smoothie Video
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 10:29:26 pm »
... our gastric juices must be strong enough to dissolve even big pieces of spines, they are not as hard as bones. (and maybe we can even dissolve little pieces of bones?)

There was a study I read about where the researcher swallowed a whole small rodent and then examined his feces for bone remnants. He found that no bones exited his digestive tract intact.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 01:13:03 am »
reminds me of a French guy who supposedly ate an entire airplane!  ;D
The new trend: raw mechanivore diet  ;)
Michel Lotito: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Lotito

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 12:28:32 pm »
Dear Inger, I was always curious about your fish smoothie. Thank you for this great video. I wonder , why don't you blend the whole fish instead of the head only? I can picture myself eating entire smoothie without holding my nose LOL -d.... I will look for ur kind of fish from my local Whole Food place. But other day I purchased a fish's head and bones for ONLY 99 cents lbs while that fish fillet they r selling for $30 per lbs. So I also get skin, stomach, liver and lots of fats. I ate some raw just chewing on that. Rest of that my mom cooked. Here are the photos
bugs or country chickens

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 03:35:07 pm »
reminds me of a French guy who supposedly ate an entire airplane!  ;D
The new trend: raw mechanivore diet  ;)
Michel Lotito: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Lotito
Incredible but true! I didn’t know about this man, but found plenty articles about him on the web. "It worked for him” until “he died of natural causes in 2007 at 57 years old”. I could not find out what these “natural causes unrelated to his diet” were. I wonder how it can be said that his death was unrelated to his diet? Causes and effects… see my signature!
http://flickeringpictures.com/2009/01/02/the-man-who-ate-an-airplane/
His diet since 1966 included 18 bicycles, 15 supermarket trolleys, seven TV sets, six chandeliers, two beds, a pair of skis, a low-calorie Cessna light aircraft and a computer. He is said to have provided the only example in history of a coffin (handles and all) ending up inside a man. By October 1997, he had eaten nearly nine tons of metal
http://listverse.com/2012/12/07/10-ridiculously-stupid-world-records/
Michel Lotito is a legend in the realm of weird records and abilities. He was able to chew up almost anything and eat it. He demonstrated his ability to chew up light bulbs, razor blades, glass bottles, and lots of other sharp, not-so-nutritious objects. He still had to eat regular food to live, and his hobby wore his teeth down to nubs, but he refused to stop. He was born with a stomach lining over twice as thick as normal, which is why he did not die of peritonitis.
His most famous feat came in the 1990s, when he spent two years eating a Cessna 150. He first had to break it up with a sledgehammer, acetylene torch, and bolt cutter, but did bite most of the glass parts directly off the plane, chew them up, and swallow them. He passed every single metal and glass part through his system in the normal way, including the engine. He even ate the upholstered leather seats, and the tires. He died “of natural causes” in 2007 at 57 years old. Perhaps no one would dare attempt to eat a larger plane, but there are plenty of raisin cakes out there who think they might have what it takes to chew up a razor blade and swallow it without harm.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 06:43:13 am »
hi again! i have another question :P

i have been able to get a whole fresh fish, with organs too! i'm very happy

now my question is, is there any organ that is not safe for human consumption? did you have any bad experience?

i'm planning to make a smooth with the organs tomorrow for breakfast, i tried them (little piece of each one) and one of it is kinda "granulated" like fatty, and tasted strong, a little bitter, are all organs ok to eat? the fish does not look rancid.

have you done it?

i have read that you use the organs mixed with the head!

this fish weights 4kg so is big head haha i will have for 4 or 5 smoothies with organs and head X)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 06:08:38 pm »
safe.... no....lol it all depends on your situation I guess!
You can get parasites especially from consuming the organs..... do I care myself? Not really.... I usually eat the white fish milk, the thing that are in the make fish when female fishes have roe.. and then I do the roe... and sometimes liver too... I ditch the intestines. But they might be beneficial too? You can test it out and report.... might be greats stuff.
If your digestion is not good and you live in a high EMF environment and your health is compromised it might be better to not consume too much parasite-risky food ;). But I have so far not had any issues.... but this is nothing I recommend to others, as it sure can be risky.
Myself, I am willing to take the risk for the sake of science...  >D
I really do not fear parasites at all. I just cannot... it would keep me in a prison like state and I do not like that. Then I would have to fear to eat wild herbs in the woods... wild berries... as they can have dangerous parasites too... etc etc. I cannot/I do not want to live without my beloved wildies.. I cannot live a sterile life... it would make me unhappy
If I do got any parasite issue I would just go to the doc and get a pill and that would take care of it I guess :) Like Tyler did :)

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »
hehe.. thanks Inger!

i was asking more because maybe some of the organs or intestines have toxins on it. i was not scared by parasites , but now I am! :P

i did a smoothie with liver,  i-dont-know-what-was-that (something with a withe faty thing inside, tasty) and another thing that had like little little little "grains" (like white-yellow). I tried this alone and it wasnt bad. it wasnt good either.
but the smoothie was horrible! i mean i was able to drink a little bit of it, maybe 3 gulps, and then i gave to the cats... I had an after taste REALLY bitter on the back of the mouth. waaaaaagggggg!

the thing inside the intestines is really bitter, didn't liked it too.

i will see how i'm feeling on the next couple of hours... i hope this is not doing bad to me!

i ate a lot of flesh after the smoothie... x)

so, after all, are parasites capable of living inside of me, even if they are fish parasites?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 03:50:31 am »
well.... some fish parasites cant live inside of you long, like anisakiasis that often lives in mackerel. You can see them. If I see some in a mackerel I just pick them away as good as i can and eat the fish raw anyways. You can get some short lived gut issues from them (I never had...) but after 2 weeks they die and can not reproduce. Roundworms etc. can live inside us too. But I think if your digestion works great they will not survive too easy in the stomach acid. I have eaten raw cod with i think round worms... at least it looked like that... and it seem to not like me as i never got any issues from it. You can google parasites in the fish where you live and fishes you eat and then look what they are like and what they do/ how dangerous they are. So far I have not gotten scared as all the ones I can get here from seafood are easily taken care of with a pill. I would not eat raw fish if I were in Africa or other foreign countries tho. They have different parasites..... You need to read up on it and your fears will vanish :)

The white creamy thing i think was the fish milk. It is nice tasting and mild and creamy for sure! The grainy thing could have been roe, no? Liver is easy, it looks like ours very close to the head but small of course. I guess the bitter tasting could have been the gall bladder. If you ditch the intestines you will not have that issue. That is what I do. I do not think it is dangerous to eat tho... it will just taste not so good. I do not like my fish smoothies either but I always hold my nose and rinse my moth after... so I do not care about the taste.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:55 am »
I don't make fish smoothies, but I do use the internet to find fish anatomy charts so I learn what part is what. The gall bladder is bitter, and bitter may be good to eat, but I do best when I eat it alone to "savor" the bitter taste for a second. I love dissecting the fish innards, it makes me feel so familiar with the food I eat.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 06:32:20 am »
thanks for the info.

i'm actually not scared about parasites. Aajonus V. took that fear away from me haha.

I don't feel the bitter of the fish organs like the bitter of chicory or dandelion for example. its kinda diferent. I don't want to swallow the fish bitter. with greens i have no problem, i even like them. but this fish thing is repulsive, i will never eat that.

thanks for the idea on searching images of the anatomy of fishes!! i will do that next time so i will now for sure what part is what =)

i will try to find now if the grainy thing is the roe x)

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
I haven't made a fish head smoothie yet, though I have chewed up sardine heads, which are not bad if you can get all the scales off.

This may be somewhat gruesome to people outside of this forum.....

I've been thinking about whole animal smoothies as a way to absorb the maximum nutrition possible. I have 5 bunnies and a blentek.  Two of the rabbits are bred and may give birth sometime in the next few weeks. Since there are limited number of hutches, I was thinking about making a smoothie with whole buck bunnies.

I also have a pregnant guinea pig ready to give birth anytime, I am going to skin, gut and blend, the cull males.

It may take some experimentation to find the perfect recipe, but if a bunny smooth taste as good as it sounds I may be onto something good. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Please don't forget to make a video when you do your experiment.

Same is true for Inger.

Dear Inger,

After you advice, I also started eating mackerel/herring heads, but I eat them as they are (i.e. without making smoothy).

I also tried smoothie, and it tasted much better than what I imagined. But still I prefer eating heads as they are.

Inger, could you please experiment once of drinking your smoothie without gills and tell us if you feel any difference in health benefits without gills or not. I tried to eat gills raw, but they didn't taste good to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk