Author Topic: Intestinal blockage  (Read 114737 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Intestinal blockage
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:21 am »
Potato starch is easily obtainable raw, by juicing potatoes, letting it sit for a couple of minutes and the starch will fall to the bottom.  Pretty simple.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2015, 02:16:39 am »
i think the "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" quote is pretty harsh...

Yes, that quote is a wry commentary on life, intentionally so. "Shit happens!" is along the same vein. Life's bottom line: whatever stress you don't master will keep on presenting itself to you; the longer you resist learning how to cope, the longer you will suffer. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

i think physical health and strength do wonders to lend resiliency to the emotional and spiritual body. 

It goes the other way, too: if you learn to master your emotional and spiritual bodies, your health will improve.

Tribe_, Jessica and I are giving you opposite advice, but there is no "who is right and who is wrong" here. I hope you can use both perspectives to find your own, and realize that Jessica doesn't always "quit" and I don't always "stay" in stressful situations. And as Jessica said, the in-your-own-head conversation that you develop as you go through this situation is very important, so do pay attention to what you are thinking, to what you really want.

For example, what if you realize that you don't want to continue with hockey? It's not that easy to think that now, because those other voices in your head will argue that you have always loved hockey. You might worry about what others will think if you decide that this level of hockey playing is not fun.  Concerns like that can cloud your vision, but don't worry because so many people change their mind. You have a right to change yours, too. You might even get stuck because you don't know what you really want to do, but it is not necessary to know what you want to do next before you quit going in the wrong direction.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »
With only 18 days left in the regular season, 7 games, I'm going to try and tough it out.

My team currently trains together under a crossfit coach, doing team circuits/competitions. While fun, they put lots of strain on my body.
Going to ask our trainer to give me more of a specialized workout specific to my needs, so I can correct my neck,spine,hips ect... Restorative yoga is helping my knees ankles and feet so much, also lower back. 

I've started eating 1/2lb raw ground beef(seared for 30sec on ea side) with raw eggs, Kerry gold.
I'm only searing It because it's not organic. No issues so far. If I get my hands on organic I will try 100% raw.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2015, 01:20:34 pm »
You might want to look into the Gokhale method for your musculoskeletal problems. It's basically paleo posture/movement.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2015, 08:49:12 pm »
Ok I'll check it out, thanks!

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2015, 01:51:49 pm »
Ate about half pound of pretty raw grass fed beef shank. Seared for only about 1minutes total. Only a thin layer of brown/grey on the outside, everything else raw. It was soooo hard to chew.... I much prefer eating raw ground beef.
I ate it with raw eggs, butter, sliced lime, and some sauerkruat.

Hopefully i have positive results.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:59:42 pm by A_Tribe_Called_Paleo »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »
Ate about half pound of pretty raw grass fed beef shank. Seared for only about 1minutes total. Only a thin layer of brown/grey on the outside, everything else raw. It was soooo hard to chew.... I much prefer eating raw ground beef.
I are it with raw eggs, butter, sliced lime, and some sauerkruat.

Hopefully i have positive results.

The shank of beef is very tendony and sinewy. Select a different cut for a different experience, such as reasonably-price cuts from the rump. Try London broil, eye of round, rump roast, cuts like that. I pay less than $10/pound for grassfed.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:35 pm »
Ok, I will look for those cuts today. I chose Shank because it was cheapest.

Does anyone know if veal has to be grassfed? Or is it raised on mothers milk?

The veal at WF doesn't say gf, but it looks tender/fatty and is cheap bc it's local.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2015, 02:10:36 am »
Does anyone know if veal has to be grassfed? Or is it raised on mothers milk?

The veal at WF doesn't say gf, but it looks tender/fatty and is cheap bc it's local.

Of course, you must ask your supplier and sometimes the ranch to get the answer to your question, but be aware that veal is often fed "milk replacer" instead of milk... and veal calves are often housed in feedlots and are subject to sickness because of their housing situation. (Read: might need antibiotics.) Even if veal calves are given only cows's milk, it's not like they are suckling from the cow.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2015, 02:13:21 am »
I wouldn't support practices where the animal is fed anything in a cage.   

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »
Ok I didn't known this about veal. Won't be buying any from WF anytime soon.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2015, 10:42:54 pm »
So far I've tried mackerel raw, ground beef, beef shank, and lamb shoulder slightly seared for 1minute.

I feel like ground beef and lamb was most easily digested. Beef shank was difficult, was very bloated/gassy for next 24 hrs after eating. Raw mackerel was the hardest to digest.

How long should I wait to make the transition into fully raw meat(lamb,ground beef)? I want to jump right in but I don't want to run into any digestive problems again, like my first 8 day fight with constipation. I'm not sure how healthy my gut is either, possible leaky gut, and candida could be a problem. I'm eating enzyme rich foods to aid digestion lemon, lime, papaya, kiwi, ACV. They seem to help a lot. I'm doing anything I can to make digestion as easy as possible.

Any tips for eating raw meat? I know to avoid raw meat and full vegetables together. Any safe combinations that could help aid digestion?

With the current health of my gut, should I be concerned about worms/parasites? I know a healthy individual doesn't need to worry. From what I've read here maybe eating garlic and onions with rawest would help against parasites/worms? I know GS uses herbs for himself and his son. Hopefully raw meat and onions doesn't cause any digestive havoc.

I just don't want to run into anymore digestive problems. I've come a long way with the help of this forum. I'm now eliminating each morning, and sometimes night too. Consistency is good, just lack the feeling/urge to go. Which I think is a spine/nerve/blood flow  issue. I hope raw meat will help this too!

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2015, 08:12:43 am »
I cut my season short, and am now currently back in San Diego.

The drive back was tough. 4 days, 10-12 hours of driving a day. Stopped every 3-4 hours to do a little running, stretching.

Ate only fruit, raw ground beef, raw eggs, and butter.

Was only able to manage 1 BM whole trip.

On the way back i Listened to tons of podcasts about IBS. Its possible my problem could be a parasite/worm infestation. I am going to try bowel and liver flushes to see what comes out.

Parasites seem like they can cause a huge problem on a rpd if you have a compromised gut. I should have healed gut before jumping into diet.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2015, 05:40:23 am »
had red blobs in my BM today. At first i thought it was blood, but it looked to solid.

Could it be undigested ground beef? Has this happened to anyone before?

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2015, 02:17:02 am »
remaining symptoms fatigue, gas, bloating, abdominal pains, alternating between Diarrhea  and Constipation, and Lack of feeling/urge to go.

I've been emailing Barefoot Herbalist for a while now, and ive Decided to use his LBB(lower bowel balance) capsules, and PWA Formula for 90 days. his recommendation was  9 LBB caps per day, and 1 tbsp PWA morning and night.

He also recommends a 21-40 day OJ + Distilled water Fast. I dont understand his reasoning for using OJ, but i have read about many benefits of fasting. Has anyone experimented/benefit from a fast? I feel like a bone broth fast would be more nourishing. I feel like my Digestive system, and organs have just been over worked from 18 or so years on a SAD diet, and need time to heal.

If anyone has any experience with Barefoots products, please share!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2015, 06:19:31 am »
'healers' often will prescribe some protocol.     But the more challenging 'protocol' is to find balance for the rest of your life, and let your body heal itself.   That takes patience and being connected to Yourself.       Much different than going 'out' and finding some instantaneous or quick fix that the mind can at least for the moment believe in,,, till the next attraction comes along.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2015, 08:07:40 am »
I agree with van.  Sounds like you are already having ideas on what might work better for you, like broth fasting.Try it.  See how you feel.  Maybe you just need one day, maybe you need to have broth replace a meal, maybe it helps you find moderation, maybe not.  To with what feels best to you.  18 years of diet and who knows how many years of over exertion is A LOT to heal from, it will take time and it's best if you are practical, moderate and patient.  Be gentle and kind to yourself .
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:36:32 am by jessica »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2015, 09:40:49 am »
Long-distance healing (internet, phone, etc) is a poor way to diagnose and treat someone. Even when listening carefully to the symptoms you describe, the diagnostic tool of subtle observation is missing. More important, your own sensory feedback is overlooked. In this case, the symptoms (fatigue, gas, bloating, abdominal pains, bowel movement problems) are your main focus. Instead, learn to use taste, smell, and other sensory responses you get from unprocessed food to guide you to the right foods for you.

I don't know much about your current practice of eating RPD since you returned to California, but even if I assume you have eaten a species-appropriate, raw, unprocessed diet for the last few weeks, I'd urge you to start from there and follow your own wisdom, which will develop in time.

First and foremost, you need to learn to be confident in your own wisdom. Your lack of confidence  can potentially make you the target of everyone with a slick sales pitch. And I don't mean that as a dismissal of any particular healer or of any specific supplements and protocols. I'm saying this because you don't seem to trust your own decision. Trying different things is good for discovery, but deciding to try these supplements when your inner voice says "bone broth" can lead to a lot of inner conflict.

And yes, I have tried diluted o.j. and LBB formula and all that. My family's experience is that paleo, especially bone broth, is outstanding for all types of healing, and my own experience is that RPD is the highest healer of all.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »
I've fasted for seven days twice before and it just made me feel really tired.
Much better is intermittent fasting, for a single day every week or two, or eating one meal a day only after you get really hungry, and/or limiting yourself to one food type, such as a seven day raw vegetable fast, or raw meat fast. Or possibly one piece of fruit three times a day would be another fast that would work for some people.
You could try a bone broth fast.
I've been though all sorts of supplements and pills and portions and at the end of it all it was hard to tell if any of them made any difference.
For me the best supplement while getting off an irritable bowel causing combination of modern food and parasites, which would first create diarrhea and then constipation and lower back pain, was a tablespoon each of psyllium husk, slippery elm bark and potato starch.

Turmeric and black pepper soaked in olive oil has very good reports as being one of the best herbal treatments, it's worth a Google.

I found that two sessions each with a ChiGong energy healer, who channeled Chi to my stomach, and with a natural healer, who balanced my chakras, to be very helpful.

And also listening to guided meditation / hypnosis, there's several available on YouTube,  just choose something with a positive message and a nice voice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:19:39 pm by Alive »

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2015, 01:55:35 am »
Thanks for the replies everyone. you all make good points, i will try and approach things with more confidence. During my time in New Jersey I was eating inferior quality raw meats from WholeFoods and Trader Joes. Since back in Caifornia ive been eating Mainly local grown fruits n veggies from Farmers Market, and raw beef from Homegrown Meats,  a local farm Eve shared with me. Their meat is so expensive i can only afford to eat it 2-3 times a week. But after hearing Dr. Sutter's interview on parasites/worms http://www.oneradionetwork2.com/mp3/health/cleansing/sutter_kenneth_june_19_parasites_liver_flush_agent_orange_fatigue_healing_natural.mp3,
I will never eat inferior WF/trader joes meat again. I wish i had heard this before.

This is interview, along with my constant gas/bloating, back and forth Constipation/Diarrhea, and abdominal pain  is what sold me on trying Barefoot's 90 day LBB/PWA Deworming protocol. I truely believe i could have an infestation caused by industrial chemicals, and inferior quality meat.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will approach his protocol with confidence, and substitute his OJ fast with a Bone Broth equivalent.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2015, 03:35:25 am »
...raw beef from Homegrown Meats,  a local farm Eve shared with me. Their meat is so expensive i can only afford to eat it 2-3 times a week.

With a good-but-expensive source of GF meats, you can look around and ask about other sources. After four years of searching, I'm still finding newer and better meats, and that's just with casual looking around.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2015, 03:52:31 am »
Eve, im still looking. Theres 3 farms local to me that i have visited and trust. Homegrown is the cheapest of the 3. Im trying to avoid meat that would have to be shipped to me.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:01 am »
Homegrown looks like the kind of place that'll do special orders. For instance, they might give you free fat trimmings. Also, ask about the cuts that they use in their ground beef and see if you can get those for the ground-beef price under $10.

Also, ask about brains or the whole head. If they wonder, you can say that you are using it for cabeza (stewed head, contents all mashed together to make tasty tacos).

But having said that, beef heads are huge, and I only eat smaller heads like lamb and goat.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:33 am »
I've started eating 1/2lb raw ground beef(seared for 30sec on ea side) with raw eggs, Kerry gold.
I'm only searing It because it's not organic. No issues so far. If I get my hands on organic I will try 100% raw.

FWIW I did the same thing and with the same thinking for over 2 years and didn't see any major benefit until I started eating meat 100% raw, a little over 2 months ago. 

In my view, the reason you want organic and grassfed is because it'll have less toxins, especially in the fat and organs. The bacteria are not what's bad for you from factory farmed meat, it's the toxins. And when you cook it, you make the toxins more easily absorbed, as you break the bonds that existed in the animal body, that your own digestive system can recognize and eliminate before too much is absorbed. What's more, when you partially cook it, the bacteria from the raw part will create toxic byproducts when they eat the cooked parts which are toxic for them.

If you can't find organic or wild meat of any kind, just have the raw lean muscle tissue without the fat. That is pretty low on toxins. You can have some other source of fats, like organic, unvaccinated, pastured eggs, or avocados. This is what I'm doing for the most part, and although my fat intake is much lower than I would prefer, and my protein intake is much higher by proportion, it's working pretty well.

If the reason for searing it is psychological (so that you can tell yourself it's not raw but rare), and you want to give it a cooked color, you can marinate it in lemon juice. Works particularly well with ground beef (or any other ground meats). Mix 1lb ground beef to 5-7oz lemon juice. Within a few minutes after mixing it well, you will have a bowl of ground beef that looks totally cooked, but isn't. Or if you only want the outside to look that way, you won't be needing much lemon juice at all, just enough to cover the outside for a short time. I usually add spicy things like garlic, onion, ginger or hot peppers, but you don't have to. Also a couple eggs mixed in there go great (meaning you can't taste them at all), but they'll stick to the meat and separate some the lemon juice out, so add them after the meat has your desired color.

Also, if you're interested, the whole idea of searing meat to kill bacteria comes from the concept that the outside part of the meat cuts is contaminated during the butchery process (from bacteria in the intestinal tract and/or other bacteria from the outside environment), but that the inside of the muscle or organs is sterile (which it isn't, but that's another issue). If you sear ground beef, but the inside is raw, that doesn't even work under that paradigm, because what used to be the outside of the cut of meat is now mixed all over the place, not just on the outside of it. So the fact that you've been doing this means it's perfectly safe to do 100% raw. You'll probably get detoxes as your body adapts and utilizes the new nutrients, but that's something else.

Btw, I also believe personally that meat of any kind that has been frozen loses a lot of nutrients, but others here disagree. I mention that because I noticed that a lot of the sources for organic meats come frozen since most of their customers don't seem to care, and it makes it easier for storage and shipping.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:06:45 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2015, 12:18:47 pm »
My barefoot herbalist products arrived today. Going to start them tomorrow.

Also going to get a check up from my doc, see if i can learn anything from him. Going to ask for blood test, maybe hair test. Any other beneficial tests they can run?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk